Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Nigerian, Anthony Oseyemi To Anchor M-nets Survivor Africa - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian, Anthony Oseyemi To Anchor M-nets Survivor Africa (2731 Views)

Channels TV Anchor's Phone Rang On Live TV (Photos) / News-Anchor’s Daughter Interrupts Live Broadcast / Ije Nets N47m From Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian, Anthony Oseyemi To Anchor M-nets Survivor Africa by Greycells(m): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2006
Pan African pay TV content providers, M-Net have named twenty nine year old Anthony Oseyemi as the presenter for its high impact continental television programme, Survivor Africa.

Anthony Oseyemi is tough. He’s smart, he’s fit and he has an abiding sense of adventure. That is why he has been specifically selected by M-Net as the man to be the face of their gritty continental reality series.

Of Nigerian descent, Anthony Oluwakayode Oseyemi has won the coveted role as the host of SURVIVOR AFRICA on M-NET, a role that sees him in action in Panama as the show gets underway. Though he was born and raised in the UK, Anthony’s heart is as African as his ancestry and belongs firmly to the continent that he now calls home.

When asked about his role on SURVIVOR AFRICA, Anthony says, “When I was selected as the host for Survivor Africa I was honored because as the host I got to represent Africa. I am proud of my African heritage, it is an undeniable part of who I am, it inspires me, it drives me and it definitely makes me who I am.’’

A multi-talented personality whose list of accomplishments includes stints as producer, director, writer and performer, Anthony took on the role of SURVIVOR AFRICA host when the show began production earlier in the year. Fans will see him on the small screen from September 3 when M-NET screens the first episode of SURVIVOR AFRICA.

But just how does Anthony feel about the SURVIVOR AFRICA series? The 5ft, 8in tall Anthony says he feels great excitement at, “the endless possibilities of the participants and what they bring individually and collectively” to the show.

With an honors degree in Performing Arts from the University of North London, Anthony’s international television credits include work for the BBC (Holby and Kerching), ITV (The Bill) and Channel 4 (Viva Liberty).

But the achievement that Anthony is most proud of is deciding what to do with his life because he says “there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.” This is perhaps good advice that Anthony can pass on to the contestants of SURVIVOR AFRICA as they battle to find their way to the show’s USD 100 000 (13 Million Naira) prize!

According to Head of Operations for M-Net in Africa Joseph Hundah, Anthony’s selection for the role mirrors M-NET’s ideals for the show.

“We wanted a reality show that took an international format and added Africa’s own unique signature to it. Anthony is, in fact, a very human symbol of this combination – a global citizen with African roots. The fact that he is authoritative, calm and commands attention in difficult, challenging situations which are fuelled by emotion and adrenaline, are just more reasons for his natural selection to this role.”

Currently working on recording an album in South Africa, it is no wonder then that Anthony quotes one of history’s greatest music talents Bob Marley as his role model.
“Everything he said was positive until the day he died. He used his music to bring change and understanding amongst people. Everyone in the world knows who he is and what he stands for and stood for.”

According to information from Segun Fayose of MultiChoice Nigeria, everyone in the world might not know Anthony Oseyemi yet but for fans of SURVIVOR AFRICA ON M-NET, he’s going to be unmissable!
QUICK FACTS ON ANTHONY OSEYEMI –

Height: 5ft, 8in
Date of Birth: 17.01.77 (Capricorn)
Speaks: English and Yoruba
Favourite Movies: Usual Suspects, He Got Game, Malcolm X, The Matrix
Favourite Actors/Actresses: Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Meryl Streep
Favourite Musician/singer: Marvin Gaye
Role Model: Bob Marley
Favourite Foods: Chicken & lamb
Favourite TV Program: ER
Qualification: Degree in Performing Arts (BA) Hons from University of North London
What makes him happy: Experiencing life, achieving his goals
Motto: Life is once!
Single or Married: In a relationship.

Re: Nigerian, Anthony Oseyemi To Anchor M-nets Survivor Africa by Oracle(m): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2006
That is one cute guy

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Get To Download The Movie Awilo Sharp Sharp? / Why Pastors Are Talking About ‘scandal’ And Olivia Pope In Their Churches / List Of Top Nollywood Actresses And Their S*X Scandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.