Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. (1165 Views)

Become A Computer Guru From Your Comfort Zone, We Also Provide Free Courses / I Need Computer Guru's Help Here / Pls Help Computer Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by sholasho(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Please i inserted my USB drive in another system without backing up my data elsewhere.
Guess the system is virus infected. but i scanned it on putting it back to my system.
But i have been having difficulty opening the content in the flash drive.
I would upload picture of the USB showing data on it and when i open it it says Folder is empty.
Please what can be done to it to get all data back.
Thanks in Advance

Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by KINGSNEEZE(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mate! U have limited options here, is obvious u drive is virus infected, u should format it, then there is this software called recuva , when u run it, its self explanatory, it will help u roll back ur lost files but there is every tendency that d virus will still comeback with those files, so if those files is something u can forgo, I suggest u just format nd let it go, alternatively u can ask the person u collected from his system to send it to u through mail there are very slim chance of getting virus that way, cus when he is uploading his internet shield will scan it and d same way when u re downloading ur own web shield also scan it

1 Like

Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by maigida231(m): 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
You can use is software smadav 2014 to recover your lost files,no fear is not something serious bt if u format your hard disk it can't help u to recover anytin bt if u didn't format it will do d magic,anyway all the best.

1 Like

Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by sholasho(m): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
thanks to everyone. i think i will format and try the recuva.
Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 28, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
Mate! U have limited options here, is obvious u drive is virus infected, u should format it, then there is this software called recuva , when u run it, its self explanatory, it will help u roll back ur lost files but there is every tendency that d virus will still comeback with those files, so if those files is something u can forgo, I suggest u just format nd let it go, alternatively u can ask the person u collected from his system to send it to u through mail there are very slim chance of getting virus that way, cus when he is uploading his internet shield will scan it and d same way when u re downloading ur own web shield also scan it
Will you be my boyfriend? (if you're not single of course) smiley
Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by bedfordng(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Probably the virus made the files hidden.so you will need to unhide the files.i have just got something like this fixed recently.i made use of smadav antivirus.to do this, just scan it with smadav antivirus and click the details after scanning, it will show you result.at the top right side, you will see a button called hidden, click on it, there you will see your hidden folders/files.just tick it, then click the unhide all.that should fix it for you.then you can scan it again for infected files.no need to format
Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by hovatek: 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
sholasho:
Please i inserted my USB drive in another system without backing up my data elsewhere.
Guess the system is virus infected. but i scanned it on putting it back to my system.
But i have been having difficulty opening the content in the flash drive.
I would upload picture of the USB showing data on it and when i open it it says Folder is empty.
Please what can be done to it to get all data back.
Thanks in Advance

this video will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpaL2NlXh5A
Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by sholasho(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
@
Thanks alot. That video really helped. I just left the USB drive on my desk all the while.
Thanks Alot once again.
Re: Computer Guru's Please Help Is Needed Here. by hovatek: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
sholasho:
@
Thanks alot. That video really helped. I just left the USB drive on my desk all the while.
Thanks Alot once again.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Clean Hp 6730b Laptop For Sale / Meet The Next Bill Gates of the Future / Fairly Used Advent Toshiba For Sale @ Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.