Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation (4289 Views)

See this Zobo Fufu / How To Make Pineapple Flavoured Scrambled Eggs And Yam With Zobo (hibiscus Tea) / Order For Fresh Roselle Fruit (zobo) Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2015
please i am having difficulties doing zobo...i did exactly what i read online but the outcome wasn't good...can someome help me out with all the necessary ingredients and when and how to put them...

as many ideas as possible
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2015
First wash the zobo leaves in cold water to remove the dust. Then turn the leaves into a pot and add water (depends on the quantity you want). For me, I also add Pineapple peel/back (after washing it of course) and some ginger because I love the flavour of both. Heat up the pot till it boils very well. Sieve out the water into a clean bowl and allow to cool for a while. Pour into a jug and add some sugar if you like and stir. Fill up plastic bottles with the zobo and put in the fridge to get cold. Serve in wine glasses and enjoy.

Zobo drink is one of my favourites.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 10:27am On Jan 27, 2015
thank you so much
uboma:
First wash the zobo leaves in cold water to remove the dust. Then turn the leaves into a pot and add water (depends on the quantity you want). For me, I also add Pineapple peel/back (after washing it of course) and some ginger because I love the flavour of both. Heat up the pot till it boils very well. Sieve out the water into a clean bowl and allow to cool for a while. Pour into a jug and add some sugar if you like and stir. Fill up plastic bottles with the zobo and put in the fridge to get cold. Serve in wine glasses and enjoy.

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2015
^^^ you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
there is one spice you forgot to mention, I've forgotten the name but it's like small broken stems of a dried plant and it's wrapped like how they wrap groundnut .
this is what I use;
-baking flavour(strawberry)
-sugar
-hibiscus flower (dried)
-ginger (dried)
-local peppersoup spice
- sachet nutritional drink(strawberry)

local pepper soup spice, boil all together for at list 30minutes.

allow to cool, when it's warm add the baking flavour(1 cap, too much destroys taste)
add the whole sachet of the powder nutritional drink.
add sugar and taste to know what level of ingredients are in the mixture.
if any is not enough to your taste you could still add little by little.
filter and refrigerate.

when the water is boiling, put the washed flower with ginger and pineapple skin and that

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by crazyinlove: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
uboma:

Nice steps though I prefer to add sugar when it is still warm, so that it can dissolve well.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
crazyinlove:

Nice steps though I prefer to add sugar when it is still warm, so that it can dissolve well.

Okay, noted. Personally I don't add sugar to mine.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
that is the ingredient i want to know....what is the name of that ingredient in any local nig language....i know it as cinnamon..
but the truth about it is i cant identify it...please describe it
shadowgwalker:
there is one spice you forgot to mention, I've forgotten the name but it's like small broken stems of a dried plant and it's wrapped like how they wrap groundnut .
this is what I use;
-baking flavour(strawberry)
-sugar
-hibiscus flower (dried)
-ginger (dried)
-local peppersoup spice
- sachet nutritional drink(strawberry)

local pepper soup spice, boil all together for at list 30minutes.

allow to cool, when it's warm add the baking flavour(1 cap, too much destroys taste)
add the whole sachet of the powder nutritional drink.
add sugar and taste to know what level of ingredients are in the mixture.
if any is not enough to your taste you could still add little by little.
filter and refrigerate.

when the water is boiling, put the washed flower with ginger and pineapple skin and that
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by 4tunebest(f): 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
pinkhill:
that is the ingredient i want to know....what is the name of that ingredient in any local nig language....i know it as cinnamon..

Kanafuru

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
pinkhill:
I just don't know the name but they sell it the place they have the other items. you just say you need everything for making zobo, when they bring them out then you select what you need.
I'm in Abuja so it's common here.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
4tunebest:

Kanafuru
aha!!!! thank you!!!!that's it

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by mamziii(f): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
4tunebest:

Kanafuru
kanafuri in zobo like criously? At op I am frm d north as in typical hausa girl and neva hav I heard of kanafuri in zobo. C how I prep my Zobo, 1small pineapple,a clove of ginger,sugar, a satchet of jolly juice,and pineapple flavor. Wash d zobo,blend or pound d pine apple wit d peel and ginger put in a pot,add water and boil.liv 2 cool filter,add sugar ,jolly juice flavor,pineapple flavor refrigerate and u hav ur zobo drink. I tell u it tastes beta than wine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2015
thank u so much..u deserve a hug
shadowgwalker:
I just don't know the name but they sell it the place they have the other items. you just say you need everything for making zobo, when they bring them out then you select what you need.
I'm in Abuja so it's common here.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 9:04am On Jan 28, 2015
thank you so much
4tunebest:

Kanafuru
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 28, 2015
pinkhill:
thank u so much..u deserve a hug
oh yes!! for sure!you are welcome... you owe me a hug, I won't forget grin
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by foodiciary: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
@pinkhill check link for easy making home-made Zobo drink http://foodiciary.com/2013/02/zobo-drink-is-a-nigerian-beverage-made-from-dried/
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
thank u so much
foodiciary:
@pinkhill check link for easy making home-made Zobo drink http://foodiciary.com/2013/02/zobo-drink-is-a-nigerian-beverage-made-from-dried/
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
Do you blend the ginger? Chop? Peel?
uboma:

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Do you blend the ginger? Chop? Peel?

Nah. I boil the Ginger together with the Zobo leaves.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ok.. Thanks
uboma:

Nah. I boil the Ginger together with the Zobo leaves.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Ok.. Thanks

You are welcome. Don't forget to share some of your Zobo drink with me. Lol
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=mamziii post=30189531] kanafuri in zobo like criously? At op I am frm d north as in typical hausa girl and neva hav I heard of kanafuri in zobo. C how I prep my Zobo, 1small pineapple,a clove of ginger,sugar, a satchet of jolly juice,and pineapple flavor. Wash d zobo,blend or pound d pine apple wit d peel and ginger put in a pot,add water and boil.liv 2 cool filter,add sugar ,jolly juice flavor,pineapple flavor refrigerate and u hav ur zobo drink. I tell u it tastes beta than wine[/quote. Nice one. You can as well combine the pineapple flavour with strawbwrrery and Banana flovour and add to the zobo drink
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
*smiles... I will...
uboma:

You are welcome. Don't forget to share some of your Zobo drink with me. Lol
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2015
@ uboma,@ shadowgwalker @azora @foodiciary: @4tunebest@ crazyinlove@mamziii@ LaRoyalHighness....thank you

I finally made zobo and humans can drink

you all made it happened
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by uboma(m): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2015
pinkhill:
@ uboma,@ shadowgwalker @azora @foodiciary: @4tunebest@ crazyinlove@mamziii@ LaRoyalHighness....thank you

you all made it happened

Good for you. Don't forget to send my glass of zobo via bluetooth.

Cheers
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by pinkhill(f): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2015
the zobo didnt not see daylight....cheers
uboma:

Good for you. Don't forget to send my glass of zobo via bluetooth.

Cheers
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2015
pinkhill:

you all made it happened
grin nice one dear,now I wish I could get some of the drink.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation by MsFaith: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2015
please what is the nutritional value of zobo drink?

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Yoruba Names Of These Herbs? / Boiled Egg With Rice / Picture Of Our Favourite Biscuit Of Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.