Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me (2058 Views)

Dangote Cement Now N2,500 Up From N1,500 Last Friday. Which Way Nigeria? / Cement Now Over 2k / Dangote Cement Now 1,550 Naira! Free Delivery! Payment On Delivery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by greenlilly(m): 5:36am On Jan 28, 2015
Good day house. it is high time I give account of how SALIU GARBA with the post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1Kg per Bag swindled me. When I saw the post I was enticed by his claim of being a distributor for dangote and selling at a cheap price of 1k. I made intention know to him and he asked me to call him. We spoke and he sent me his account now asking me to pay a commitment fee of 45k to balance him after supply. I was reluctant at first but after a second thought I gave him and transferred the money to him via GTBank online banking on the 12th of Jan 2015. I asked him to supply me 300 bags of cement. He sweet talk me into believing that he was a major distributor with Dangote cement. He was to deliver the cement on the 16th of Jan 2015. By evening of 15th jan 2015 I got a text message from Dangote Nigeria Ltd which read thus; "YOUR ORDER OF 42.5 GRADE CEMENT WITH REF NO 0214413579ED IS READY FOR DELIVERY. SCHEDULED TO BE DELIVERED ON FRIDAY, 16 JAN 2015. PLS KINDLY REMIT THE SUM OF N100,000 FROM THE AMOPUNT OF N345,000 TO OUR MAJOR DISTRIBUTOR, MR SALIU GARBA TO SECURE YOUR ORDER". I suspected a foul play but barely 2mins when I received the text he called me begging me to make up the money so that the supply can be hitch free. After much argument as if I was jazzed I transferred the money to him again making a total of 145k that I sent to him. He sent a text msg back to me to acknowledge the receipt of the payment. On the 16th of Jan 2015 at about 0930hrs I made I call across to him but found out that his line has been switched off. I tried severally to get across to him but to no avail. By 1400hrs that same day it dawn on me that I have been swindled. I have made a big fool out of myself. I have paid for school fees on the street of life. I became confused and mad with myself. For one week I wasn't myself I had to sell some of my belongings to make up the money to get the project I was handle for a client going. This is my story. Way forward I am appealing to NL who can help me get info about this guys if not for anything but to expose him a put a stop to his action. Please if you work in UBA or you have a friend that works in UBA pls let us know more about this guy through his account number. How he looks and where he stays. Have been to the police station to lodge my complain but I was asked to bring 50k. Salt upon injury. Attached his the receipts of payment into his account. Please if you have any information to give kindly send it discreetly to my email account countryscheme@yahoo.com or countryscheme@hotmail.com. I have come out of this travail a better person. Thank you in advance as you contribute to the revelation of this criminal called SALIU GARBA. Thank you once again.

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Viktoh(m): 6:08am On Jan 28, 2015
Choi
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Bros follow your money asap. go to GTB and explain show them the evidence am sure your money can be paid back if he has not withdraw the money. follow your money so far its bank. scammers are too much on NL. lots of them will post fake business on NL, some of them will tell you they can give out loan if u check when other register on NL may be last week. they are here to scam people. I pray thunder will fire saliu or what's so ever he call his name. this will surely be his last year on land.

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by greenlilly(m): 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
@WILSONDAVE THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN. HE HAS WITHDRAWN THE MONEY
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Dominionng(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2015
Geez....
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by drkay(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2015
Sorry for your loss sir. U shouldn't have gone for such ridiculous offer. 1k per bad @ a time most major distributors sell for abt 1.7k? I was tempted too when I saw his scam tread because I needed abt 150bags and when I calculated the margin, I was 70% sure it was going to be a scam. When I contacted a dealer who eventually sold it for me at a much higher price, he bet his balls that cement @ even 1.5k per bag in this period must be a scam.
God will replenish ur loss in manifold. 145k doesn't guarantee his success, he'll be caught insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2015
If you are in Lagos, I can link you to Federal SARS operatives that would help you approach the bank and trace the guy.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nutase: 10:07am On Jan 28, 2015
You are a greedy fellow @op. I remember warning people on one of the threads that it was a lie. In my post i warned that even the factory price at that time was about 1200 a bag. If you are into construction u will know that cement price never went below 1,400. With the internet at your fingertip what would it have cost u to google the factory price of dangote cement?
The secret to beating 419ers is to ignore offers that are to good to be true.
Anyway, I blame dangote for deceiving Nigerians that he reduced the price when he never did.

