Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,844 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders (776 Views)

Get Unlimited Traffic From Facebook Now. (method Reviewed) / How To Invite Non Friends To Like My Facebook Page / Get Your Website Reviewed Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by franel79(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2008
Here is the link : www.ytclass.com
Thanks For Your Cooperation.
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by yawatide(f): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2008
The area to the left where you have 2 links, one of which says, "Six Online Income Streams", why the funky layout there? What were you shooting for? Things are just jumping around so much that it I am left distracted a lot.

Just wondering
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by lekywhite(m): 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2008
franel79,

If that website is the best you can design, i think you need to go back to school of web designing, many things need to be put in order.from that website.

You still have a lot to learn, please don't feel embarrassed with my statement.
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by Seton(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ frank,
i think the best thing is that you have kickstarted something, and i know as time go on, the improvement you need on web development will fall in in stages. Sincerely, i do not know why you have to put google adsense when you know you are going to be selling something on your website, the problem is see there is that your prospects will end up buying what you are selling from ur competitors whose advert google has put on your website, or will you be satisfied with the click on the ad. i think you have to think about that. i think it is when one is giving a free stuff that is when you use adsense as ur back-end to make money, or what do you think folks.
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by Afam4eva(m): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2008
You tried with the design as you will get better with time. How can you put google ads that advertises web design service when you offer same service on your site, i'm Dead curious.
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by dayotee2(m): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2009
@franel79

with all due respect, I agree with others who have condemned your site.

Some quick things you may find helpful:

1. Your color combination is questionable, why green and blue?

"BN:953419  Registered With The Corporate Affairs Commission Of Nigeria"
what is this suppose to mean? That you have a business name registered with CAC so what? you should display your RC number and not BN number. sincerly this doesnt win JOBs in the market and making so much noice about it doesnt make it more visible ,  the point is, either remove it or place it under your logo (by the way, does your company have a logo? it didnt reflect on your website though)

3. why are your text align to the center and why is your company profile on EVERY page including About us page? In the case of your profile page, it is called tautology

4. Frank I beg you, remove your pix from the site, you should be presenting your business as an entity of its own and not you.

5. ALL your images are extensively stretched, any reason why?

6. I think you should learn how to use dreamweaver or any better WYSIWYG editor apart from front page which I believe you used in designing the said website. Also I recommend you learn how to use CSS, it will help you alot.

I can continue ,  there are just so many things wrong with the site but in all fairness, its a fair start and wish you all the best as you step up your game in the industry.

High Regards
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2009
I am not that good with design myself, i am a programmer, in fact i outsource my design - the best design i have done is far is my site.
But i question your design quality seriously. I think you can still do better afterall we are all improving.
And one more thing, i remembered when i first placed my site for review some years back - it was very terrible - but i thx i have improved now - alot of those reviewing your site now like @yawa helped to review my site then as well.
Just stick to their advice - and they mean good and are trying to make you better - so u can represent the web developer's community outside properly - after all that is what review is meant for - just in case you are dissapointed. But one thing i do is that - whenever i take on the task of designing - i open similar sites like what i just created and view the too side by side - if i am not convinced about what i have done - i will take advice from some of my pro designers - one on one - i will not want to come and post it here - these guys are bad and will slaughter anything resembling rubbish mercilessly.

And you need to try to make that forum look more like your site or the other way round - immediately i entered the forum, i had the impression i have clicked on an external link - i had to press the back button to be sure i have not.

Anyways happy new year.
Re: I Would Like My Website Reviewed By Other Nairalanders by franel79(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
Thanks, is the site better now?

(1) (Reply)

104 Years Old Lady On Twitter / Are U Curious Of What Is New In Tech World / Help To Review This Websit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.