Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Is Their Anything Special About First Class? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Their Anything Special About First Class? (2520 Views)

What's So Special About UNILAG? / How To Graduate First Class From Any University / Interview Of A 21 Year Old Covenant University First Class Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2015
mrking3:
Believe me Nairalanders! This statement of not wanting to make a first class by OP is the weirdest thing I've heard all my life! Its either he's not in school or he must be a dull brain that has been sorting himself out and probably getting scared to defend his result with a high grade. He has over sorted his lecturers above what he bargained for! But then, dude is so dumb to have brought this issue to Nairaland. He knows what to do to lower his Grade! Skip 3 (3 unit) courses! That would do! And delibrately fail yourself. So its that too much for him to do? If at all he's even genuine or one of those wanna be first class!! This guy is not even a 2.1 material as he claims.
Your email please i can't upload my result here, if you think polishing one's grammar is sign of intelligence, your brain need total overhaul.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by sholay2011(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

Your email please i can't upload my result here, if you think polishing one's grammar is sign of intelligence, your brain need total overhaul.
Bro, don't mind them. There is nothing special about First Class. Your 4.47 is a rare feat on its own.

And when employers want to lump you with people that graduated with 3.5's in the same Second Class Upper category, explain to them that your case is special, that you had the chance to make it but threw it away 'cos its relevance wasn't clear to you...and it looks like achieving 'too much'.

Silly OP.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Ksslib(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
The Op's grade suggests he has been putting effort into making sure he attains such cgpa, cos if he truly sees nothing special in first class, he wouldn't have had such in the first place.

I mean, its easy to not get first class if you want to nah. Just write rubbish in your exams and watch the points drop. Simple.

My point is, I find it strange that someone who kept studying till 400lvl to maintain a point will wake up one day and create a senseless thread that rubbishes his 4yr effort.

Abegi,the Guy is not a first class student jare. Even if he is, he attainted such feat by questionable means and he is afraid to defend the result.

Hiss. Yeye dey smell
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by bodeoni: 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
Quite intresting, I like the fact that you are not one of those who base their worth on the grade of their degree. A 4.47 in final year... First thing I would ask you is if you have a plan for your life cos that excuse about not being tied down by first class doesn't hold water at all. I would advise that you get the first class at least to see the joy on the face of your parents on the day of your graduation.

Like I said earlier, u need to have a plan. A first class doesn't really do so much in the Nigeria of today due to a serious decline in the quality of our educational system over the years. I must confess that a first class degree gets you some attention and may even open some doors but it won't get you through those door. Add value to yourself beyond the first class.

Wish you the very best
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by hussein1586: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=30pt]Android users
install my latest app from Play Store
Tech Trends Naija
Free news updates around the clock.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tech.trends.naija[/size]
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:
I am in my final year now with cgpa of 4.47, but with all honesty i don't want to graduate with first class. All i need is just second class upper and i am comfortable with it. I think first class is over hype. And i have every opportunity to graduate with first class.

*yimu* you can't defend it that's why you'd prefer a 2nd class upper to a first class. Getting a first class puts you on the spot and you might not be able to retain a consistent performance. That's why you want a lower grade that you can easily defend. First class is a big deal!

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Foreign Universities That Offer Scholarships TO Nigerians / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission List / Breakdown Of UNILAG Masters School Fees 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.