Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,503 members, 7,823,174 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

"Bride Price" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Bride Price" (518 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Bride Price" by kinggenesis(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2015
I presume we all know what bride price is. We Africans don't joke with it for whatsoever reason. If a woman must fully be addressed as a man's wife then her bride price must be paid. Even now that we have adopted the western ways of marriage "court wedding" and the likes, a girl's bride price must still be paid..its just an unavoidable prerequisite for marriage. Though I heard some parts in Imo state Nigeria don't pay bride price.. according to a source, they have this age long belief that paying a girl's bride price is like selling their daughter so they skip that part of marriage rites. I really don't know how true this is o.

But my main aim for this update is to point to the fact that recently some girls are now so quick to jump into a man's house who has not even paid a dime on their 'head' all in the name of love. Like seriously you kidding me? I wonder why girls don't use their heads most times. They make it seem as if they are so desperate for marriage though some are desperate sha considering their age and so but that's not enough reason to pack your belongings into a man's house just because he said "I love you and want to marry you" what if he's only saying that to get in between your thighs? And probably dumps you, who will you blame?

The smart guy deceives you with an engagement ring and the next thing you are at his house washing his clothes, cleaning his house and cooking for him. Girls why? And he pulls another trick by visiting your uncle for an imformal introduction, body begin sweet you then you start bathing with him naked for your mind you don become married woman! Ehen? sometimes I dey wonder if some girls dey menstruate their sense too cause the way they behave
eh. Odikwa very stupid.

You have only succeeded in digging your own grave. Very soon he will shock you by bringing his real wife into the house. Then I would have saved up enough money to buy handkerchief which can last you during your crying times. Girls open your eyes men are wicked ooo. Once you portray yourself as being cheap he will only take advantage of you and move ahead. Let him do the right thing if he truly loves you. Let him follow due process, he should meet your parents and family and pay your bride price. Then your parent will bless your marriage which is very important too. Don't
be too forward. I know most girls on my list are between age
15__23 and think this update is not for them, just know one day you too will come of age and ready for marriage.

#BE_WISE
Re: "Bride Price" by thiefnubu(m): 11:28am On Jan 27, 2015
Ok

Since when did the fear of accidents stop men from driving?

Everyone with her own destiny

While some babes will marry a decent and comfortable guy, after being passed around the whole city, some 'decent' babes will end up with up with a Vagabond or an unwanted pregnancy undecided

LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN AND WILL NEVER BE FAIR OR PREDICTABLE cry

1 Like

Re: "Bride Price" by Gooci(m): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2015
kingbedrock abbi genesis abbi wetin yu call yursef.. double undecided for you
Re: "Bride Price" by Agybabe(f): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
Na God go helep us o. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Gullible Nigerians (nairalanders ) / Will You Give Your Family The Anti-christ's "Mark Of The Beast" ? / Your Childhood Was Poor If You Didn’t Do Any Of This – SEE HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.