Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? (2344 Views)

My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by giffty(f): 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
What do you do when you wife earns much more
than you do ?
Join the discussion here, i would love to hear your
views.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Kennywills7(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nothing but to work harder and earn more than her
grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by GoodFaith: 8:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.
Tell us the reason that you're break and need help?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by giffty(f): 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
GoodFaith:

Tell us the reason that you're break and need help?
SMH,first m a lady,secondly i dnt rili get you
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Hazardd(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
nothing is there.

After all na me get my wife anything she have na my own.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Truckpusher(m): 3:51am On Jan 28, 2015
I will just respect myself sam sam cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 28, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.

If your wife earns more than you do,you simply cry...You bring a bucket and cry her a river cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Ewuro4: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.

Humble himself or Go and Die.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by parismarc: 8:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Nothing i guess, i earn more than my husband, i contribute more to the upkeep of the house, my hubby has not gone mad because i earn more than him, it's not a competition, owning to the nature of his job, i believe he will be one day be richer than me, even if that day doesn't come, no probs, i will keep on doing my best, if i don't use my money for the benefit of my nuclear family, what the hell will i do with it?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by jmoore(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2015
I will borrow money from her without interest.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Adesiji77: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2015
I will simply thank God for his blessings! Are we not supposed to be partners-in-progress? No room for a sense of insecurity here cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nutase: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
luv her more.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by ryom(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
There's nothing extra to do, life just goes on normally.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Vyolet(f): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
Most women today earn more than their husbands and the world has not come to an end.
Love him more and cherish him,do not feel proud or arrogant,he will surely love you more.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by obiak4(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2015
parismarc:
Nothing i guess, i earn more than my husband, i contribute more to the upkeep of the house, my hubby has not gone mad because i earn more than him, it's not a competition, owning to the nature of his job, i believe he will be one day be richer than me, even if that day doesn't come, no probs, i will keep on doing my best, if i don't use my money for the benefit of my nuclear family, what the hell will i do with it?
1000000 cowries for you joor sorry it due to naira devaluation
bless u virtuous woman

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Ewuro4: 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
parismarc:
Nothing i guess, i earn more than my husband, i contribute more to the upkeep of the house, my hubby has not gone mad because i earn more than him, it's not a competition, owning to the nature of his job, i believe he will be one day be richer than me , even if that day doesn't come, no probs, i will keep on doing my best, if i don't use my money for the benefit of my nuclear family, what the hell will i do with it?

Great post

but that bolded bit boggles mind to be honest. Girl parents ( in Nigeria/ our society ) have a lot of work to do about this brainwashing mentality that abound. Must he be richer than you?

What sort of destiny crashing prayer point is that? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by TV01(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.

Thank God, sit back and chill a lil'. Maintain your frame as head of the family.

Money ain't a thang...as you young people say grin!

TV
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
I don't think who earns more should be a matter for discussion cause in the final analysis it only implies more for the family.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by 1miccza: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.

Nuffin as long as she respects me
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by GboyegaD(m): 12:52am On Jan 30, 2015
It is one of those things. There is no cause for alarm.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 30, 2015
What else do you wanna do? undecided
Work hard and make your own money.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
parismarc:

God bless u jare. Dont see nothing wrong with it. So long as u guys both understand and respect each oda and as long as she doesnt turn him to an errand boy.

Naija ppl and our sick mentality sha. Does our constitution make it a crime for d lady to earn more? Why do Nigerians just think d lady must earn less? So Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's and Dezianni's husbands shd go and commit suicide ba? Na wa oh!

Some ppl dont even know d difference btwn a help-meet and a house-help. Dem think say na only to day cook, cleam and wash be help-meet.

Myopia indeed! :@

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Lepetitechic(f): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2015
Nothing! Just be happy for her, celebrate her achievements and encourage her to do more after all if it's good for her, it's good for you too i.e you're both in it together. 1+1=1.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by jaybee3(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2015
Do nothing and be happy for her

Geez is it a competition or aren't they supposed to be working towards the same goal?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
jmoore:
I will borrow money from her without interest.

This is funny grin

@op . . what do you want to do?
Apart from thanking God that He has blessed your family . . or are you not one?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Naavah(f): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Its no big deal, so far he isn't lazy.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by tpiah01: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
wife earning more than you- should not be a big problem

girlfriend earning more than you- could be a big problem.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
giffty:
than you do ?
views.
I'd be happy. Our 50/50 plan is looking like it'll go smoothly without complaints smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by EzeeYFB(m): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2015
Vyolet:
Most women today earn more than their husbands and the world has not come to an end.
Love him more and cherish him,do not feel proud or arrogant,he will surely love you more.
no room for insecurity here,we r partners remember,nt gonna lay back n b lazy abt it...love my woman to pieces .
Re: What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
Work hard and just do your best.

It shouldn't be a competition.

Ewuro4:

Great post

but that bolded bit boggles mind to be honest. Girl parents ( in Nigeria/ our society ) have a lot of work to do about this brainwashing mentality that abound. Must he be richer than you?

What sort of destiny crashing prayer point is that? undecided
+1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marriage & Church Denominations / Just Before You Call It Quits... / Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.