Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Experience In A 419 Taxi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience In A 419 Taxi (1626 Views)

See What I got from A 419 Yesterday (photo) / My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday / My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
I decided to post this here so more people would be aware

MY EXPERIENCE IN A 419 TAXI

so this morning I was on my way to school and as usual, I commute.
I stopped a taxi,told him my destination and entered the front seat. we were only three, me,the driver and one other commuter.
within two minutes, the other commuter (a guy ) said he wanted to get down.
the driver declined, n then he initiated a conversation. in his words "my sister, u see, for park this bros bring bag say na breakable things dey inside. as one woman bin wan come down the bag come open naim I see dollars."
then the other guy started crying.
then the driver " I dey carry am go police station. abeg sister (me) ,wetin u think"
I didn't reply.
the driver then said " oya bros tell me How you take get the money"
the guy then started crying and telling the story of How his oga that has d money is dead and How he wanted to use the money to start up a business.
the driver then asked him d amount and he said.
1.5million usd
the driver then started asking for my opinion.
I remembered about what my mum always told me about 419 n dt u shud always ignore what they say else u'd be caught by 'voodoo'.
I kept quiet and was praying in my mind.
then,them seeing How quiet I was after all their talk. stopped the car and asked me to get down.

BOTTOM LINE: I want you guys reading this to be really careful and to also warn your loved ones to thread carefully. cos if their 'voodoo' had actually caught me, I would have lost a lot of money.
a word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
Did he kidnap you?
Were you with large sum of money?
If they want to do "voodoo" on you do you think keeping quiet will save you?
Did you thank your God that they allowed you to come down?
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by nifemi25(m): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
Do you mean they intentionally asked you to come down when you didn't say anything . Tuale ooooooo
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by ArchEnemy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Wise lady
Their story been get k-leg sef

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
krall:
Did he kidnap you?
Were you with large sum of money?
If they want to do "voodoo" on you do you think keeping quiet will save you?
Did you thank your God that they allowed you to come down?

they didn't want to kidnap me, they just charm their victims and extract money from them that's what d 419ners do here in Benin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by olu77(m): 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
If na me I for play along like say I get interest cheesy
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
Fabzgrace:
I decided to post this here so more people would be aware

MY EXPERIENCE IN A 419 TAXI

so this morning I was on my way to school and as usual, I commute.
I stopped a taxi,told him my destination and entered the front seat. we were only three, me,the driver and one other commuter.
within two minutes, the other commuter (a guy ) said he wanted to get down.
the driver declined, n then he initiated a conversation. in his words "my sister, u see, for park this bros bring bag say na breakable things dey inside. as one woman bin wan come down the bag come open naim I see dollars."
then the other guy started crying.
then the driver " I dey carry am go police station. abeg sister (me) ,wetin u think"
I didn't reply.
the driver then said " oya bros tell me How you take get the money"
the guy then started crying and telling the story of How his oga that has d money is dead and How he wanted to use the money to start up a business.
the driver then asked him d amount and he said.
1.5million usd
the driver then started asking for my opinion.
I remembered about what my mum always told me about 419 n dt u shud always ignore what they say else u'd be caught by 'voodoo'.
I kept quiet and was praying in my mind.
then,them seeing How quiet I was after all their talk. stopped the car and asked me to get down.

BOTTOM LINE: I want you guys reading this to be really careful and to also warn your loved ones to thread carefully. cos if their 'voodoo' had actually caught me, I would have lost a lot of money.
a word is enough for the wise.