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nutase:
You are a greedy fellow @op. I remember warning people on one of the threads that it was a lie. In my post i warned that even the factory price at that time was about 1200 a bag. If you are into construction u will know that cement price never went below 1,400. With the internet at your fingertip what would it have cost u to google the factory price of dangote cement?
The secret to beating 419ers is to ignore offers that are to good to be true.
Anyway, I blame dangote for deceiving Nigerians that he reduced the price when he never did.

You've blamed everybody except the thief.

This fleecing of the OP shows that the average Nigerian is worse than the looting government.

2 Likes

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by FastShipping: 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
I have always known the guy is a scammer. 1,000 Naira for a bag of cement is a red flag. I bought 11 bags of Elephant Cement last week for 1,950 each. SalisuGarba is not even Hausa guy. He's using the Hausa name to deceive people.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by greenlilly(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
@ okoye mike I stay in Lagos. Can you help send ur fone number to my email address so that will can talk
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nutase: 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
CityNG:

You've blamed everybody except the thief.

This fleecing of the OP shows that the average Nigerian is worse than the looting government.
The thief has already been judged and hence does not need any further judgement from me since we all agree he is a thief. I will never condone any negative vice. My greivance is with the society we find ourselves in. If our leaders were honest, a business man will not make a proclamation misleading a nation of close to 200 million people and do the opposite. Secondly, greed has eaten so much into our society that we all want to get rich without working hard. I belive in MIRACLES not MAGIC.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by mufutau55(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Greenlilly, keep us posted on the outcome of this... I am sending you an email now, please respond. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by greenlilly(m): 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
mufutau55 has responded to your email thanks
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by greenlilly(m): 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
@mufutau55 I have responded to your email. Thank you for your concern I am very grateful.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by FastShipping: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2015
SalisuGarba has opened another username trying to scam unsuspecting nairalander.

Check this link: https://www.nairaland.com/alhajidangote85/posts

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by mufutau55(m): 4:27am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:
SalisuGarba has opened another username trying to scam unsuspecting nairalander.
Check this link: https://www.nairaland.com/alhajidangote85/posts

Thank you FastShipping... He has been taken-care-of almost for ever. Please report any other names he uses as you come across it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you FastShipping... He has been taken-care-of almost for ever. Please report any other names he uses as you come across it.

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajj.

I would like us all to work together to not allow some of what happens in the Auto section to come over here.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by WalexProp(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2015
Sorry for your loss. It sure teaches everyone a lesson. Cheap can be costly. Never pay to anny individual you have not met physically, located an office wher he works and people know him. Never be in a hurry to make transaction and never be descreet with someone u dont know. If you suspect foul play write to the bank you made the transfer and the culprit would be nabbed.

However, you will need to be patient.
Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by spyder880(m): 7:44am On Feb 03, 2015
So many crooks on the loose, they are everywhere, even in building construction. Some will ask for ridiculously low amount to build for you. Wait till you give them the money and, bye bye. We need to be very careful here. When a story is too good to be true, it probably is.

Moral of the story? Always pay the full price!

2 Likes

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by mufutau55(m): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
CityNG:

Thank you Hajj.
I would like us all to work together to not allow some of what happens in the Auto section to come over here.

You are right sir.. sometimes the Moderators don't catch everything.. so working together is the real word. Thanks.

On another note:I tried calling that guy but he does not answer my call anymore... is everything finished and well done?

hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me by twinskenny(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
spyder880:
So many crooks on the loose, they are everywhere, even in building construction. Some will ask for ridiculously low amount to build for you. Wait till you give them the money and, bye bye. We need to be very careful here. When a story is too good to be true, it probably is.

Moral of the story? Always pay the full price!

serious.. the OP should have make finding before making payment. 1k for a bag of cement??

(1) (Reply)

Fully Furnished House For Sale @ Shonibare Estate, Maryland..08023295044 / Check 5 Plots Between Magodo And Otedola Estate With Cofo / Opportunity To Own An Investment With Huge Returns Is Just A Dial Away.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.