Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nairaland Undergoing Changes? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairaland Undergoing Changes? (1328 Views)

See A Guy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing With Goat Blood In A Cameroonian Vill.. / Cruelty, Exploitation & Stealing....we Need Changes In Our Personal Lives More / Colombian Artist Ladyzunga Cyborg Changes Her Name To ABCDEFG HIJKLMN OPQRST.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
Is Nairaland undergoing changes, technology/content wise? Or is it my phone? I have noted with concern the following:
1.NO list of Topics categories available as has always been on page 1.
2. Has the phrase, "Nigerian Forum" always been there?

3. Having difficulty viewing NL on my android.

4.No paragraphs,

5. No adequate colour,

6. Repeatitive tasking when posting new posts,
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
They change one or two things on the site every now and then.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
2prexios:
They change one or two things on the site every now and then.
Have you noted the same too?
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
muafrika:
Have you noted the same too?
Not in recent times, maybe you have automated upgrades on your browser changing the site interface.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
2prexios:
Not in recent times, maybe you have automated upgrades on your browser changing the site interface.
I see.

Technical stuff. Thanks,
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
muafrika:
I see.

Technical stuff. Thanks,
You so keen, its true: the 'Nigeria' on top of the browser is new, sort of. Thats nairaland programmer(s) at work.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
2prexios:
You so keen, its true: the 'Nigeria' on top of the browser is new, sort of.
Yeah,

I have found the list of categories on the "Nairaland General" page. It used to be on the "Nairaland Forum" page, which I believe is the home page,
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
muafrika:

Yeah,

I have found the list of categories on the "Nairaland General" page. It used to be on the "Nairaland Forum" page, which I believe is the home page,
So true, muafrika. I think you have class, what part of the motherland do you represent?
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
2prexios:
So true, muafrika. I think you have class, what part of the motherland do you represent?
Thanks. I think you do too,

Am Kenyan. You are Yoruba?
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
muafrika:
Thanks. I think you do too,

Am Kenyan. You are Yoruba?
Yes I am Yoruba, a Nigerian. I love Kenya alot. I have spiritual connection with that land and her people (kikuyu/Agikuyu/Luo, Massai) thru Ngugi Wa thiong'o. I lived in his stories as a kid, and I found inspiration by him to 'Africast' and write. Oh poor Njoroge, heroic Boro, defiant Mr. Howland and Jomo Kenyatta, the mysterious mau~mau African liberator. Africa, it is not yet uhuru!
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
2prexios:
Yes I am Yoruba, a Nigerian. I love Kenya alot. I have spiritual connection with that land and her people (kikuyu/Agikuyu/Luo, Massai) thru Ngugi Wa thiong'o. I lived in his stories as a kid, and I found inspiration by him to 'Africast' and write. Oh poor Njoroge, heroic Boro, defiant Mr. Howland and Jomo Kenyatta, the mysterious mau~mau African liberator. Africa, it is not yet uhuru!
Thats so cool,

I feel you. Ngugi wa thiongo? He is good. Din't know he made an impact so far. Some of his books were banned here during his hey days, for political reasons. Kenyatta was a good writer, narrator. His expression of culture..priceless.

I am intrigued by the likes of the late Chinua Achebe. His arrow of God and Okonkwo made a lasting impression on my generation. He had a way with African stories,
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 11:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
muafrika:
Thats so cool,

I feel you. Ngugi wa thiongo? He is good. Din't know he made an impact so far. Some of his books were banned here during his hey days, for political reasons. Kenyatta was a good writer, narrator. His expression of culture..priceless.

I am intrigued by the likes of the late Chinua Achebe. His arrow of God and Okonkwo made a lasting impression on my generation. He had a way with African stories,
Ngugi Wa thiongo was my best author. Read Achebe a little. I know Jomo Kenyatta wrote 'facing mount Kenya'. Havent read any of his works. I love Ngugi's 'homecoming' so much. Very insightful literary criticism of African authors.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 01, 2015
2prexios:
Ngugi Wa thiongo was my best author. Read Achebe a little. I know Jomo Kenyatta wrote 'facing mount Kenya'. Havent read any of his works. I love Ngugi's 'homecoming' so much. Very insightful literary criticism of African authors.
Facing mount Kenya is a story of kikuyu culture,

Thats a recent one right? I will look for it, if you say its that good.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 8:04am On Feb 01, 2015
muafrika:
Facing mount Kenya is a story of kikuyu culture,

Thats a recent one right? I will look for it, if you say its that good.
I rather say I must learn from you: maybe a book like that is a figment of my imagination if you aren't aware of it, can't always trust on memory you know. But I pick that phrase up from somewhere. Can't recollect now.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 01, 2015
2prexios:
I rather say I must learn from you: maybe a book like that is a figment of my imagination if you aren't aware of it, can't always trust on memory you know. But I pick that phrase up from somewhere. Can't recollect now.
I haven't been so keen on him but I think you are right. I have heard of a new book by Ngugi, well, not too new but most recent. Ill hunt it down. I always find literature more interesting after someone recommends it.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by 2prexios: 11:00am On Feb 01, 2015
muafrika:
I haven't been so keen on him but I think you are right. I have heard of a new book by Ngugi, well, not too new but most recent. Ill hunt it down. I always find literature more interesting after someone recommends it.
I do too, literature was part of the building block of my consciousness. I read stories like: The boy slave, The Return of Shettima, King Solomon's Mine, the Black Hammit, Ivanhoe, The Adventure of Tom Sawyer. Hm, So long. You will enjoy any of these anyday.
Re: Nairaland Undergoing Changes? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
2prexios:
I do too, literature was part of the building block of my consciousness. I read stories like: The boy slave, The Return of Shettima, King Solomon's Mine, the Black Hammit, Ivanhoe, The Adventure of Tom Sawyer. Hm, So long. You will enjoy any of these anyday.
Indeed,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omo Oduduwa Oh!!! Omo Yoruba Rere Oh!!! / Nigerian Female Doctor Refused Entry In Saudi Embassy Because Of Veil / A Snake Killed At My Balcony Just This Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.