Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 (5865 Views)

GIONEE A1 Starts Pre-order from 24th to 28th April in all nigeria stores / Check Out The Latest GLO DATA PLANS For January 2015 / SCAM ALERT!!! A new method of Scamming discovered: THE HITMAN SCAM –A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dicksonxtreme(m): 12:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Lol.. So na this cloned phones girls for Uniport de use de form Iphone 6 ... Because the 1 see get playstore and SIRI doesn't work at allllll.
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by networkgenuis: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2015
dazekid:
Guys @Francheezy, Abduletudaye, networkgenuis, tzoracle, obrizzy, Kreamie, tchidi, chidekings ,nani667 so none of you guys noticed FM radio and file manager in that pic

Lol.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Juliano47(m): 12:31am On Jan 29, 2015
Dazekid....go back to the ad on jiji bruh and hit the REPORT button. Sorry bout your experience...never knew peeps gonna be selling clones on jiji. angry sad something.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by jworos(m): 6:52am On Jan 29, 2015
LolzZz, menh dose bezels sha, dem fat...
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2015
Juliano47:
Dazekid....go back to the ad on jiji bruh and hit the REPORT button. Sorry bout your experience...never knew peeps gonna be selling clones on jiji. angry sad something.

Yeah I reported the ad already, on a closer look, seems every ad for an iPhone 5s is for a clone so brothers abeg beware. The guys should come employ me for their cyber crime/phone scam operations, they'd be so much more legit grin grin grin
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2015
dicksonxtreme:
Lol.. So na this cloned phones girls for Uniport de use de form Iphone 6 ... Because the 1 see get playstore and SIRI doesn't work at allllll.

Bro, this streets ain't smiling o you have to know to understand.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Krak(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2015
dazekid:

Bro, this streets ain't smiling o you have to know to understand.

No be small thing.
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Project400: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
dazekid:
Guys @Francheezy, Abduletudaye, networkgenuis, tzoracle, obrizzy, Kreamie, tchidi, chidekings ,nani667 so none of you guys noticed FM radio and file manager in that pic

So this is just to put out a "buyer beware" I just found a thread here on nairaland for an iPhone 5s @60k, the phone is a clone. If anyone comes across any such thread, please make sure to let everyone know as you all have the knowledge of what the clones look like.

Thread http://www.nairaland.com/2120919/iphone5s-sell

Another from the same op
https://www.nairaland.com/2120947/iphone-5s-32gb

Let's save people from falling for this scams and losing their hard earned money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by eniolaamoda: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
But honestly dazekid u bleeped up
I hv fell for clone b4,I returned it,I sent my brother to pick d fone up nd he was sold a refoblished fone.

Now back to where I said u bleeped up.
Before buying if u asked d guy if it clone or not and he tells u it not clone,and u guys meet up and it a clone he is still willing to sell,if I was d one I wud mk sure I scream thief let ppl beat him,I wud cease his real fone,his wallet everytin,cus he was trying to dupe u so why spare him,d@ is wat I do to dem,I shout thief and ppl beat dem up and I collect their money n everytin dey hv on dem.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
eniolaamoda:
But honestly dazekid u bleeped up
I hv fell for clone b4,I returned it,I sent my brother to pick d fone up nd he was sold a refoblished fone.

Now back to where I said u bleeped up.
Before buying if u asked d guy if it clone or not and he tells u it not clone,and u guys meet up and it a clone he is still willing to sell,if I was d one I wud mk sure I scream thief let ppl beat him,I wud cease his real fone,his wallet everytin,cus he was trying to dupe u so why spare him,d@ is wat I do to dem,I shout thief and ppl beat dem up and I collect their money n everytin dey hv on dem.

LOL, oga I don't know how to do those types of things o. To be honest I was more amused than anything else sef.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
These are d type of people dat make buyers ask ne if my 5s of 75k is brandnew because olx is selling used for 40k. They are really spoiling market and should be disgraced. Some people buy it and use like a month b4 meeting someone who knows about d fone. They will even b arguing with u dat its original
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by BuhBye: 7:10am On Feb 01, 2015
dazekid:

I bought an LG G2 from a nairalander about a week ago(week agosmiley )
I see what you did there.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by BuhBye: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2015
eniolaamoda: I wud mk sure I scream thief let ppl beat him,I wud cease his real fone,his wallet everytin,cus he was trying to dupe u so why spare him,d@ is wat I do to dem,I shout thief and ppl beat dem up and I collect their money n everytin dey hv on dem.
That wouldn't make you any different from the seller.

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by idu1(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2015
dicksonxtreme:
lol
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by idu1(m): 8:21am On Feb 01, 2015
Guy u for arrest him na.....
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by eniolaamoda: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Lol bro when u r duped u wud understand.
BuhBye:

That wouldn't make you any different from the seller.
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
BuhBye:

I see what you did there.

Lmao bruh, you actually caught it... Thumbs up to you.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
idu1:
Guy u for arrest him na.....

And how do you suppose I do that? The thing is after this experience, I have been checking the iPhones on OLX and jiji and they are mostly cloned save for the ones that put up generic images from the Internet and a very minute number of legit ones.
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by dazekid(m): 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
I have also come to notice that in the new ads for these cloned iPhones that are coming up, the sellers are actually learning. I am even inclined to think they might have access to this thread and some others on nairaland because now, they either turn the phones to the back, open up an app such as photos and have pictures on the screen, a game or something similar. There was even a comment by sinebaba(not entirely sure it was him) where he said the phone was a clone because the lettering on the calendar app was too bold, now they remove the calendar app from the home screen as well.
The people who do this are smart, they know the phones are clones and are still trying to sell them at relatively high prices, what makes it worse is that they quite conveniently fail to mention this fact so I would like to see some of them get some justice (won't we all) but it isn't as easy as that.
If some people are up to it, we can try to play these games but I guess most people are more busy than that. embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
Na wa oo
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 02, 2015
Hello folks, please I have an iPhone to sell, just one, it's still fresh, it's the one I'm using, I'm in need of money for my project at school that's why I want to sell it, it's not faulty,call or Whatsapp, +2349020999460, +22962039689 will be in lagos tomorrow only interested people

Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by iamMrAnDre(m): 5:24am On Feb 16, 2015
Usediphones:
Hello folks, please I have an iPhone to sell, just one, it's still fresh, it's the one I'm using, I'm in need of money for my project at school that's why I want to sell it, it's not faulty,call or Whatsapp, +2349020999460, +22962039689 will be in lagos tomorrow only interested people

LMFAOOOO! Niggas got no chillll! How can you make sales here? And like this?
Re: SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 by Arsheda(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2016
Jiji is very unprofessional of you to accuse me of doing fradulent business without first doing a verification. Your platform sucks! You had a staff call me posing like a potential client with this number 08166076509 for an ad i posted. Next thing I see is that my ads were banned. I tried to find out if Jiji has reasons for this but to my amazement, your claim was that I was doing illegal activity. Coming from you that contacted a user of your platform in a very crude and unprofessinal manner. wow!? I was also asked for Photo ID, why on earth would I provide such information to immatured JIJI, when it wasn't a requirement when I posted my ads initially. Other platforms have boosted my sales, they have taken time out to use their reps to do verification of products to certify their authenticity and location but what Jiji does is act like immature wailers and place a dummy call to a honest user. I am very disappointed and I will expose you further. You dont have an active customer care line and you aren't doing business in the proper way, that is why scammers flood your platforms. You also forget that sellers can be scammed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get My Nokia C3 To Download Apps? / Free 1GB From Mtn / The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.