Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. (742 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Doctor Extracts Bottle Cap From Man’s Stomach With Condom (Video) / He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by DocHMD: 1:10am On Feb 03, 2015
Intro-

Q: What is holistic medicine?

Ans: Holistic medicine is a form of healing that considers the whole person -- body, mind, spirit, and emotions -- in the quest for optimal health and wellness. According to the holistic medicine philosophy, one can achieve optimal health -- the primary goal of holistic medicine practice -- by gaining proper balance in life.

Holistic medicine practitioners believe that the whole person is made up of interdependent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances (physical, emotional, or spiritual) in their lives, it can negatively affect their overall health.

A holistic doctor may use all forms of health care, from conventional medication to alternative therapies, to treat a patient. For example, when a person suffering from migraine headaches pays a visit to a holistic doctor, instead of walking out solely with medications, the doctor will likely take a look at all the potential factors that may be causing the person's headaches, such as other health problems, diet and sleep habits, stress and personal problems, and preferred spiritual practices. The treatment plan may involve drugs to relieve symptoms, but also lifestyle modifications to help prevent the headaches from recurring.

Ref: webmd.com
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by DocHMD: 1:28am On Feb 03, 2015
What is the principle of holistic medicine and how does it work?

Holistic medicine is also based on the belief that unconditional love and support is the most powerful healer and a person is ultimately responsible for his or her own health and well-being. Other principles of holistic medicine include the following:

1. All people have innate healing powers.
2. The patient is a person, not a disease.
3. Healing takes a team approach involving the patient and doctor, and addresses all aspects of a person's life using a variety of health care practices.
4. Treatment involves fixing the cause of the condition, not just alleviating the symptoms.
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by DocHMD: 1:44am On Feb 03, 2015
Holistic Medicine: Types of Treatments

Holistic practitioners use a variety of treatment techniques to help their patients take responsibility for their own well-being and achieve optimal health. Depending on the practitioner's training, these may include:

Patient education on lifestyle changes and self-care to promote wellness. This may include diet, exercise, psychotherapy, relationship and counseling, and more
Complementary therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, homeopathy, massage therapy, naturopathy, and others
Western medications and surgical procedures may also be applied in rare acute cases.
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by DocHMD: 8:13am On Feb 03, 2015
Holistic and Naturopathic medical practitioners and their method of disease management are becoming more common everyday in the advanced and developing countries.

Most diseases known to man can be treated/managed by holistic and naturopathic methods. Some of the principles of holistic medicine were developed thousands of years before hippocrates was born.
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by DocHMD: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2015
Certified Naturopathic and Holistic doctors are trained in Dietics, Pathology, anatomy, physiology, holistic health and hygiene, first aid, clinical acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, obstretrics/gynaecology and maternity, laboratory diagnosis, psychotherapy, medical jurisprudence, clinical diagnosis, mental health management, herbal medicine, Osteopathy, Ayurveda, TCM, t.c

They are trained like the conventional doctors, the difference is that their methods of managements are different especially in chronic diseases.
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by Harkynkunle(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2015
In respect of what u said.... are u better in treating chronic diseases.....?
if yes...diseases like...?
Re: I Am Your Holistic Doctor, Hold My Hand Let's Walk Through Your Problem. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
how can one treat acne holistically.

treating it permanently using natural methods

(1) (Reply)

Causes Of Female Infertility / Doctors Fault Phd As Condition To Appoint VC / Can Fibroids Cause Weight Gain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.