Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia (1020 Views)

Siddika Lamido To Wed Abubakar Umar Kurfi (Photos) / Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by DrBaruu86: 6:30am On Jan 31, 2015
“Most people simply don’t
know the extent of the
problem. An estimated 25,000
child marriages occur every
day. That’s mind-boggling, so
much so that to many people,
it becomes abstract and
unreal” – Gavin Weston
“By getting men to reject the
practices that subordinate
women and girls and subject
them to violence, we can get to
the root of child marriage” –
Wanjala Wafula

I was reading the early
morning articles on different
blogs and online newspapers
while taking a shit in the loo.
Boy, I had me a lot of chicken
wings and fufu the day before.
It was a neighbor’s
thanksgiving party to celebrate
her surviving an accident that
almost cost her life. Well, I
didn’t put my ‘self-control’
cloak on, so I munched and ate
and swallowed and drank.
Now look what I am facing
here in the toilet, trying so
hard to get this mound of shit
out. Pheewww! So much
suffering for eating a lot!
OK, back to the matter! So I
was reading the articles and
came across a very interesting
one: a 65 year old man and his
17 year old bride(or wife-to-
be) recounting their love tale
and how they met and fell in
love. Old guy said he was
attending his grandson’s
birthday party and there, he
saw the most beautiful
creature ever made (his words
o, not mine). He said he got
struck by a thunderbolt (at
that age, he shudda fallen face
down) and walked up to the
girl and then, the whole thing
is now history. Fair enough! I
am in no position to judge the
relationship status of two
consenting adults (but the girl
no be adult na).
After I read the article, I
cast my mind on similar love
stories and the one that came
to my mind was the marriage
between the ex beauty queen,
Dabota Lawson and the
billionaire Sunny Aku. Their
love story is still the same
song and dance – met
somewhere, got to talk plus
exchange numbers and now,
we are head over heels in love
with each other. For where?
Ogbeni calm down, na money
push you go marry the old man
jor .
Anyway, back to the matter.
The above analogy made me
think deeply. And deeply, I
thought as I battled to get the
remaining dump of shit off my
behind. Is love really the basis
for such marriages? Or should
the cops arrest the old
husbands for promoting
pedophilia?
A child marriage is a formal
marriage or informal union
entered into by an individual
before reaching the age of 18.
Child marriages are common in
history and still exist in some
places worldwide. Child
marriage is not just limited to
a particular gender but it has
the most overwhelming effect
on young girls.
In most cases, the girls are
usually from poor families and
have no marketable skills
thereby leaving the parents no
options but to whisk her off to
the highest bidder (usually an
older male). Most of them
have little or no education and
when married off, would be
forced to stay at home, take
care of the husband and rear
kids. They are denied the
rights to health, education and
opportunity to become whom
they want to be. Child
marriage robs these girls of
their childhood; these kids are
neither physically nor
emotionally ready to become
wives and mothers. It is
estimated that 15.4 million
girls a year, will marry as
children. These girls are at a
greater risk of experiencing
VVF, complications in
pregnancy and childbirth,
increased mortality rate, poor
sexual health, higher risk of
abuse, illiteracy and poor
education.
The right to free and full
consent to a marriage is
recognized in Universal
Declaration of Human Rights,
and the Convention on
Elimination of All Forms of
Discrimination against Women
(CEDAW) prohibits child
marriage. It is important for
these little children to be given
opportunity to enjoy childhood
before embarking on this
journey called marriage. Also,
negative traditional or religious
practices should be outlawed
and banned out rightly in the
nations that still uphold these
evil practices.
So I was in Yobe State some
months ago, at a local joint,
being served bean cakes and
fura by a young teenager (she
should be almost 16 years old).
She was such a beauty to
behold, with mounds of flesh
on the chest and a pound cake
behind. Lord have mercy !
These Fulani girls dem sabi
fine o, I thought to myself.
What if I took her as my bride;
as a war bounty from my
conquest of the North? Noooo,
olorun maje o . I quickly wiped
the thought off my mind as I
saw two elderly men with
bows and arrows, staring at
me as I was lost in my lustful
thoughts. TRAGIC!
And for the young woman
that is a little bit older than
18, claiming that she fell in
love with a rich old man that
could pass for her grand dad, I
wish you all the best. Na you
know whether na LOVE abi na
LONG THROAT push you enter
the union. As you make your
bed, so shall you lie on it. Oshe
!
Anyways, I successfully got
the last Mohican out – that last
piece of shit - from my behind.
I looked at the watch; it was
8:15am already. Holy Shit! I
have been in the toilet for
almost 2hrs! Chai, dem go don
call me tire for hospital.

