Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Construction Journal 2 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Construction Journal 2 (15941 Views)

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
I earlier opened a thread for this but couldn't find it again. I searched to no avail.

I narrated my Kwara countryhome construction journal here (https://www.nairaland.com/784501/jarus-countryhome-journal)

Sometime last year, after bringing the Kwara project to good shape, I decided to have a go at sacking my landlord in Lagos too.

This thread is to share experience on this second house.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
I bought a plot of land for 2.5m (exclusive of agreement and other fees) somewhere in Ajah axis in Lagos, and shared into two halves with my brother.

The dimension of the one plot land is 120 by 60, shared into two halves of 120 by 30.

The goal is to do a 3 bedroom flat and a self-contain BQ at the back on my own half plot.

4 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
First

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
second

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
third

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Adesiji77: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Well done Jarus smiley
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by mufutau55(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jarus:
I earlier opened a thread for this but couldn't find it again. I searched to no avail.
I narrated my Kwara countryhome construction journal here (https://www.nairaland.com/784501/jarus-countryhome-journal)
Sometime last year, after bringing the Kwara project to good shape, I decided to have a go at sacking my landlord in Lagos too.
This thread is to share experience on this second house.

I think we the "Old-Timers" remembered your earlier threads both the first (in Kwara) and the second (in Lagos).
Your thread was lost because we had a disaster in nairaland whereby some data were destroyed...
So welcome back, and give us good documentation and pictures. Thank you.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by IDEApro(m): 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Following with knee interestgrin
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by menix(m): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2015
Begs security to allow mii peep frm d door..
Buys chewing stick for d duration of d show..

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Acidosis(m): 6:29am On Feb 06, 2015
Following Sir smiley
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by rufychuks: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
I have alwats followed you, Spyder and mufutau's construction threads. I hope to learn more as usual.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by baba11(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Following......
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
After the foundation

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Another view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
Little by little

2 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by agrovick(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2015
Jarus:
Little by little
Hi, if it's not too much trouble, I will like to mail. I need guidance though it's not related to construction.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 18, 2015
Spread my mat with Kunu and pop corn, following bumper 2 bumper.... cool

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by prince2blinks(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
what type of house re u building is it a bungalow.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by aishaquest(f): 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:
Little by little

This is interesting. Is there no wood construction in Nigeria? I've noticed everything, even the inside walls, are done in brick. I've heard from others that this is common. Here in the US, even those structures with brick outer walls have wood framed inside walls. Is it cost, unavailability of materials, stronger construction, just the way it's done there, or what? Just wondering.

Congratulations btw. This will be a nice place when done. smiley
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
aishaquest:

This is interesting. Is there no wood construction in Nigeria? I've noticed everything, even the inside walls, are done in brick. I've heard from others that this is common. Here in the US, even those structures with brick outer walls have wood framed inside walls. Is it cost, unavailability of materials, stronger construction, just the way it's done there, or what? Just wondering.

Congratulations btw. This will be a nice place when done. smiley

Thanks.

I think this is the common building system in Nigeria. Maybe some mega-rich guys in Ikoyi use the America-style wood etc.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
prince2blinks:
what type of house re u building is it a bungalow.

Yes, a 3 bedroom bungalow. There is a plan for BQ at the back but that one has not started.

I wanted something I can finish within one year or less.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Recent pics

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Current stage

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Another view

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
I brought it to this stage within 2 months.

Although the land was bought in February last year, we didn't start until late December 2014, 2 months ago.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Costs so far is about 4m (land cost and omo Onile fees exclusive)
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by prince0001: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Great job you're doing and congratulations..... Am just curious to know how much you purchased this plot of land. Am also thinking of getting the same size around Ajah axis and do you also have any link as to how I can purchase one.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by aishaquest(f): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:

Thanks.

I think this is the common building system in Nigeria. Maybe some mega-rich guys in Ikoyi use the America-style wood etc.

Hmmm...most homes in the US are wood frame structures. It is not something for only the mega rich. The logging industry is a huge here. I guess lumber is more readily available and less expensive here.

Here in the US you would have to be mega rich to afford a house built this way. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
prince0001:
Great job you're doing and congratulations..... Am just curious to know how much you purchased this plot of land. Am also thinking of getting the same size around Ajah axis and do you also have any link as to how I can purchase one.

1 plot of land for 2.5m. Exclusive of agency and agreement which we have not finalized but may be up to 300k.

I shared it into two half-plots with my brother. So I'm doing this on half-plot.

That said, a plot generally sells for between 4-6m in this area. I got mine that cheap because of my familiarity with the elders of the community having lived around the place for 6 years now as a tenant. I play football with their children and all that, so i've become more or less indigene (omo Onile myself). I got it directly from Baale (head of community).

I have paid 250k to omo Onile so far.

6 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Kazrem(m): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:

1 plot of land for 2.5m. Exclusive of agency and agreement which we have not finalized but may be up to 300k.

I shared it into two half-plots with my brother. So I'm doing this on half-plot.

That said, a plot generally sells for between 4-6m in this area. I got mine that cheap because of my familiarity with the elders of the community having lived around the place for 6 years now as a tenant. I play football with their children and all that, so i've become more or less indigene (omo Onile myself). I got it directly from Baale (head of community).

I have paid 250k to omo Onile so far.
May Allah complete it for you. Is it oke ira nla, kekere, langbasa or Ado. I come from ado but have brothers, sisters and friends in oke ira nla and langbasa

3 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by tsiriman(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:
third

Hello sir God is making you bigger and bigger. One in kwara and another in Lagos. Weldone

Please how much is the cost of the foundation because I'm planning on buying abd building on a waterlogged land but i want to have an idea of how much it will cost to do a raft foundation like this. Please how much did the foundation only cost.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biofil Toilet Digester An Alternative To Septic Tank In Flush System / OkoPoly Three Storey Building Collapses At The Permanent Site / Warehouse For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.