Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED (1099 Views)

sale postponed till further notice / Free Auto Diagnotics , auto electrical service& Tramigo tracker installation / Bonanza!!Lagos Free Scanning extended till further notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2015
Call any of the numbers in my signature to book an appointment.

Location is Gowon Estate, Alimosho.

Home service would be for a fee

who says you can't own and maintain a good car
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by Hawx(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Where are the numbers?
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hawx:
Where are the numbers?

On my signature

better still 08030938491
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
More calls please
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by ogoplus: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2015
@DECOtech....
do you also carry-out repairs to clear codes?
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
ogoplus:
@DECOtech....
do you also carry-out repairs to clear codes?
Yes sir, I do.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by ogoplus: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
DECOtech:
Yes sir, I do.

Ok. I will contact you.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
Helloooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by grafikii: 6:04am On Jul 12, 2015
DECOtech:
Helloooooooooooooooooo!
Hi, I was in gowon estate yesterday to check a used Mazda tribute that I will like to buy, it totally skipped my mind that you are based around there.
It's a Mazda tribute 2003 v6, I noticed oil leaks/stains around the belt area, when I test drove the car, there was smell of burning oil coming from that area with a lot of heat as well (I have been reading it's a common problem with the ford escape engine).
There is also a bit of noise from the right tyre area as I accelerate, it's a grinding noise, I suspect it's because the car has been sitting for long.

Another thing I noticed is that the engine cuts when I raise it beyond RPM 4. (could be because its been sitting for long too)

There is a slight vibration when I shift the gear to drive while holding down the break ( this scared me the most) I hope the transmission isn't faulty, could also just be faulty breaks.

I am a novice at these things and this is the first time I am buying a car, from the observation above, do you think the car is worth a try.

I have been following your post on Nairaland, that's why I decided to come to you for possible answers. Thanks in advance

I forgot to mention that the check engine light is on
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2015
grafikii:

It's a Mazda tribute 2003 v6, I noticed oil leaks/stains around the belt area, when I test drove the car, there was smell of burning oil coming from that area with a lot of heat as well (I have been reading it's a common problem with the ford escape engine).
There is also a bit of noise from the right tyre area as I accelerate, it's a grinding noise, I suspect it's because the car has been sitting for long.

Is the engine overheating? check if the cooling system was properly bled and that there's no possibility of air pockets anywhere in the coolant passages.
As for the oil leaks, you have a worn engine oil seal and also check the gaskets on the cam covers and oil filler cap.
Ford and Mazda use the same engines except for some details.

grafikii:

YES, sitting for too long would allow rust to build up around the brake disks and calipers or even let the grease dry up from around the bearing and spindles in the hubs. Overhauling and replacement of brake pads will take care of that matter.

grafikii:

Another thing I noticed is that the engine cuts when I raise it beyond RPM 4. (could be because its been sitting for long too)

By the word "CUTS", do you mean "goes off"? ...if your answer is a NO, note that these days, manufacturers install REV LIMITERS in engines whose job is to prevent the engine from revving beyond a preset RPM while the vehicle is stationary. Its their own little way of stopping you from ruining your engine.

grafikii:

There is a slight vibration when I shift the gear to drive while holding down the break ( this scared me the most) I hope the transmission isn't faulty, could also just be faulty breaks.

I want to believe you have test driven the vehicle. If the gears selected fine and the car drove well then, there's nothing wrong with the transmission unless one probes further with a scan tool. take note of the time interval between your selection of a gear (D or R) and the time the tranny takes to respond. it should not be longer than 2seconds. if it is longer than 2secs, then all is not well with that tranny.
The vibration you experienced could be from a broken engine or tranny seat.

grafikii:
I forgot to mention that the check engine light is on

For this, you would have to find someone with a scan tool. unfortunately, I am not in Lagos at the moment and won't be coming in anytime soon.

grafikii:

I am a novice at these things and this is the first time I am buying a car, from the observation above, do you think the car is worth a try.

I can't really say if its worth a try or not unless I see the car for myself especially to observe the pattern of the oil spillage. seeing pictures would have gone a long way. Why not find someone who has some knowledge about cars as I am not in town presently?

Wishing you all the best, God bless you bro.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by grafikii: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2015
DECOtech:

Is the engine overheating? check if the cooling system was properly bled and that there's no possibility of air pockets anywhere in the coolant passages.
As for the oil leaks, you have a worn engine oil seal and also check the gaskets on the cam covers and oil filler cap.
Ford and Mazda use the same engines except for some details.

YES, sitting for too long would allow rust to build up around the brake disks and calipers or even let the grease dry up from around the bearing and spindles in the hubs. Overhauling and replacement of brake pads will take care of that matter.

By the word "CUTS", do you mean "goes off"? ...if your answer is a NO, note that these days, manufacturers install REV LIMITERS in engines whose job is to prevent the engine from revving beyond a preset RPM while the vehicle is stationary. Its their own little way of stopping you from ruining your engine.

I want to believe you have test driven the vehicle. If the gears selected fine and the car drove well then, there's nothing wrong with the transmission unless one probes further with a scan tool. take note of the time interval between your selection of a gear (D or R) and the time the tranny takes to respond. it should not be longer than 2seconds. if it is longer than 2secs, then all is not well with that tranny.
The vibration you experienced could be from a broken engine or tranny seat.

For this, you would have to find someone with a scan tool. unfortunately, I am not in Lagos at the moment and won't be coming in anytime soon.

Wishing you all the best, God bless you bro.
God bless you for this response, quite sad you are not in lagos, I was hoping you could help check out the car on monday. Can you recommend any other mechanic?

God bless you again for your response.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2015
grafikii:

God bless you for this response, quite sad you are not in lagos, I was hoping you could help check out the car on monday. Can you recommend any other mechanic?

God bless you again for your response.

He has been a khazeem all his life but has been liberated.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by grafikii: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
DECOtech:

08163843115 He has been a khazeem all his life but has been liberated.
Thanks.
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by grafikii: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
DECOtech:

He has been a khazeem all his life but has been liberated.
Hi bro, can this Mechanic help do general maintenance on a 2004 Ford escape, changing plugs, fluids and filter and a comprehensive scan too. I just want to confirm before calling him
Re: Lagos Free Auto Scan/advise Is On, Till Further Notice. CLOSED by DECOtech(m): 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
grafikii:

Hi bro, can this Mechanic help do general maintenance on a 2004 Ford escape, changing plugs, fluids and filter and a comprehensive scan too. I just want to confirm before calling him

He doesn't have a scanner yet.

Why not find Gazzuzz?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2009/2010 @ 2.35m / sold sold 2006 Model Nissan Pathfinder Le With Dvd Headrest,used For One Month / Perfect Nissan Versa 2008 @ 1.8 To Negotiate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.