Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? (1862 Views)

Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / 28 Year Old Mother Dumps New Born Baby In A Nylon Bag On The Street (photo) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2015
[size=15pt]Horrific moment pregnant Chinese woman gives birth in wheelchair as she is pushed into delivery room - but baby dies after being dragged along floor because nurses didn't notice[/size]

Chinese baby boy died after suffering fatal head injuries at birth
Mother was being wheeled to surgery when she gave birth in chair
Newborn boy was dragged along the floor on its head several feet
CCTV captured incident at hospital in Henan Province, central China

A baby boy died after he was born while his mother was being taken into surgery in a wheelchair and nurses accidentally dragged the newborn along the floor.

The boy suffered fatal head injuries when his mother gave birth while in the wheelchair, and he was pulled along on his head for several feet before medical staff noticed.

The baby's mother, Shang Shao, 45, had been rushed to hospital in Luoyang City in central China's Henan province, and was already in labour when she was taken into surgery.

Accidental birth: The mother is being wheeled into surgery when she gives birth to the boy, left, without medical staff at the hospital in central China noticing

Ms Shang was only seven months pregnant when her water broke, and she was taken to hospital by her partner Pan Mai, 46.

Despite already being in labour, a doctor decided Ms Shang needed a caesarean and she was placed in a chair to be wheeled into surgery.

Ms Shang was captured on CCTV as she gives birth to the boy while sitting in the wheelchair, and medical staff failing to notice the baby still attached by the umbilical cord.

The baby boy is then dragged on his head along the floor, as unsuspecting staff continue pushing Ms Shang down the hall before noticing a trail of blood.

Horror: The baby is still attached by the umbilical cord when he is dragged on his head down the corridor

Too late: Medical staff rushed to the baby's aid after discovering a trail of blood behind the wheelchair

Tragedy: The baby suffered fatal head injuries and died soon after from intracranial hematomas

The baby's familyis now looking to sue the hospital in Luoyang City in central China

A hospital spokesman said: 'The baby was taken into intensive care but died soon after of intracranial hematomas, a rupturing of a blood vessel between the skull and the brain.

'The doctor who suggested she be given a caesarean has been suspended from duty.He was inexperienced and should have consulted a senior doctor.

'The nurses taking the mother have been disciplined as they should not have moved her in a wheelchair. They have been demoted and given a warning.

'This was a terrible incident and our hearts go out to the family.'

The family is now looking to sue the hospital and the baby's father Mr Pan said: 'This is the most traumatic day of our lives.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937694/Newborn-baby-suffers-fatal-head-injuries-s-dragged-head-Chinese-woman-gives-birth-wheeled-delivery-room-nurses-fail-notice.html
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:59am On Feb 04, 2015
As an expecting dad, I blame it on the nurses...

These women are in excruciating pain and the only thing they are thinking is how to offload the baby inside them. The nurses should be extra careful in how to handle them and most importantly, someone monitoring the babe passage as they transport the pregnant women...

This is so sad.

My heart goes to the poor family for their loss.
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by 5minsmadness: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2015
Why was the doctor given a more severe punishment than the nurses?
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by adanduka: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
As an expecting dad, I blame it on the nurses...

These women are in excruciating pain and the only thing they are thinking is how to offload the baby inside them. The nurses should be extra careful in how to handle them and most importantly, someone monitoring the babe passage as they transport the pregnant women...

This is so sad.

My heart goes to the poor family for their loss.

Must you comment? grin grin
I see wink
Anyway, back to topic, I can't believe this could happen in a hospital in China. Even our village midwives could have handled this situation better.
From my observation in some hospitals in Nigeria, some nurses are so used to seeing pregnant women in labour that they are immune to their screams and words. They are just cold.
These nurses should be fired and then flogged. cry

1 Like

Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2015
adanduka:

Must you comment? grin grin
I see wink
Anyway, back to topic, I can't believe this could happen in a hospital in China. Even our village midwives could have handled this situation better.
From my observation in some hospitals in Nigeria, some nurses are so used to seeing pregnant women in labour that they are immune to their screams and words. They are just cold .
These nurses should be fired and then flogged. cry

You nailed it right there.
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2015
5minsmadness:
Why was the doctor given a more severe punishment than the nurses?

Because she would have been delivered normally as she finally did.

1 Like

Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by ArchEnemy(m): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2015
An unfortunate incident.
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by 5minsmadness: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
nurses, tufia! worst people in the medical field. i thought this was peculiar to only Nigerian nurses!
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by KanwuliaJara: 1:40am On Feb 05, 2015
The fault of 'God' only.
The family has the right to sue. All depends on who gets the better lawyers to twist 'things' around.
Next time, the woman should wear HER PANT before leaving the house.
Simple. kiss

Boy! Poor baby.
But her poohsie must have been so wide. Dang! lipsrsealed

*See how clean and professional the staff and hospital look! I pity Africa. Twa!* embarassed
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by cococandy(f): 3:11am On Feb 05, 2015
I guess they should have placed her in a stretcher instead of a wheelchair.

Poor child.

1 Like

Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:35am On Feb 05, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
The fault of 'God' only.
The family has the right to sue. All depends on who gets the better lawyers to twist 'things' around.
Next time, the woman should wear HER PANT before leaving the house.
Simple. kiss

Boy! Poor baby.
But her poohsie must have been so wide. Dang! lipsrsealed

*See how clean and professional the staff and hospital look! I pity Africa. Twa!* embarassed

HA!!!!!!!!! Madam Kulikuli
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
cococandy:
I guess they should have placed her in a stretcher instead of a wheelchair.

Poor child.

Thank You!

That is one thing I am so sure they do in Gbagada general Hospital as I have experienced it twice there... They use stretchers and not some wheel chairs when going into the theater.
Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by freecocoa(f): 8:42am On Feb 05, 2015
This is heartbreaking, how useless are those nurses? Very avoidable death.

1 Like

Re: Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? by breadplanets(f): 11:25am On Feb 05, 2015
Sorry o make the people wey don born no vex but wont the woman have felt when the baby is about to come out or when it comes out? Is it that painless or was the baby that tiny?

(1) (Reply)

Are Men Threatened By Women / Is Your Parents A Busybody / Children Wrote Vicious Obituary For Their Late Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.