Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,093 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Luiz Figo Declared For FIFA Presidency - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luiz Figo Declared For FIFA Presidency (415 Views)

CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat / Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luiz Figo Declared For FIFA Presidency by Murphylink(m): 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Former Portugal star Figo is one of a number of candidates to have recently declared their interest in the role, which will be decided by a vote of the 209 Member FAs at the FIFA Congress on May 29.

Figo told CNN: "I care about football, so what I'm seeing regarding the image of FIFA -- not only now but in the past years -- I don't like it.

"If you search FIFA on the internet, you see the first word that comes out: 'scandal.' Not positive words. It's that we have to change first and try to improve the image of FIFA. Football deserves much better than this.

"I've been talking with so many important people in football -- players, managers, president of federations -- and they all think that something has to be done.

"Last year was the World Cup, I was in Brazil and I saw the reaction of all the fans regarding the image of FIFA and I think something has to be changed.

"Change in leadership, governance, transparency and solidarity, so I think it's the moment for that."

Luis Figo is the latest high-profile candidate to announce his interest in the role.
Blatter, who is seeking a fifth term, remains the firm favourite for the role but now faces competition from former FIFA executive Jerome Champagne, Jordanian FA president Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein, Dutch FA chairman Michael van Praag, former France international David Ginola and Figo.

Former Chile FA chief Harold Mayne-Nicholls, who had previously worked as a FIFA official, has also said he could enter the runni

Re: Luiz Figo Declared For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
congrats to him......... I guess

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Watch Afcon — Yobo / Today (22-02-2015) All Match Fixture / Chelsea Power House Nemanja Matic Three-match Ban Reduced To Two Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.