Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview (973 Views)

Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview by rayzzz: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
I just saw this online and I think it's worth sharing. It's biased towards American and Western audience, but there is no harm in mulling over them.

Admittedly, job interviews are stressful. They can be made even worse when the interview questions are open ended.

That’s why we’ve taken the liberty of formulating a variety of “scenario” based questions you might have to face in any given job interview.

Try your luck with these, and as any recruiter might tell you, there’s no right or wrong answer. Just the best answer you can muster on the spot. Good luck.

1. If you couldn’t have this job, what job would you want to have?

2. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?

3. If Mars was a colonized planet, what job would you want to have there?

4. If you had to work as a sport mascot, who would you want to be?

5. If you were in a sitcom that took place in the ‘80s or ‘90s, which one would it be?

6. If you could, would you ban conference calls or check-in meetings?

7. If you could time travel to any period past or future, to what time would you go?

8. If you could go anywhere on business travel, where would you go?

9. If you could successfully drill to the core of the Earth, would you?

10. If gravity disappeared, what is the first thing you’d do?

11. If this job could have a “creative” job title, what would you want it to be?

12. If you had one superpower, what would it be, and why?

13. If there were no attire police, what would you wear to work?

14. If you noticed that a co-worker made a mistake, how would you address it?

15. If selected for this position, can you describe your strategy for the first 90 days?

16. If someone on your team was slacking, what would you do?

17. If your supervisor asked you to do something that you disagreed with, but that was not immoral or illegal, what would you do?

18. If you were given an assignment outside your comfort zone, skill-wise, would you attempt it anyway or seek to pass it off to a colleague?

19. If you retired tomorrow and wanted to start a wildly different second career, what would you do?

20. If money were no object and you could go back to school to learn for fun, what would you study?

21. If you were stranded on a desert island with unlimited food and water, what three additional things would you want to have with you and why?

22. If you won the lottery today and had the time and resources to devote your life to one worthy cause, hobby or passion, what would it be?

23. If you had a time machine, would you check out the future or the past? Why?

Follow/like my Facebook page for more of these by Clicking Here
Re: 23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview by stint(m): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
I find that reading all this tings gets my mind crowded and makes me overthink during the interview. Once I understand what an enployer is looking for, my instinctive answer is usually the right one.

What many need is to just practise expressing themselves. All these things at best will tell u what to say to get a job that doesnt suit you or itll just get ur mind crouded that you overthink simple questions.
Re: 23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview by CNNg: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2015
Nice tips. Big ups OP
Re: 23 ‘what If…’ Questions You Could Be Asked In A Job Interview by rayzzz: 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
CNNg:
Nice tips. Big ups OP
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment For Customer Project Manager At Ericsson Nigeria / Vacancies / 10 Questions NOT To Ask In A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.