Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA (1115 Views)

SOLD 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Loft / Condo Available In Atlanta Georgia, USA SOLD / Construction Of Six Unit Of 2 Bedroom Flat At Lekki Ajah Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by REALESTATE1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
2 BEDROOM LOFT IN BROOKHAVEN , ATALANTA. USA

2 bedroom loft
Massive living room
Fitted kitchen
2 bathroom
3 toilets
Beautiful finishing

2 bedroom true Loft in a highly sought-after historical Brookhaven / Chamblee in the beautiful city of Atalanta .

Location: 8 minutes drive from North of Buckhead & Lenox mall . Loft complex is across the street from Chamblee MARTA train station , a 30 minutes train ride from the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport .

Potential :
Great for personal use or investment , strong rental of N 3,500,000 per annum

Price ... $ 189,900

I.N.J REAL ESTATE
081-0514-2125
080-7730-5975

Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
I visited your site. It is very polished and informative, you should be proud of it.

I'm glad to finally see a Nigerian real estate company that takes the profession seriously.

You clearly understand the power on the internet and positioned properly to rule the real estate landscape. It's a pity that we don't have more of your types. Instead we have "agents" that we have to practically beg to offer information such as geotag locations and pictures.

Kudos.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by REALESTATE1(m): 8:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Thank you !!
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by REALESTATE1(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
#
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by whitecat2: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is overpriced for an old building. You can still get 2br/2ba for $160,000 in the new Lofts next door.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by psych2000: 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
whitecat2:
This is overpriced for an old building. You can still get 2br/2ba for $160,000 in the new Lofts next door.

You clearly do not know the area well, or do not know enough about real estate.
"Overpriced for an old building"? Real estate values in the US are set by comparable sales, not by the whims of a seller. I sell RE in Atlanta. This development is one of the best in the area, second only to EcoLofts, built by same developer. There are several units for sale at upwards of $250,000 in the same development.

"...the new lofts next door" - clearly you are unaware of the history of the lofts you refer to. It was foreclosed from the developers, and the bank has had the challenge of trying to sell them off. In addition, the building is fraught with a number of problems.

In the eyes of the real estate market, it is not an apples to apples comparison.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by whitecat2: 12:05am On Mar 05, 2015
I know the the area very well and the building. Is it not the building facing Chamblee train station? And why is bank having problem selling it? Which would you compare it to if not the one next door that is newer and modern? There's a reason why those flats sit unsold for many years.
psych2000:

You clearly do not know the area well, or do not know enough about real estate.
"Overpriced for an old building"? Real estate values in the US are set by comparable sales, not by the whims of a seller. I sell RE in Atlanta. This development is one of the best in the area, second only to EcoLofts, built by same developer. There are several units for sale at upwards of $250,000 in the same development.

"...the new lofts next door" - clearly you are unaware of the history of the lofts you refer to. It was foreclosed from the developers, and the bank has had the challenge of trying to sell them off. In addition, the building is fraught with a number of problems.

In the eyes of the real estate market, it is not an apples to apples comparison.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by psych2000: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2015
whitecat2:
I know the the area very well and the building. Is it not the building facing Chamblee train station? And why is bank having problem selling it? Which would you compare it to if not the one next door that is newer and modern? There's a reason why those flats sit unsold for many years.

You misunderstand.
The foreclosed property I refer to is the "newer and more modern" one you seem to wish to use as a comparable. As well as the other loft development down the road, facing the North end of the train station. The developers were unable to complete at the height of the real estate downturn, and the banks stepped in.

For the purpose of valuation, you cannot logically use a property in distress as a comparable, or as RE professionals call it one not sold at fair market value / not sold in an arms length transaction. The one for sale here is actually the best selling loft development in the area. There are only 2 units for sale in the development, and all units are occupied by young professionals who LOVE the area.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by whitecat2: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
There's no point being all over the place. I would just like to know why your very listings are showing older and almost abandoned building more expensive than newer and modern one next door.

The term 'Comps' can only apply to newly sold homes in the neighborhood with same price, square footage and curb appeal among others, so in this case the loft north of the train station that has all the bells and whistles your own does not have should be more expensive.

Well I'm done with this! I realized that you have a business to run. I was just curious.
psych2000:

You misunderstand.
The foreclosed property I refer to is the "newer and more modern" one you seem to wish to use as a comparable. As well as the other loft development down the road, facing the North end of the train station. The developers were unable to complete at the height of the real estate downturn, and the banks stepped in.

For the purpose of valuation, you cannot logically use a property in distress as a comparable, or as RE professionals call it one not sold at fair market value / not sold in an arms length transaction. The one for sale here is actually the best selling loft development in the area. There are only 2 units for sale in the development, and all units are occupied by young professionals who LOVE the area.
Re: ** Sale : 2 Bedroom Loft In Brookhaven . Atalanta .USA by psych2000: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2015
whitecat2:
There's no point being all over the place. I would just like to know why your very listings are showing older and almost abandoned building more expensive than newer and modern one next door.

The term 'Comps' can only apply to newly sold homes in the neighborhood with same price, square footage and curb appeal among others, so in this case the loft north of the train station that has all the bells and whistles your own does not have should be more expensive.

Well I'm done with this! I realized that you have a business to run. I was just curious.

Your post is symptomatic of the reasons I chose to comment in the first place - you make too many assumptions, based on half facts and a lack of information.

1. This is not my post. I am not the OP. From what I gather (as I am actually willing to research) the OP is a legitimate agent in Nigeria. At least, they have one of the most professionally done up web sites in the Nigerian RE business. I am a REMAX agent out of the Buckhead office. I have sold a lot of RE in the area since I moved to Atlanta in 2010.

2. Sellers determine the listing price of their homes. We agents act as a guide, but the seller is ultimately responsible for price.

3. The particular loft development is FULLY OCCUPIED! Mostly owners live there. They have a less than 20% rental occupancy. I showed a unit there to a potential buyer late last year. Where do you come up with abandoned? Older, yes. Abandoned? You are clearly mistaken. Look them up, they have a very active Facebook page.

4. The loft north of the train station that according to you "has all the bells and whistles" has no bells and not even a single whistle! Granted it is newer, but only because it sat half empty for almost 4 years after the bank foreclosed on it and had to sell at ridiculous prices to recoup their cost. Even then, it took that long to convince buyers.

5. Even if that were the case, comps are not set on bells and whistles, but on fundamentals such as size (sq. footage), number of rooms, quality of build, obsolescence etc. Age of building plays a small role, but cannot determine price.

You clearly have an interest in real estate. I encourage you to learn the fundamentals in a licensing class.

(1) (Reply)

Newly Built 5bedroom All Ensuite Twin Duplex To Let In Ibadan / 87 Rooms Hotel @lekki Epe Express Sitting On 8000sqm 4 Sale. / For Serious Minded Entrepreneurs Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.