Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? (6440 Views)

How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex / For Your POP Ceiling, Wall/deck Screeding, ARK & PILLAR Design / For Your POP Ceiling, Wall/deck Screeding, ARK & PILLAR Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by oshuikpu: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2015
Please help. I poured the deck of my building on the 17th of January, 2015. However, I needed to use the woods elsewhere, so I dismantled the entire bamboos and woods on the 31st of January, 2015 which is 14 days later. I must confess that I didn't inform my builder before removing the deck materials. My builder saw it yesterday and said that the period allowed before it can be dismantled is 21 days. Now Im really worried so I will like structural and civil engineers to tell me the implication of this with all sincerity. I intend to start the block work for the 1st floor in one month from now. lipsrsealed

Tnx.
Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by eghosajohnny: 11:18am On Feb 03, 2015
oshuikpu:
Please help. I poured the deck of my building on the 17th of January, 2015. However, I needed to use the woods elsewhere, so I dismantled the entire bamboos and woods on the 31st of January, 2015 which is 14 days later. I must confess that I didn't inform my builder before removing the deck materials. My builder saw it yesterday and said that the period allowed before it can be dismantled is 21 days. Now Im really worried so I will like structural and civil engineers to tell me the implication of this with all sincerity. I intend to start the block work for the 1st floor in one month from now. lipsrsealed

Tnx.

Its ok but hope the cement is hard enough and for now you haven't add on the decking so it ok
Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by ejikeme(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
with proper curing process, the specified duration is 21 days.
i just hope you have loaded the floor with block work..

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by oshuikpu: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2015
No, I have not started the block work on the deck. The deck is currently empty and I intend to leave it like that for the next 4 weeks.
Tnx.
Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by ejikeme(m): 11:40am On Feb 04, 2015
oshuikpu:
No, I have not started the block work on the deck. The deck is currently empty and I intend to leave it like that for the next 4 weeks.
Tnx.

alright. hope you do spray it water daily.
Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by oshuikpu: 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
I guess I have been misguided by people who knew nothing about decks.
After pouring the deck, I asked how long I need to water it and I was told two days. So I watered it for just two days and stopped.
Is it worth it to continue watering it again after leaving it unwatered for 12 days? If yes, for how long again should I water it?
Honestly, Im beginning to fear this building. Any further advice will help because Im just confused.
Tnx.
Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by ejikeme(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
i won't say misguided. if it were during raining season, two days is ok and let the nature take course with the rain.
but if it were dry season, i spray my work seven straight days.

thats me. some other people may have different opinion.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Deck Be Left Before Dismatling The Bamboos And Woods? by olurufi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16
Hi pls, my decking was 80% completed and the mixer operators they will continue the following day. Is that not a bad consequences for this. Pls advice

(1) (Reply)

A roommate needed in chevron, Lekki. / Atima Affordable Building Plans Solutions / The Erecting journey of 2stories building of 12 flats by Arbo Contractor Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.