Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

A Better Day Ahead - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Better Day Ahead (499 Views)

Living Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Better Day Ahead by Nazacent: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
I am still trying to find my rythm in the world of poetry, I have read a lot of poems on NL and am inspired. Here is a piece from me.
By day a whirl wind rises from the North sweeping across the earth,

By night it settles with a cold breeze with a promise of a better day.

By day the birds hovers in the sky making haste to build their nest,

By night they settle in the comfort of their nest with a promise of a better day.

By day the fig tree in the wood prune the withered leaf,

By night a fresh leaf begins to sprout with a promise of a better day.

By day the fox leaps upon the mountains, skipping upon hills chasing shadows,

By night it finds shelter under the dark shadows of the cleft of a rock with a promise of a better day.

By day I feel the strength of the sun scorch brightly above me,

By night I feel the strength of the moon within me with a promise of a better day.

By day the cry of a baby next door brings worries to the mother,

By night the laughter of the baby brings joy to her mother with a promise of a better day.

By day I got over you with a heart filled with hate,

By night I started loving you again with a promise of a better day

(1) (Reply)

TOM (for Me) / DELETED / The Cleansing,a Girl's Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.