Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer (1224 Views)

Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam / Research And Seminer Presentation / I Need A Guide On Writing A Field Trip Report! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 31, 2015
embarassedplease i need to present a seminer in my school.
i just need a format on how to write it from my fellow nairalander
Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Champella(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
Just hang on till evening. I'll give you the format before today runs out. It's not something that is difficult.
Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Champella(m): 12:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Alright here we go!

You would be using Power Point for your Seminar presentation. So you'll have to make your work very simple and straight to the point.

Like the one i did a couple of months ago (Pre-field Presentation or Seminar), we were required to present just 3 Chapters (1 - 3).

These were the arrangements of the Chapters in mine:

Chapter 1

Introduction
* Background
* Statement of the problem
* Objective of the study
* Specific Objectives
* Significance of the study
* Scope of the study

Chapter 2
Literature Review

Chapter 3

Methodology
* Study Area
* Population of the study
* Sample size and Sampling Procedure
* Sources and Instruments for data collection
* Test for validity and reliability
* Techniques of data analysis
* Measurement of variables

However, while making my Power Point i decided to simplify my work. I used about 9 slides.

Slide 1

Cover Page
* Title (Seminar topic)
* Name of student
* Registration number
* Department
* Faculty
* School
* (Recipient) Who you're submitting to. (I addressed it to my department)
* Date

Slide 2

Introduction
* In my case i simply gave a brief definition of my concept in a few lines. You can mention types where necessary. Make use of bullets to make your work very neat and clear.

Slide 3

Statement of the problem
* Just pick out a few lines from your main work. Make sure that it's about 3 - 5 lines for simplicity.

Slide 4

Objective of the study
* You'll fuse your "Specific Objectives" into the main Objective. Again, you'll make use of bullets and numbering for clarity.

You could say it this way. . .

"The Objective of this study is to evaluate the impact of the upcoming Presidential Election on students. To meet the General Objective, the following Specific Objectives have been identified".

Slide 5

Significance of the study
* This one is self explanatory

Slide 6

Methodology
* Study Area - Simply state the location. E.g Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
* Population of the study - Simply state the population of those in your Study area
* Sampling size and Sampling Procedure - You'll simply indicate the size of the Respondents you would be using for your study. You'll also state the method(s) or technique(s) you would use to obtain data for your study. E.g Simple random sampling technique

Slide 7

Sources and instruments for data collection - Where would your data be gotten from. Primary data would be gotten from the Respondents. Secondary data would be gotten from Published journals, textbooks, etc. Then instruments for data collection would be a well structured Questionnaire.

Slide 8

Techniques of data analysis - You'll simply state how you would analyse your data. For each Specific Objective, simply state how you would analyse them.

Example:
Objective 1 - Descriptive statistical tools (frequencies, percentages, means, etc)
Objective 2 - Multiple Regression

Slide 9

Appreciation - I think this is optional. I simply wrote "THANK YOU FOR COMING!" in mine.

You just need to make your work very simple, neat and clear. You won't include Chapter 2 (Literature Review) in your slides as these ones are related works done by others. But prepare for some questions as your Lecturers would be there to ask you a few questions as well as your Colleagues.

Your Lecturers would definitely make some corrections on your work. Just be composed and pray very well before you go for your Seminar. Please accept my little input.

Don't worry others would be here in no time to add to what i've written already. You'll surely get more ideas from the more experienced persons in here.

Good luck in your Seminar presentation!

1 Like

Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 01, 2015
GOD bless you dear...thanx a lot, really appreciate
Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Champella(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
dailytrumpet:
GOD bless you dear...thanx a lot, really appreciate

Amen. God bless you too. So which school are you and what's your discipline?
Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 02, 2015
Computer science
Re: Need Urgentt Help On Writing A Seminer by Champella(m): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2015
Which school?

(1) (Reply)

Gmat Thread / Access Bank Pay With Capture / Kwasu Hnd Conversion And Top Up Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.