Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,983 members, 7,952,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

What Could Have Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Could Have Happened? (847 Views)

What Happened To The 2016 FIRS Recruitment? / I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Have Happened? by Sleek05(f): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

I need an answer to this mystery.

I attended an interview last week Tuesday after being recommended by a friend of mine. The company recruiting used an external HR person for the recruitment. After an interview with the HR Manager, she directed me to the client and the interview with the client was superb. It was more like a conversation and assured me that I got the job. Asked me when I could start and did a run down of what my major duties will be. He asked me to send my CV as soon as I could and he'll send my appointment letter before February 2nd, my resumption date. He even introduced me to his other colleagues as the new to-be-hired staff.

I called the HR Manager to inform her of the outcome as she requested me to and she told me to copy her when I send my CV to the client and that she will do the paper work and send. All these happened on Tuesday. Then my reference called me to say she called to give a positive feedback after the interview with me.

By Thursday, I hadn't gotten any letter and I called the client who told me to call the HR Manager. I didn't hear what she said well, All I heard was i'll get back to you. I had little doubts but when I remembered the guy's assurance and conversation, the doubts cleared.

I sent a reminder email this morning as I still had not received any letter, only for the HR Manager to inform me that they are still conducting interviews for other candidates.

I was dumbfounded!!! What could have happened? Nairalanders, HR Managers.... is this the new trend? I'm super confused!
Re: What Could Have Happened? by Melahou(m): 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
i guess they just discovered either some of the information you provided where incorrect
or you are not just fit for the job

or probably they got a negative info about you

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Happened? by Sleek05(f): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
@ Melahou. Thanks for your response but I did not provide any incorrect information.
Re: What Could Have Happened? by ejiykzazi2007(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
If u were the only one interviewed, a senior staff of d coy must hv disapprove of the idea of interviewing just one person for the post, may feel interviewing more pple will enable them pick the best. Hence, they may have decided to make it open to other aspirants. Just be prayerful that you still come out the best...

And be preparing too, you may still be called upon again for another interview.

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Happened? by stepo707: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
The day ain't over yet
Re: What Could Have Happened? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Op have you considered if your village people are still not after you? grin

OK I was joking. Just like someone said above, it could be that a senior staff disapproves the idea of interviewing you alone. It could also be that some internal politics is going on in the company; maybe someone of equal or higher status than your referral also has a preferred candidate for that position and he or she is lobbying hard to get the job for his aspirant. Maybe

FriedPlantain
Re: What Could Have Happened? by kachnov(m): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Be positive, maybe. they need more than one person for the role.
Re: What Could Have Happened? by nwagbunaese(f): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
it happen...maybe some other staffs got the info and they decided to give other aspirants the chance too. just be praying.
it has happened to me too, a frnd of mine was promoted in her work place n her supervisor ask her to recommend somone, then she recommended me, bfor 24hr all the we were more than 12 aspirants, HR staffs,evrybody were bringing their candidate for the job.
unfortunately i didnt get the job.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Seeking Jobs!! U Can Make 200k In A Month In Laundry Business / Job Opening At Proteck Aluminium Company / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.