Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Chronicles Of Chikwado - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chronicles Of Chikwado (708 Views)

Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / The Chronicles Of Corper Sam, the Ijebu corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles Of Chikwado by Eureka123(f): 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
CHRONICLES OF CHIKWADO

The news about Chikwado's nefarious activities had hit the village like a pill of thunder. Different versions of the story seemed to have erupted everywhere. In Umuchi, such cases weren't strange.

Beseeching the gallantly flavoured version he had heard, Umunakwe was hung in the balance. The young strata of the village held unto an account very different from that of the older groups. Acts, like the one committed by Chikwado, wasn't the first of its kind in the community, but why was this one creating so much school of thoughts??

Shaking his head, the saying that "one man's meat is another man's poison" raced into the mind of the devastated Umunakwe. "Why won't people gossip and tear themselves up?

Umunakwe's son has faulted, certainly the music has suddenly changed. People would do a host of other serious crimes and get away with it, but... well, it is well. I must head home now ," he said to himself.

Tongues wagered on in the community for weeks. Every nook and cranny of the community had turned into a predator's zone for Umunakwe and his family. Fate was what brought Umunakwe to Umuchi years ago.

The stigmatization that bordered their stay was enough to kill any brave heart, hence another saying that no matter how critically well the anus was washed, the foul smell was still ever present. Just at the time he thought he was half-way towards getting the "smell" off his family, Chikwado had turned all attention back to them.

"Chikwado", came Umunakwe's voice, shrilled by anxiety. "I'm certain you know that your buttocks, like that of the proverbial hen, is wide open at the sudden gush of the wind in the community?" Chikwado, whose face bore patches and lumps from the autonomous "hell-is-better" beating graciously given by an angry mob, stood very unsettled and uncomfortable.

His appearance reminded one of the Praying Mantis. Having eyes that looked like they didn't belong to the head and an extremely large head, his scrunched up nose did worse to make a positive description of him possible.

"Will you not answer my question?" Umunakwe asked, trying hard not to make an outburst. Chikwado shifted from one foot to the other.

"Papa...", it was his mouth this time. The elevated nature at which he poised it would give even the greatest surveyor an ultimate puzzle to determine its angular accuracy.

"You had better clear up this foul air before the gods of our land strike you to permanent dumbness!" It was clear to Umunakwe that keeping composure wouldn't take them anywhere. If it took him yelling like an enraged mad man to get some details out of his son, he would do it.

"Did you steal from the Ikonu shrine or not!!??", Umunakwe barked furiously.

"Papa, i was only helping the chief priest. You know how much I have aspired to become one of the greatest dibias our land has ever had or known", Chikwado blurted.

Umunakwe stared into the heavens. With a curved mouth, twisted in fury, he was losing his patience.

"Last week, Chikwado, you wanted to become a poultry farmer when i caught you with some eggs, owned neither by you nor I. Now, it is dibia you want to become, okwia?"

Chikwado's head seemed to have grown larger than normal, with a more puffier cheek as he listened to his father's accusation.

Thinking very hard for a counter measure with which to get out of his father's grip and sensing Umunakwe's clenched fist, he blinked a few times. "Papa, you also ate that egg..."
"Will you shut that dirty hole you call a mouth!!?", Umunakwe exclaimed, looking over his shoulders in case someone had mistakenly eavesdropped.

"Papa, you even asked for a second and third round of..."
"I said shut that mouth up!!!!'', Umunakwe's eyes was all bulgy now. One could not help but notice the striking resemblance between father and son. "One more word from you and I'll show you what hot water does to the tortoise! Why have you decided not to let me have a moment's rest?! The day another ear hears of this, that very day, you will lose that village square-sized head of yours, anumpama."

Chikwado grinned from ear to ear. It was no doubt true that he was indeed his father's son.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Chikwado by armadeo(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Spreads mat.

This Na bad pikin Tory.

Carry go....

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Chikwado by dstnd: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
hey oya continue your work oo

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Chikwado by stuff46(m): 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dyoungstar:
It's my honour to reckon with every writer and reader here

What has been happening to the writers in this forum is no longer acceptable in this age and time.

One does not wash his hands clean only to crack nuts for the chicken.

A dog cannot after eating shit and the sheep's teeth get stained.

He that goes about setting the world ablaze, will always come for more matches.

It is so sad that Seun and his league of extra ordinary MODs whom 90% of them are sadist especially to literature section and writers does not have any reasonable solution to proffer to our plight in the group. This kept me wondering if Seun actually created this site himself or he hired someone who does not know the nitty gritty of programming to design this site, much to my chagrin this site was design using joomla or a template design that cannot allow for further modification, hence Seun should have known that he can create a code in the literature section that'll disable copying of text in the group.

To make matters worse, Seun came up with a disclaimer that our posts are solely our responsibility to carter for. Whoever gave him that advise is wicked Because that statement has placed him in the shoes of sadist also.

I know that after reading this post either Seun or his worshippers called MODs will trash it and ban me for 1 year, this is not the first time of them doing it, so am prepared for the worst, all the same, our voices must be heard.

My fellow literature lovers, I implore you all to stop writing on NL for now until the management has digged out a lasting solution, then if you have a story running on NL be it literature, sexuality, diaries or any section; Because our adversary the plagiarist are looming around looking for stories to steal, and they are not willing to stop anytime soon.

So many people's works have been stolen by literature thieves from different countries.

I remember a Ghanaian stealing AudreyTims Unfulfilled Promises etc.

Therefore I suggest that everyone pauses his/her stories until there are tangible reasons to continue, moreover, we are not paid like the MODs to write, yet we are the ones suffering.

In a nut shell, let's abandon all stories till further notice even if it takes 2 years; meanwhile as a writer be writing and storing them in your books or system, you can even make money by publishing them into an ebook (contact me if you need assistance on the ebook thing, I'll definitely help). Lastly, pull down half of your story from NL and let's see how they'll steal them.

Thanks for your candid response.

Signed:
#LET'S FIGHT PLAGIARISM GROUP ON WHATSAPP

#SayNoToPlagiarism.

MODs am waiting for your ban.

Note: Seun and his MODs can't do anything more than what they are doing but they can help disable copy and paste and stop banning people for saying their minds.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Chikwado by Eureka123(f): 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
I keep getting banned whenever I try to update the thread

(1) (Reply)

Not Alone- A Short Story.. / Moyo's Misery (short Story) / True Meaning Of Boxing Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.