Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Plight Of Human Non-persons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Plight Of Human Non-persons (681 Views)

The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) / The Basis Of Human Morality / The Ten Commandments Of Human Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Plight Of Human Non-persons by huxley(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2008
The Christian religion teachings that nobody goes into heaven but thus Jesus, that is believing that Jesus is God. In this pronouncement, Jesus is basically restrict access to heaven but to a tiny minority of those who get to know about him and believe in him. How about those you are in capable of knowing about him and developing a belief in him? Are such excluded from heaven by virtue of their lack of belief?

There are a number of categories of people who are incapable of believing in Jesus;

1) The billions who lived and died before Jesus made the statement.
2) Those for whom the concept of Jesus has not yet impacted
3) The cognitively challenged.

I want to focus on a subclass of the cognitively challenge, a group I shall call human non-persons. Rather than give a narrative description of human non-persons, I shall provide examples:

1) Foetuses lost "early" in pregnancy
2) Human fertilised eggs used in medical research or aborted naturally from the body.

I describe them as persons essentially because they derive from the human body and ordinarily require protection. Non-person, because they have not developed the full mind and bodily functionality typical of ordinary humans.

Now, is there a place for foetuses and fertilsed eggs in heaven? If there is, are they going to forever remain foetues/eggs or would they have the option of growing and developing full bodily parts?
Re: The Plight Of Human Non-persons by bindex(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
Huxley grin grin grin grin Jesus is the only way to God while Mohammed is the last prophet of Allah he is also the only way to paradise that is filled with virgins and rivers of wine.

(1) (Reply)

FYI: Letter from JESUS / Video Documentary: Religion In The United States / Do Christains Marry Muslims Without No Problems In Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.