Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Reimagining Nairaland's Interface - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Reimagining Nairaland's Interface (2109 Views)

Need User Interface Developer / User Interface Design For The Beginning Web Programmmer / User Interface Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Inspired by this thread , I decided to try my hands out at redesigning Nairaland's Desktop interface. It isn't news that some of us don' like the way nairaland looks on desktop (I'm cool with the mobile version) and here's what I came up with.

A few things to note

** I didn't put much effort into this, just had fun with it.

** This was just an experiment and a way to show that Nairaland's desktop interface can be better.

I've attached screen shots

1 Like

Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2015

Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2015

Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2015

Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by SeverusSnape(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2015
Wow!...Incredible, Where is seun?... come and see
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Wow!...Incredible, Where is seun?... come and see
I doubt Seun will be impressed, the dude doesn't impress easily but I do hope that nairaland's team gets some ideas if they ever want to update nairaland's user interface
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by SeverusSnape(m): 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
blueyedgeek:
I doubt Seun will be impressed, the dude doesn't impress easily but I do hope that nairaland's team gets some ideas if they ever want to update nairaland's user interface
Hmmmmmm...
Yeah...They have to update.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 29, 2015
Kudos Man!
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by trytillmake(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
KUDOS I really think Seun should update this interface ah ah, it looks too boring on the desktop although ok on phone abeg Seun na 2015 we dey, u have enough designers get on with it.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by bb6xt(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Before you start redesigning NL pls first change the page numbering, and maybe use slugs only in the topic urls. Most every programming languages out there use zero-based indexes and as programmers we are cool with that but it sometimes feels odd to see a page 0 on NL. grin grin grin

PS:
If it ain't broken don't fix it
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by blueyedgeek(m): 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
trytillmake:
KUDOS I really think Seun should update this interface ah ah, it looks too boring on the desktop although ok on phone abeg Seun na 2015 we dey, u have enough designers get on with it.
I doubt it'll be getting any change soon. Thanks for the compliment.

bb6xt:
Before you start redesigning NL pls first change the page numbering, and maybe use slugs only in the topic urls. Most every programming languages out there use zero-based indexes and as programmers we are cool with that but it sometimes feels odd to see a page 0 on NL. grin grin grin
PS:
Oh well........ I did say, I was having fun with it.

MisterNobody:
Kudos Man!

Thanks bro.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
bb6xt:

PS:

i knw he didnt start d page with zero for fun. I feel dat dia was a bug he encountered nd starting the page from zero will fix it.

Think like a programmer.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Celebrimbor(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
The interface needs a major overhaul
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nmeri17: 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
blueyedgeek:
Egbon howdy? Yesterday I was looking for the online version of this your "re-imagination" but wasn't so lucky. Then I remembered you shared one project folder with me on drive a long time ago and went through its contents so I could search it on Google with the keywords in it. What I found was this crazy stuff. This sh1t killed me tbh. grin grin grin grin E remain small make I pass out. How/where did you get it
cc francisTony jackbizzle Reyginus
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by kachnov(m): 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nmeri17:
Egbon howdy? Yesterday I was looking for the online version of this your "re-imagination" but wasn't so lucky. Then I remembered you shared one project folder with me on drive a long time ago and went through its contents so I could search it on Google with the keywords in it. What I found was this crazy stuff. This sh1t killed me tbh. grin grin grin grin E remain small make I pass out. How/where did you get it

grin grin

Annonyland
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nmeri17:
Guy, please, I don't understand this Anonyland. Explain.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nmeri17: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Reyginus:
Guy, please, I don't understand this Anonyland. Explain.
LOL. I saw your name in one of the topics there. You should know which one of your friends did/can do suchs. wink
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nmeri17:
LOL. I saw your name in one of the topics there. You should know which one of your friends did/can do suchs. wink
Lol. I don't really know who. FrancisTony gave me an injury and I required prayers. Lol.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
I am lost.
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
FrancisTony:
I am lost.
And indeed you should. . . .
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Nmeri17: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
kachnov:

grin grin
Annonyland
Are you the one behind it?? cheesy
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by Karleb(m): 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Mehn! I just love your color sense!
Re: Reimagining Nairaland's Interface by kachnov(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nmeri17:
Are you the one behind it?? cheesy
No o,I just opened the link and saw some funny stuffs there.

(1) (Reply)

Programmers Pick Up Lines... I Love All / Best ICT School In Nigeria / Learn Web Design In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.