Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

20 Reasons To Start Your Own Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Reasons To Start Your Own Business (623 Views)

Start Your Own Business Today / 20 Reasons Why You Should Patronize Made In Nigeria Products / 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by solutionfort: 9:18am On Jan 27, 2015
If you’re an entrepreneur you have heard the million reasons not to go into business: It’s too risky, you might go into debt, you’ll probably lose sleep, your social life is kaput, and the list goes on. But even with all these uncertainties, people are still attracted to the startup world. There are just as many, if not more reasons to take the leap and go start your own business. Here are just a few:

1) Your posterity. If you’re a doctor, plumber or bus driver it’s hard to imagine you passing your career on to your loved ones. But if you own your own business, that’s something you can pass on to the next generation. And be proud of it, because you created it.

2) Job security. Have you ever been laid off, downsized, or fired? If you have, you get this. With entrepreneurship the security lies in the fact you are your own boss. You run the show and don't have to worry about getting let go.

3) Networking. Entrepreneurs are communal creatures. We love to meet each other, swap stories, and learn from each other’s experiences. Your circle of friends and acquaintances always grows when you become an entrepreneur, as many founders need others to lean on to survive and talk about the challenges only known to them.

4) Doing good. While this isn’t exclusive to entrepreneurs, it’s definitely a perk. You control where your company profits go and if you choose, you can give allocate your financial gains to others. You can sponsor a charity, a non-profit or just personally give back to the community. This is quite honestly one of the best parts of being an entrepreneur.

5) Mentorship. Having had mentors and getting to be a mentor have been some of the best experiences of my life. Learning from the masters and getting to help those less experienced than you gives you such a sense of satisfaction. From my experience (and other's stories) the entrepreneurial community is very willing to give back and lend a helping hand.

6) Becoming an expert. This point goes along with mentorship. Regardless of what you do as an entrepreneur, if you stick with it, you’ll probably become very good at it. And this gives you a sort of soapbox, so use it. You'll have the chance to be interviewed for your expertise, write about it and get to spread your message.

7) Skills. People ask me how I learned about Web design, Mobile Marketing, SEO, social media, pay-per-click, PR and all the other marketing techniques I utilize. I tell them that I was forced to learn them, otherwise I wouldn't survive. These skills will be invaluable throughout your life.

cool Financial independence. Let’s be honest, this is probably the biggest reason people get into business for themselves. And that’s a good thing! You should want financial independence. However you define financial independence – retirement stockpile, unlimited cash potential or having the money to buy what you want -- entrepreneurship can allow you to achieve it. Trust me, money doesn’t buy happiness, but it does make finding happiness much easier.

9) Create jobs. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you’re responsible for the success of your employees. Your ideas provided them the opportunity to earn a living, provide for their family and fulfill their own dreams.

10) Your brand. Being known for something is awfully enjoyable. People may start referring to you as the marketing guy, or the retail maven or the software guru. Whatever it is you’re recognized as, it’s fun to build that brand and earn that recognition.

I’ve given you a list of why I think you should get into business just as most people will or probably have given you but what YOU haven't been told is the kindl of business you should start with little capital with you and rake in 6 FIGURE income monthly. Go to www.mobilemarketingforts.com for a business secret that will change your life forever.

Regards,

Vitalis Chime

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by NicholasBu(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2015
Vitalis, this is a great post. It seems you and I are like minded people. Which city are you? If in Abuja there's a summit coming up this weekend and would like you to attend. Details:

2015 FINANCIAL SUMMIT

Theme: IMPROVE YOUR CASH FLOW
A proven strategy against austerity.

Be our guest! (ATTENDANCE IS FREE!)

Saturday: 31st January 2015. Time:12:00pm Prompt.
Gurara Hall, Rockview Classic Hotel, Opposite Exclusive Stores, Wuse II, Abuja.

For seat reservations and other info call: 07038962260, 08078881945
Cheers Brother.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria. Its New,its Real Its Govt. Aprove / I Need Contact For London Use Bb And Iphone / Pls Can Someone Help With My Quickteller (WU) Transfer..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.