Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,010 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

New Defensive Tactic In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Defensive Tactic In Football (720 Views)

Mourinho: Chelsea Win Because They Are A Defensive Team / Why Is An Amazing Goal In Football Called A Hat Trick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Defensive Tactic In Football by abelee(m): 3:31am On Jan 28, 2015
We can’t decide if this is so bonkers it’ll never catch on or
just really clever, but the B team of French side Nice have a
pretty different way of defending against free-kicks.

Instead of the simple wall-in-front-of-the-goalkeeper idea
that we’re all familiar with, they put a wall of players on the goal line… then had their goalkeeper out of the net.

Nice B showed off their new defensive formation against
Grenoble this week – and it worked, as the free-kick was
easily headed off the line.

Is this a new defensive tactic or what?

Source: metro.co.uk/2015/01/27/nice-defend-free-kick-with-players-on-the-line-and-without-goalkeeper-between-the-sticks-5037436/

1 Share

Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by otipoju(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2015
Thinking outside the box
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by easyelliot(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2015
I love it, op what's the coaches name. I love guys who think out of the box.
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by abelee(m): 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
Dunno the coach's name. Its hard to know the coach of Nice's A team not to talk of their B team. Who dey follow French football sef :PDunno the coach's name. Its hard to know the coach of Nice's A team not to talk of their B team. Who dey follow French football sef
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by EduTECHNigeria(m): 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
abelee:
Dunno the coach's name. Its hard to know the coach of Nice's A team not to talk of their B team. Who dey follow French football sef :PDunno the coach's name. Its hard to know the coach of Nice's A team not to talk of their B team. Who dey follow French football sef

I think the team plays in the French National League which is an equivalent to League 2 in England
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
those defenders never taste roberto carlos shot before sha grin grin grin
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by abelee(m): 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
those defenders never taste roberto carlos shot before sha grin grin grin

The great Roberto Carlos with all his banana shots. Great guy. Madrid certainly misses him at left back
Re: New Defensive Tactic In Football by EduTECHNigeria(m): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
I guess CR7 could take this defensive formation to the cleaners with a powerful freekick

Just my thots though grin shocked cool grin

(1) (Reply)

Bet Without Money If You Win You Get Bitcoincent / Wwe Wrestlemania 31 (wrestling) / Messi Expecting Second Child: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.