Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. (1333 Views)

7 Deaths That Shocked Nigerian Football In 2016 / Nigeria Football League Match In 1978. Throwback Photo / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by 2pence(m): 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
I congratulate the Super Flying Eagles as they emerged champions of the 2015 Super six tournament. I call them Super Flying Eagles because I foresee them becoming the future of Nigeria football. I watched all there matches and all I can say is that it was never a fluke that they won the U17 championship back in 2013. What I saw was boys with a lot of determination with so much urge to excel and given to the fact that they are still young men they will certainly go far. For those that don't know the Flying Eagles defeated Nigerian champions Kano Pillars, former African champions, Enyimba and CAF Confederations Cup contenders, Dolphins and Warri Wolves in the opening four games to secure an unassailable 12 points and even lifted the trophy before there last game with Dream Team which also ended in a competitive 3 - 3 draw. To me that is a commendable performance and deserves applauding. One very remarkable thing about this team is that i noticed it was very easy for them to ease past these acclaimed big names of Nigeria football even without the regulars like Kelechi Iheanacho and Nwakili.

The future of the Nigeria football will indeed come from this team if they remain focus. As they leave for Senegal to participate in the Africa Youth Championship U20 qualifiers, I honestly do not see any team stopping them in Africa or at the world cup. I hate to single out players because the game of football is about team work and what validates any teams performance depends on the input of every player on the pitch but I must admit that players like Awoniyi ,Chidera Ezeh and Obinna Nwobodo where really exceptional and perfectly showed extreme maturity and class. Obinna Nwobodo is indeed a fantastic player and a complete box to box midfielder that can dissolve any team with his killer passes and compact play. If that man can detect standings and possess the ball in a match that parades giants like Dolphin,Kano Pillars, Enyimba and Warri Wolves Fc then I think it shows that the future of Nigeria football should be directed towards this team. Infact I propose we continue to monitor the progress of this current boys in the Flying Eagles because they are un-arguably the way forward to Nigeria Football. I am overwhelm by what i saw from this team and i think Coach Manu Garba deserves praise for the feat he has achieved with this team. I hope they continue to stay focused and make our country proud as future Super Eagles Players!

The flying Eagles is Super.

Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by Segadem(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
This kind of sport article will not make it to front page for everybody to give credit to our gallant SUPER Flying Eagles ,but if it's apc vs pdp or Funke Akindele kisses Flavour, na sharp sharp with speed of light e go take enter front page.

1 Like

Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by ajf(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2015
I just love this team....
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by lexyman(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
These boys are beauty to watch....if anyone noticed their game against Kano pillars ...they frustrated Rabiu Ali the home based midfielder of the super eagles .in-fact they controlled the game from the beginning to the end . I pray that luck should be on their side ...truly the super eagles have a very bright future .
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
If we can get things right, I believe that in the year 2018,we can win the world cup with coach manu garba and his technical crew..
To start with, they will deliver the u-20 nations cup and bring back the coveted u-20 world cup back to naija..
These lads are the future of Nigeria football...
When these things come to pass, don't forget to quote me..
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
Segadem:
This kind of sport article will not make it to front page for everybody to give credit to our gallant SUPER Flying Eagles ,but if it's apc vs pdp or Funke Akindele kisses Flavour, na sharp sharp with speed of light e go take enter front page.
Sometime I wonder how some threads make front page. I discovered that there is discrimination on NL..
Some guys and girls are fellow students of the mods in their university or they are their tribesmen..
You will see my point clearly on the romance sections..
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by Ajibel(m): 6:18am On Feb 04, 2015
Obviously, some of you dont follow Nigerian league. The flying eagles have been together training for many months whereas Enyimba, Dolphins started training for the super6 a few days before the tourney.
The U20s are good, no doubt, but the lack of match fitness from the clubs made their job easy.
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by taiocol: 7:05am On Feb 04, 2015
if my wolves, enyimba and pillars could sign at least three of them. then we can talk Of a better future. soon there will be scattered across Europe
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by 2pence(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ajibel:
Obviously, some of you dont follow Nigerian league. The flying eagles have been together training for many months whereas Enyimba, Dolphins started training for the super6 a few days before the tourney.
The U20s are good, no doubt, but the lack of match fitness from the clubs made their job easy.
I follow Nigerian league very well, most of the U20 players are from the league like Obinna Nwobodo who plays for Enugu Rangers, How can you even cite lack of fitness as an excuse ?what about the dream team ? are they not professional footballers ? Football is about focus and determination... Dolphins had giants in there back four ,so called experienced men but yet those boys gave them trouble from start to finish. Clearly said those guys where just that good.
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by Ajibel(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
2pence:
How can you even cite lack of fitness as an excuse ?what about the dream team ? are they not professional footballers

Guy, you be learner as Ive seen from this quoted post. You also didnt know that is why this tournament was organised. It's because of 1. Test the preparation of the clubs (fitness level) 2. Allow clubs to try their new players.
Before the tourney began, Enyimba said they are not in it to win buh to get back into shape (fitness) so man, you cant know berra than the Enyimba trainers.
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by terzurum5(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls don't forget that south Africa's senior team is dominated by their U-20 team. Flying eagles are good but their quality will surely come to good test when they square against the south Africans.
Re: I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles. by 2pence(m): 3:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ajibel:

Guy, you be learner as Ive seen from this quoted post. You also didnt know that is why this tournament was organised. It's because of 1. Test the preparation of the clubs (fitness level) 2. Allow clubs to try their new players.
Before the tourney began, Enyimba said they are not in it to win buh to get back into shape (fitness) so man, you cant know berra than the Enyimba trainers.

Have you followed the progress of that team from U17 ? If you did you would understand that team is indeed the future of Nigeria Football- How many losses have they recorded ? Coming here to tell me Enyimba is not Fit ? That team was without the likes of Iheanacho, Nwakili ,Alampasu and about 3 other key players. They deserve some credit man. I know football and I follow facts.

(1) (Reply)

Ars Vs Man U ,see As 15k Enter Water(pics) / Rugby World Cup Chempionship / Lukaku Scoring Days Are Becoming Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.