Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,577 members, 7,847,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving (1491 Views)

N2499 ONLY! HD VISION NIGHT DRIVING GLASSES / Subaru Tribeca B9 Very Unique Suv New To Nigeria 2.45 Million / Just Arrived Tin Can Cleared Subaru Tribeca B9 Suv New To Nigeria 2.45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2015
How to know someone who's new to driving

1. Reflex actions from the person : this means that the person always performs some movements with his hands while walking on the road or at home. He/she might not be conscious of this actions until his friends or family members tell him about it.

2. Choice of driving : he/she is always scared while handling the wheels. From being too careful not to bash any other car to not moving too fast/slow down when necessary. Even maintains just the first two gears throughout the journey. (gears 1&2).That's when a professional driver would have the worst experience ever (when he rides with this newbie)

3. Over serious /focused : you will notice that the newbie focuses his attention on the road, not looking left or right nor even take note of the last vehicle that passed his side. This is where his side mirror starts crying because there's no gaze coming from its driver.

4. There's always an "L" sign in front of their cars indicating what they really are at the time (L is for learner or learning or even longinus) haha.

5. Let's not even talk about their cluelessness with the rear lights and headlamps.

6. What about the long neck they stretch while on wheels? Haha!.
They think stretching their necks would make them see everything ahead. I could laugh at that anytime any day.

7. No time for overtaking. He wouldn't mind bearing the name "the patient dog"

You can add yours, because, I am tired already. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by zeetyzin(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2015
:
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by Wuuworld(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2015
6 ways to know an aspiring Presido wey no have a single Certificate nko?.......pls we wan see am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2015
zeetyzin:
:
booking space already?
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by balash(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2015
Have once witnessed a woman driving around that mile 2, she was driving ahead of me and though I was actually driving slow also but got to a stage I noticed this woman was crawling instead.

immedietely out of anger I wanted to overtake her not quickly noticing this big MACK truck the truck driver hooked his very loud horn at me and showed me the big 5 hands 'WAKA'

Lo and behold if not that I wasn't that fast I would have hit the woman, immedietely this woman heard the loud horn she pressed brake and ran out of the car. I was mad and laughing don't even know what to tell the woman lol

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by macsika: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2015
well in a place like ABA any guy with two legs and two hands is a potential professional driver. they are born with the skill.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2015
macsika:
well in a place like ABA any guy with two legs and two hands is a potential professional driver. they are born with the skill.
we are from the same geographical area. Our eyes has really seen it all cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Make I hear. When i used to learn driving I been dey overtake tipper, 911 and any car wey block my way o. I dy even drive dey use side mirror enjoy the ikebe of that light skin endowed lady wey i just pass. Dey fire gear 3 like say na me produce am. I no dey like use L plate that time. In fact I never drive like a learner when I been dey learn driving o. I no even go driving school sef.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
Vessi:
Make I hear. When i used to learn driving I been dey overtake tipper, 911 and any car wey block my way o. I dy even drive dey use side mirror enjoy the ikebe of that light skin endowed lady wey i just pass. Dey fire gear 3 like say na me produce am. I no dey like use L plate that time. In fact I never drive like a learner when I been dey learn driving o. I no even go driving school sef.
longinus grin
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by chucky234(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2015
No. 3 got me ROTFL
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
chelseabmw,
Ikenna351,
pafestula.

Please, what art thou waiting for na? Kindly do the needful. Thanks
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by chelseabmw(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
aboyaji:
chelseabmw,
Ikenna351,
pafestula.

Please, what art thou waiting for na? Kindly do the needful. Thanks

Ok sir
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by Sijo01(f): 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
No 6 is so true and irritating.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by bigfrancis21: 5:38am On Feb 02, 2015
balash:
Have once witnessed a woman driving around that mile 2, she was driving ahead of me and though I was actually driving slow also but got to a stage I noticed this woman was crawling instead.

immedietely out of anger I wanted to overtake her not quickly noticing this big MACK truck the truck driver hooked his very loud horn at me and showed me the big 5 hands 'WAKA'

Lo and behold if not that I wasn't that fast I would have hit the woman, immedietely this woman heard the loud horn she pressed brake and ran out of the car. I was mad and laughing don't even know what to tell the woman lol

@bold...you got me laughing hysterically here. OMG!
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by Exponental(m): 8:16am On Feb 02, 2015
Wuuworld:
6 ways to know an aspiring Presido wey no have a single Certificate nko?.......pls we wan see am
if u dont av a certificate why mock him since u guys may be d same.
if u av one, why aint u contesting?
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
chelseabmw
Ikenna351
pafestula

Are my village members the problem behind what's obstructing my post from coming up to the front page?
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by Tinyemeka(m): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
I can't recall ever learning how to drive. sad

I used to wash my dad's car and just took it out one early morning without his knowledge. It was while attempting to drive back into the compound that I almost brushed the thing against the gate. After that it was smooth sailing. My next trip was to drive to villa. I was 16 then.

I don't even know why people find driving difficult. angry

By the way OP, I know the L-sign stands for Lunatic.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by siegfried99(m): 1:16am On Feb 16, 2015
Lol grin
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by aboyaji(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tinyemeka:
I can't recall ever learning how to drive. sad

I used to wash my dad's car and just took it out one early morning without his knowledge. It was while attempting to drive back into the compound that I almost brushed the thing against the gate. After that it was smooth sailing. My next trip was to drive to villa. I was 16 then.

I don't even know why people find driving difficult. angry

By the way OP, I know the L-sign stands for Lunatic.
hope you were one then.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by temmym4(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
What amuses me mostly is how some of our women gets so close to the steering as if a passenger is about to drag the wheel with them. They push the driver seat forward to the extent that a collision is almost happening between the steering and the driver's chest grin come and see them turning the steering when making a U-Turn grin
Driving is fun, dont make it a stressful job. Be relaxed and enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: 7 Ways To Know Someone Who's New To Driving by pfijacobs(m): 5:25am On Mar 07, 2015
If e no enter front page o go trek fo ceme

(1) (Reply)

Black 1999 Infiniti Qx4 Registered.......long gone. SOLD / Tokunbo Nissan Maxima 2006 @ 1.4m / Very Clean Registered 2000 Model Toyota Rav4 @700k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.