Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,175 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' (6129 Views)

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. / Chimamanda Adichie At The Paris Fashion Week 2016 (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Do any of these our so called 'heroes' ever write about our successes when moaning to their foreign newspapers? Chimamanda, what about the railway revolution we are experiencing after 30 years of nothing? Is that not worth writing about in the New York times? What about the improving roads, both federal and state? The infrastructural successes in places like Akwa Ibom, Enugu and Lagos? What about the agricultural revolution? What about INNOSON and the car manufacturing revolution? Have they warned you not to send them positive news about your country? Is your fame dependent on constantly running down your country?

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by PastorAji(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
but at least in my area we have "interrupted" 8hrs daily of light
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by basseyubong(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Surely victory is yours. God bless our army God bless Nigeria God bless GEJ
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by DuchessLily(f): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
Like say we no knw. All our pple in diaspora, make una come join hand make we make naija better....writing big grammar all d tym wnt help us

Babes I dey always love ur gr8 writing skill sha..

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by dvee2: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
He has six years and billions of dollars to fix our power, step down now for someone else to try
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ohhh! I don't like this sad

Where's my Quote button? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by kay29000(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
I thought the lady lives in America? How can she know how we suffer power supply? Maybe she is speaking from the few times a year she comes over to Nigeria for holidays.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by baybeeboi: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
all these problems for one person?
Gateman must be a big liar den.
Such things no longer happen.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by slap1(m): 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
I admire Chimamanda. However, there's really nothing new in her writeup. Reads more like a short story than an article. I love it though!
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by slap1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
ROSSIKE I like your post up there!

What happened to the 'quote button '?
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
So, NL disabled the 'quote' button. Seun, i dey suspect u and Amanda. E be like say una dey run parole
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
Chimamanda knows how to use simple english to drive points.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Orikinla(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
[size=18pt]Chimamanda in stingy, because she can afford to live where there is 24 hours power supply in Lagos and on Bonny Island in Rivers state and she will not even hear the sound of any generator.[/size]
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by guyX(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Here in unizik awka main campus, we get up to 23 hours of light daily.
Our generators are suffering from under use.
Ask a unizik student who lives on campus when last he used kerosene to cook.
He'll laugh at you and say he doesn't even have a kerosene stove but cooks everyday.
#hotPlate on point.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
To everyone ranting that the lady only came show that she can write or to tell us what we already know, I have every reason to believe you missed the message.

Chimamanda was merely drawing our attention to the things she supposed we should take into consideration before casting our votes. She's using her skill to carry out some form of sensitization. Obviously, she's doing an implicit campaign and, more so, against my preferred candidate but if I must attack her, it wouldn't be on the ground that she has only come to impress us with her writing skills but on the points she made which, in my own opinion, are not completely valid.

Whichever way, I appreciate her efforts and time. And I'd expect intellectual counter attacks here and not some funny critics born out of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nice write up, most families spend more on providing their own electricity than on food. Shame
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by Ayobami97(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by anukulapo: 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good enough for mental exercise. For now,let us focus on GEJ and GMB as per 14th of april. Afterwards,we can make use of this nice article.
Re: Chimamanda's 'Lights Out In Nigeria' by ssultana(f): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2015
How can you even begin to say she needs to offer solutions? Is she your leader? She has done her part(which is remind us all that we are far too old a nation to have epileptic power supply) she did not lie did she? And no,power isn't better in Nigeria! Abuja that should be the capital of Nigeria has the most laughable Electricity....if u don't believe this,pack your load and move in with someone in Garki or wuse which are one of the so-called elite areas....in just a day,phcn would clear your doubt,people have just 5 or so hours of electricity per day....if you like GEJ,go ahead but don't say he has done any wonders in the power sector....

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) / What Are The Chanllenges Facing Nigerian Authors / Up Coming Authors And The Sol / The Church - A Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.