Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Help With Bootstrap Modal-body - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Bootstrap Modal-body (949 Views)

Building Wordpress Themes With Bootstrap – Tutsplus / How Do I Change The Color Of A Grid In Bootstrap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by abdul01(m): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello devs, how's ur wk going, has anyone here had issues while working with bootstrap's modal?
The issue I have in particular is working with jquery in the .modal-body, e.g I have an element div#my_div inside d modal body, when I do something like this inside my external js file, it doesn't respond(I.e to d event): $('div#my_div').click(function(){
alert()
})

But it works if d event was attached to an element in d .modal-header or .modal-footer
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by Pffft: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Give your modal div an id, now on the element you want to use outside the modal div, use an anchor tag and set the href to the id of your modal div. Then on the element also add this attr data-toggle="modal". Also make sure you bring in the bootstrap.js file

1 Like

Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by abdul01(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
Tnx 4 ur contrib. I guess u didn't get my Q. I can actually access (launch n dismiss) d modal. My question/issue is abt listening to events on elements inside d .modal-body, e.g let's say we have .modal-body>div>span#text, n we have a JQ event listening inside an external JS file like:
$('span#text').click(function(){
alert()
})

I expect it to show an alert box onclick of d span#text, just like it'll show if I did d ffg inside d .modal-body
<span id='text' onclick='alert()'>hi </span>

Note: d BS modal is divided into 3 parts each with its own class: modal-header, modal-body and modal-footer
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Trollin'
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by Pffft: 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
I strongly believe your script is running before your page is ready. Take the script tag to the bottom of the page and not at the top. If this doesn't work try and share your markup and script let's see
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by abdul01(m): 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
My script's already at d bottom of d page sir.
Note that what I'm trying to achieve works in d .modal-header and .modal-footer
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by Pffft: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
abdul01:
My script's already at d bottom of d page sir.
Note that what I'm trying to achieve works in d .modal-header and .modal-footer
I have recreated the experiment here and it works. So unless you can share your script and markup i cant know much. Besides have you tried debugging with the developer tools of your browser?
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by abdul01(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
Yer I did with devtools,
I'v posted a prototype of my script already, can u pls post urs so I can compare it with mine. Tnx a lot
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by solomon201(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by Pffft: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
<div class="modal " tabindex="-1">
<div class="modal-dialog">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button id="abdul" data-dismiss="modal">CLICK ME</button>
</div>
<div class="modal-body">

</div>
<div class="modal-footer">

</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>

$(function() {

$("#abdul" ).on("click",function () {
alert('CLICKED ME');
});
});
Re: Help With Bootstrap Modal-body by abdul01(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2015
Tnx. But this isn't what I'm looking for.

Well I'v gotten a hack around d issue. The content of d modal is actually loaded ajaxically(sorry, I didn't state this b4), I.e it's not part of d page from scratch, that's why it's not being caught by d JQ event listener.
What I did was to place d event listener as a callback of d ajax function $.ajax().done()
So d event listener only listens after d content has been loaded.

Another way to have done this(I guess) is to extend d time frame for $(document).ready() by using d $.holdReady() function. Although I didn't break-through with this 2nd method, but I guess it should work. You can read more abt it on api.jquery.com

Tnx to my oga pffft et al.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Phytonista / I Need A Network Platform That Requires Subscription... / Do You Have Native Android Or iOS Project Source Code You Want To Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.