published on: www.feelgoodinconline.com/blogs/
Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2015
A 17 year old girl isnt a child, we've heard of 13,15,16 year old boys and girls having sex, what's wrong with getting married when you feel like. Personally, I like early marriages, you get to have sex legally and there's no sin in this, it keeps you away from fornication. And the part of girls getting married to much older men, about 20-30 years difderence, I also do not really like it but if the girl agrees and they both love each other my likes and dislikes dont matter. It's their personal choice and we do see older women getting married to younger guys, love matters most. The only marriage I dont like is forced marriage but as soon as the lady is willing to marry the guy/man nothing is wrong. Early marriage should be encouraged between youth themselves, boys and girls of the same age group, you get to satisfy your sexual urge. An 18 year old boy getting married to a 16-18 year old girl is no biggie

1 Like

Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by DrBaruu86: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2015
@Ayesha...thats ur opinion though...but check the definition of child marriage...for Pete's sake, a 17yr old girl is not an adult...from ur analogies, it seems you'd gladly support what is going on in pakistan and similar nations...so if an 11yr old tells the parents she wants to marry a 45yr old man, they should allow her to?
Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by juman(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Marriage at young age is not bad.

1 Like

Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
DrBaruu86:
@Ayesha...thats ur opinion though...but check the definition of child marriage...for Pete's sake, a 17yr old girl is not an adult...from ur analogies, it seems you'd gladly support what is going on in pakistan and similar nations...so if an 11yr old tells the parents she wants to marry a 45yr old man, they should allow her to?
Are you kidding me, a 17 year old girl isnt an adult, dwag that o, I left Nigerian for another country at 17 years and by the grace of God and the support of my parents I am here alone! 18 Years isnt the definition of adulthood, I'm not been proud here but I must say what some people who claim to be older than me do I can never do it, age doesnt define maturity. I finished secondary sch at 14, Alhamdulillah. It all depends on the person. A 17 year old human being is not a child. The 11 year old girl , I wouldnt want my 11 year old sister to get married now.... it depends on the lady's body feature if she's ready n if the parents put their consent and they dim it fit, good for them. I've seen girls who started their menstruation at 8. But the point is I wish I were married right now, God knows. All the monotheistic faiths see fornication as a great sin, and if we wont be hypocritical as soon as a boy starts having wet dreams his testosterone starts disturbing him, a girl also at the age of say 14 is over exposed, God created us this way so that we can fulfill our sexual needs legally without being sinful. We shouldnt deceive ourselves, my kids, by the grace of God will have early marriages, God willing. If they think they shouldn't give birth as soon as they get married, it's left to them at least they satisfy their sexual urges in the realm of wedlock, no pre-marital sex, no acting like a saint in the house and sleeping around with the opposite sex. Let's encourage realism!
Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
DrBaruu86:
Lest I forget, be real here, your first x, was it premarital, and at what age, please be frank. And do you advocate premarital sex?
Re: Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia by DrBaruu86: 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
I understand all you said...but my friend...whether you argue from today till tomorrow...the legal definition of adulthood is 18yrs...Maturity is totally different from adulthood...just note that...better go check the definition of child marriage first...you have nothing to lose by doing so! Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

The African American Syndrome. / Why Are Nigerians Hating On Somalis? / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.