This story happened in Benin
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
nifemi25:
Do you mean they intentionally asked you to come down when you didn't say anything . Tuale ooooooo
Yes that's because they found out I already knew their trick . if you engage in a conversation with them you get carried away and end up following them.
it happened to my mum, when she first arrived benin back then.
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

This story happened in Benin
I live in benin
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by demelza: 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
This seems to be their modus- operandi.
Also had an encounter similar to yours.
Entered Keke on my way to school, we were four including the driver. Halfway to my destination, one of them brought out an address on a paper and asked the driver if he knew the destination. Driver replied in the negative.
The passenger sitting close to me immediately took up the case and started sympathizing with the "lost" guy. He showed me the paper and I saw the address which was really vague. At this point my senses were on high alert.
It was when the lost guy brought out a huge wad of dollars at the prompting of the other passenger,who was still crying louder than the bereaved, that I knew I don enter 419 vehicle. When they asked for my opinion, I immediately told the driver to stop me. They did and zoomed off without collecting my tp, that was the only good that came out of it.
Dad told me their jazz only work on people who are greedy and I believe that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
demelza:
This seems to be their modus- operandi.
Also had an encounter similar to yours.
Entered Keke on my way to school, we were four including the driver. Halfway to my destination, one of them brought out an address on a paper and asked the driver if he knew the destination. Driver replied in the negative.
The passenger sitting close to me immediately took up the case and started sympathizing with the "lost" guy. He showed me the paper and I saw the address which was really vague. At this point my senses were on high alert.
It was when the lost guy brought out a huge wad of dollars at the prompting of the other passenger,who was still crying louder than the bereaved, that I knew I don enter 419 vehicle. When they asked for my opinion, I immediately told the driver to stop me. They did and zoomed off without collecting my tp, that was the only good that came out of it.
Dad told me their jazz only work on people who are greedy and I believe that.
yea n people who r naive too.
r u in benin too?
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by demelza: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
Fabzgrace:

yea n people who r naive too.
r u in benin too?
No, Uyo.
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by smileysmiles(f): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
This happened 2 me twice last yr. And its not really a "voodoo" thing. They prey on pples greed. I actually know of 2 pple who fell for it.

If u had contributed to d conversation,the driver would have told u dat the cryin dude should give u guys part of d money. Dat one will now say ther is a curse/jazz on d money and one spiritualist will help u remove it with "special annointing oil" or sth weird like dat.

When you get to the spritualist u will now hear dat d "oil" costs 200k and 3 of u should contribute it (U invest 200k and get 200k usd! Good investment right?)

and dats when the "jazz" may set in.

U may even be asked to take an oath and dey scare you with amadioha and co so u cant tell anybody and blabla bla.

Greed is d major factor here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
smileysmiles:
This happened 2 me twice last yr. And its not really a "voodoo" thing. They prey on pples greed. I actually know of 2 pple who fell for it.

If u had contributed to d conversation,the driver would have told u dat the cryin dude should give u guys part of d money. Dat one will now say ther is a curse/jazz on d money and one spiritualist will help u remove it with "special annointing oil" or sth weird like dat.

When you get to the spritualist u will now hear dat d "oil" costs 200k and 3 of u should contribute it (U invest 200k and get 200k usd! Good investment right?)

and dats when the "jazz" may set in.

U may even be asked to take an oath and dey scare you with amadioha and co so u cant tell anybody and blabla bla.

Greed is d major factor here.
u scaled thru ryt?
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by ALAYORMII: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
419ners everywhere
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by smileysmiles(f): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Fabzgrace:

u scaled thru ryt?

On both cases i jes said dey should drop me and dey did. No arguments or anything.. i dint even have to pay d fare in one of d cases
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Fabzgrace(f): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
smileysmiles:

On both cases i jes said dey should drop me and dey did. No arguments or anything.. i dint even have to pay d fare in one of d cases
that's smart.
I didn't pay tfare too
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 31, 2015
Fabzgrace:

I live in benin

I heard the story

<I sent u PM>
Re: My Experience In A 419 Taxi by warrenweste(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
demelza:
No, Uyo.
oyo town or ibadan? cos there re too many of them in ibadan

(1) (Reply)

Why AMBULANCE Is Written As ECNALUBMA On Emergency Vehicles? / TF? As Seen On Rumuolumeni, Iwofe Road, Port Harcourt / Top 10 Worst Natural Disasters Of 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.