Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) (1483 Views)

See Reasons Bible Said: Do Not Judge! / Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc / Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by omonnakoda: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
"But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9"Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10"Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.…

Why do Nigerians go about calling their pastors "DADDY" ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by ephemm(m): 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
I no know ooo

They have fforgotten about the One in heaven and focus only on their pastors on earth

awon dindinrin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by bingbagbo(m): 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
some even call others 'spiritual father'

can u imagine? lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
"But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9"Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10"Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.…

from the scripture you quoted, it means therefore that even the one who brought to this world is included. imagine Pharisees on Nairaland finding faults for no reasons claiming they know the bible. make I hear say u non call your papa father, yeye dey smell.
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by omonnakoda: 1:30am On Feb 05, 2015
asuustrike2009:

from the scripture you quoted, it means therefore that even the one who brought to this world is included. imagine Pharisees on Nairaland finding faults for no reasons claiming they know the bible. make I hear say u non call your papa father, yeye dey smell.
Myy papa? ah ah . On top Nairaland thread? Guy check very well abeg . No be everybody you go just open ya mouth dey yarn anyha. no be so. I take god beg you.
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
Myy papa? ah ah . On top Nairaland thread? Guy check very well abeg . No be everybody you go just open ya mouth dey yarn anyha. no be so. I take god beg you.
then stop misquoting the scriptures .
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
then stop misquoting the scriptures .a father is a father period, non dey form anything. if u non like some pastors because dem dey call dem papa, go ask d pipo and not d pastors. look at the meaning of a father before judging. make I hear say you non greet your papa "good morning papa"
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by omonnakoda: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2015
asuustrike2009:

then stop misquoting the scriptures .a father is a father period, non dey form anything. if u non like some pastors because dem dey call dem papa, go ask d pipo and not d pastors. look at the meaning of a father before judging. make I hear say you non greet your papa "good morning papa"
Your mother is a dog and will die of cancer
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your mother is a dog and will die of cancer
same with your mother. instead of coming out plain you result to insult because I ask u simple question. if you like continue with your foolish lies that will not change anything. I only pit for Christians that fall this trap sent from the pit of hell.
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by MrPresident1: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
omonnakoda:

The reason Nigerians call their pastors 'Daddy' is because they see these men of God as the representatives of God. It is a deeply ingrained unconscious thing dating back to our days when we were the apple of God's eye, those days before we rebelled against God (we corrupted ourselves into idolatry) and He chased us, the Negroes (original Israelites of the Bible) out of the land of Israel.

God is the Father, but He speaks through men; those men are God Himself.
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by limamintruth: 7:17am On Feb 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
Omonnakoda's mother is a dog and will die of cancer
tongue
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by oaroloye(m): 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
SHALOM!

omonnakoda:

I have just watched a very interesting video: THE ULTIMATE HISTORY LESSON, by John Taylor Gatto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8f7ycnUtU (5: 47 hour)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzrBkw0gK4 (4:18 hour sped up)

HE TALKED ABOUT THE STRATEGY OF THE UNITARIAN CHURCH- a heretical Christian Movement.

They would join a Church until they were in the majority, then vote the church out of existence, then reopen it as a Unitarian church!

These traitors are clearly Undercover Roman Catholics.

Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by oaroloye(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
SHALOM!

asuustrike2009:

That is exactly what we do.

For which we pay the expected price, when we have unbelieving parents.

. MATTHEW 10:34-36.

34. "Think not that I am come
to send Peace on Earth:
I came not to send Peace,
but a Sword.
35. "For I am come to set a man
at variance against his father,
and the daughter against her mother,
and the daughter-in-law
against her mother-in-law.
36. "And a man's foes shall be
they of his own household."
Re: Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) by Zeddicuz(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
d OP is devood of basic scriptural undastanding,d same bible sed give honor to whom honor is due,if u dnt knw,honor and reverence to superiors is a basic teaching of d bible,so therez ntin wrong in calling a pastor daddy or father,.Apostle paul was a father to timothy.

(1) (Reply)

The Groundbreaking Artists Challenging Religion Through Art / God Speaks To Me. / VIDEO: Watch What Sunday Adelaja Said About TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.