Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose (2098 Views)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Nairalanders Which Job Site In Nigeria Is The Best So I Could Get A Job.? / Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by vkonkwo: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2015
on Friday last week i got a contract job with ipNX LTD via u-connect for a call centre agent and the monthly pay is 60,000 naira, and yesterday being Monday FCMB called me and told me that they have offer me a job for call centre agent for HND/Bsc graduates, though am yet to get the offer letter to see the monthly pay and working conditions,the job is not a direct staff job, it looks like a contract job,but the employment processes was done by there HR department.

Please fellow nairalanders, i don't really know what to do or which offer to go for,i don't really wanna make a mistake to go for a wrong choice.choice. Pls who has an idea of what fcmb pay for there indirect staff looks like. i will appreciate your contributions.
Re: Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by walix2005: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2015
why not start the IPNX pending the time u see what fcmb want to offer u.
pls d ipnx job, is it for the interview that hold last week Thursday at u connect?
Re: Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by vkonkwo: 8:18am On Feb 03, 2015
no ours was last two weeks
Re: Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
Call center agents
It think the working hours are the same
2 days each in shifts and 2 days off.
There is likely that the pay may almost be the same.

Your consideration should be the possible work location, cost of transport/relocation etc.

I don't know much about INPX but generally banking call agent are customers care staff working in their call centers. So if you are ABSOLUTE Sure of the FCMB offer letter, is it worth waiting for but if not, a bird in hands is better than thousands in the bush.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 03, 2015
Get the other offer letter first.. we can't really advise you accordingly without knowing the content of both offer letters..
Re: Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose by dvibes: 11:09am On Feb 03, 2015
Guy, a lot of pple are running from Bank contract job because there are chances that you will be there for a long time without being promoted. After 3-5 years down d line, you will be laid off so as to get fresh and younger graduate. Am not telling u what i hear. Its what is happening. I work in an Old generation bank. I also know whats going on in other banks. FCMB might be offering you a little more than IPNX now but thats for life with no guarantee of conversion to full staff.

Its a good careerpush to start work with IPNX ... i have being to their office in Ikeja and once had a friend there.
With work schedule in IPNX, you can still sneak out to attend other interviews and prospective opportunity.
Your case is a decision btw long term & short term achievement.

FCMB is a short term achievement at the long run ... IPNX is a Long term achievement at the short run
All these are my opinion though ...

But the decision is still yours to make... Pray about it

Congratulations wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Field Support Engineer - Mechanical & Electrical / Direction Please / Complete Parking Services Job Recruitment 2017 (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.