Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. (562 Views)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / Reviews please: Do I Have Issues On This Website I Developed? / Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. by Tunby(m): 7:53am On Feb 04, 2015
Good day web gurus.I wanted to get a domain(.com) name for my first website last week but I discovered that it has been taken already.However, the domain is not being used.It's just there for sale(bid).I had to bid about 1000usd for me to get to the next stage of application.Truth is I do not have that kind of money to pay for a domain. I love that name and would not want to tweak it as it'll be difficult having to explain to people how to spell the name.People will always accidentally land on the other website.Please what can I do?
Re: The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. by CreativeWeb(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2015
Use the .com.ng of the name OR add ng to the end of the name and get it in .com

For instance, if the name is business.com, you can use businessng.com
Re: The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. by iykepromotions: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
@ op creativeweb is right however if you're in dire need of that domain name, contact the owner privately and negotiate with him. you can get his or her contact details by visiting whois.com and type in the domain name in the box over there. all his contact details will be revealed including when that domain name was registered and when it's set to expire. mail him directly and open negotiation with him. you never can tell you may buy that domain name more cheaper than you think. goodluck
Re: The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. by Tunby(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Thanks guys.@iykepromotions, I just checked the site you mentioned and I have the persons details.However, I noticed the expiry date of the website is April 9th.Do you think i should still contact the person or I should wait and see if the site will be renewed or not?
Re: The Website I Want Has Been Parked.please Advice Me. by iykepromotions: 12:48am On Feb 05, 2015
Tunby:
Thanks guys.@iykepromotions, I just checked the site you mentioned and I have the persons details.However, I noticed the expiry date of the website is April 9th.Do you think i should still contact the person or I should wait and see if the site will be renewed or not?
there's more than that april than u think. after april 9th as you said, his domain registrar will still give him a grace of 45 days. if after that 45 days he failed to renew it, the domain name will be expired, deleted and available for registration so it's left for you if you can proceed to contact him now or not.

(1) (Reply)

Free Website Development Training Live In Ajah Area Of Lekki. / If You Are Good In Writing Of Articles Then I Need To Show You This..... / Request Free Premium Wordpress Themes/Plugins, Blogger Templates and Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.