Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

A Word Of Advice For The Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Word Of Advice For The Christians (508 Views)

How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word Of Advice For The Christians by udatso: 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
I decided to write this cos I believe there are lots of reasonable, honest and tolerant Christians here who would call a spade a spade no matter the circumstances or especially if it means treating other peoples' faith fairly.
it is no longer a news that everyday, there is always an anti - Islam thread in this section where our beloved Prophet or our faith generally is insulted by certain users who have taken it upon themselves to spread falsehood.
Muslims are not knew to this treatment . but when I visit such threads, I try to reply in most cases just to clear the misconception for the new users or for those who had no clue about the topic. my Muslim brothers have also tried their best in this aspect.

what baffles me is the reaction of the clueless. When an information is passed to us, we shouldn't be lazy in verifying such claims. if we can't verify it, why endorse such info. it would be an act of insincerity for one to come to a topic were Islam is been accused of certain crimes and his reply would be something like "na wa for Islam ooo, Islam is a religion of bla bla bls" and other hateful statements. for such persons I can only conclude they are not ready face the truth.

personally when an info is passed to me about Christianity I must ensure that I have made my research before I have my say. I don't just go about and start to criticise Christians based on what I heard. why can't we also emulate this good virtue? . Do you always have to insult Islam?if you can't verify it, why can't you just keep quiet.?

the point is don't just take what you are told hook, line and sinker. it's the 21st century when info can easily be verified. and when you see your Christian brother doing what is wrong to non Christian, don't just ignore him. the least you can do is caution him. The Bible doesn't ask anyone to support evil by a believer on a non believer.
Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Short Story Behind St.valentine / This Is Certainly Divine / ,/.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.