Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

10 Stds Everyone Should Know About - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About (1867 Views)

5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / Ruzu Bitters;Natures's Miracle: Cure Diabetes, Infertility, Weak Attention, Stds / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by LLVelly: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
STD's or sexually transmitted diseases are infections transmitted through sexual contact.

1) Chlamydia: chlamydia is a bacteria STD that is transmitted when one has (oral,vaginal or anal) sex with a person who has chlamydia. This infection often doesn't even manifest symptoms in many people,while in some others,it may take several weeks to show. Some of the symptons that men affected with chlamydia show are: pain when urinating,penile discharge & swollen testicles. The reason this is a persistent problem is that,even though symptons disappear,the infection still remains -putting both partners at risk. Therefore,the infection needs to be treated at the earliest.

2) Gonorrhoea: is a bacteria infection that can affect the anus,throat or urethra. It is transmitted through anal,oral and /or vaginal sex with an infected person. Symptons include: pain when urinating, a green/white/yellow discharge from the pennis & swollen testicles. Treatment often given for gonorrhoea is also curative for chlamydia,as both these disease usually occur together.

3) Trichomoniasis: many men and women infected with this don't even display symptons and as with chlamydia & Gonorrhoea, may not even know that they are infected. Incase it does not manifest itself in symptions,it typically causes urethris-itching or burning,and discharge from the urethra.

4) HIV: perhaps the most feared STD in the world,and justifiably so while sexual contact is one of the prime factors, HIV,however,can also be transmitted through sharing of needles or from an infected pregnant woman to her baby, the virus ultimately causes disfunction of the entire body's immune systems at a later point in time. The time taken to go from infection to immune dysfunction is usually about 10years. HIV can manifest itself in the infected person through fever or flu-like illness which surface 2 to 4 weeks after contracting the virus. Today numerous medications are available to help people manage the infection.

5)Herpes: The Herpes Simplex Viruses (HSVs) cause painful,blistering sores on exposed parts of the body and are transmited through any kind of sexual contact. Like in other STDs,it is possible for people with herpes to not display any symptons. In men, the sores can be found on the pennis,buttocks,scrotum,anus,inside the urethra or on the skin of the thighs. The sores of oral herpes occur through kissing. HSV infections are not curable and persists for life,outbreaks can be soothed to an extent by antiviral medication.

6) Genital warts: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is a common STD. It is believed that over 75% of sexually active people have been affected with genital warts. Symptons if they do occur,include lesions-which appear as soft,flesh bumps on the surface of the anus or pennis. While vaccines & treatments are available,the body is usually knowm to cure itself of the HPV infection.

7) Hepatitis B: caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), Hepatitis B is particularly dangerous,this STD can cause inflammation of the liver. One can contract HBV by comming in contact with the blood or bodily fluids of a person who has the infection. Common symptons include: loss of appetite,low grade fever,nausea and vomiting,muscle & joint aches & jaundice plus dark-coloured urine.

cool Syphilis: its a bacteria that can be transmitted through anal,oral or vaginal sex. Syphilis may set in through four stages: if the first is untreated,secondary syphilis can develop causing the infection to spread to other organs. After this stage,some people may develop a latent infection for years. Finally,resulting in tertiary syphilis(which can cause brain infection,loss of sight & deafness). Fortunately,syphilis is curable with proper antibiotics.

Please note it is important for anyone who is sexually active to go for STDtests every six months,especially if you have multiple partners, or have had sex without protection.

Shout out to my health section Queen #Isotonic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good one but @ your topic "only men?"

Keep it up and thanks for sharing smiley
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by LLVelly: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nah,please can u help me with a perfect word so I can modify it.
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
LLVelly:
Nah,please can u help me with a perfect word so I can modify it.
Quote me next time so I can get your mention, just say everyone, remove the "men"

Add your source too smiley
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by LLVelly: 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
isotonic:
Quote me next time so I can get your mention, just say everyone, remove the "men"

please help me construct the topic then

1 Like

Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
LLVelly:

please help me construct the topic then
Lol ok
10 STD's Everyone Should Know About
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by LLVelly: 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
isotonic:
Lol ok
10 STD's Everyone Should Know About
Yeah thas cool;-)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by LLVelly: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
isotonic:

LONGEST TIME

1 Like

Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Redoil: 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
@op what about E-coli
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Obinoscopy(m): 3:59am On Mar 04, 2015
Redoil:
@op what about E-coli
E Coli isn't a Sexually Transmitted Infection
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by Redoil: 5:25am On Mar 04, 2015
Obinoscopy:
E Coli isn't a Sexually Transmitted Infection
my dare it is. Though it can be contacted thru food meat and water but it is also an std. Most bacteria that causes urinary track infection are mostly sexually transmitted.
Re: 10 Stds Everyone Should Know About by YabaLeftist: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2015
Badass diseases.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria / Energy Drink, What's Your Take? / The 3 Shocking Side Effects Of Every Drugs We've Been Taking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.