Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Inter University Transfer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Inter University Transfer (1662 Views)

LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / Inter University Transfer To Unilorin 2016/2017 / LASU Sails At The Inter-university Environment(green) Debate By SAEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter University Transfer by agbajesaid(m): 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Please does anyone know any University that does inter University transfer in Nigeria especially for Medicine.
Re: Inter University Transfer by jejemanito: 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't think it is advisable. My opinion tho

Cc: crazyman tanimola22 scrypt
Re: Inter University Transfer by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bros, the cost and stress of doing it alone is not worth it, imagine the stress a DE student goes through to register plus other courses you may be asked to take up since your former uni didn't take it, the cause may just be pyrrhic. You manage to get admitted, you begin to ask for transfer of your grades or transcript from your former school, men, it's not worth it abeg. angry
Re: Inter University Transfer by agbajesaid(m): 6:06am On Feb 06, 2015
Scrypt:
Bros, the cost and stress of doing it alone is not worth it, imagine the stress a DE student goes through to register plus other courses you may be asked to take up since your former uni didn't take it, the cause may just be pyrrhic. You manage to get admitted, you begin to ask for transfer of your grades or transcript from your former school, men, it's not worth it abeg. angry
thanks. All those transcript issue na small thing but is there any University that admits transfer student. I want to start my clinicals in another School, i wanna transfer from OAU
Re: Inter University Transfer by Idyllic: 6:31am On Feb 06, 2015
Why do you want to transfer from OAU?
Re: Inter University Transfer by agbajesaid(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2015
Idyllic:
Why do you want to transfer from OAU?
nothing. Just wanna leave the environment
Re: Inter University Transfer by CrazyMan(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2015
agbajesaid:
Please does anyone know any University that does inter University transfer in Nigeria especially for Medicine.
Bro its impossible. Even inter faculty transfer eg chemical engineering (faculty of Engineering) to industrial chemistry (faculty of science) is very strenuous. You would have to keep shuttling the two faculties every now and then, you must ensure that your file has been moved from the old faculty to the new one, you must keep pestering the student affairs unit for your new reg number that carries the new faculty's code, also you may be asked to rewrite some courses in your new faculty...etc.

Now to your question. Inter university transfer is just a word you see on your university guideline book...it doesn't exist or should I say Nigerian universities do not practice it.

The only transfer I witnessed in all my years in the university was that of DE (direct entry) students.

The best option for you would be to continue in OAU. There's no need putting yourself through unnecessary stress that would yield zero results at the end of the day.
Re: Inter University Transfer by agbajesaid(m): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2015
CrazyMan:

Bro its impossible. Even inter faculty transfer eg chemical engineering (faculty of Engineering) to industrial chemistry (faculty of science) is very strenuous. You would have to keep shuttling the two faculties every now and then, you must ensure that your file has been moved from the old faculty to the new one, you must keep pestering the student affairs unit for your new reg number that carries the new faculty's code, also you may be asked to rewrite some courses in your new faculty...etc.

Now to your question. Inter university transfer is just a word you see on your university guideline book...it doesn't exist or should I say Nigerian universities do not practice it.

The only transfer I witnessed in all my years in the university was that of DE (direct entry) students.

The best option for you would be to continue in OAU. There's no need putting yourself through unnecessary stress that would yield zero results at the end of the day.
thanks bro
Re: Inter University Transfer by HouseOfBalloons(f): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2015
agbajesaid:
which university do you want to transfer to?
Re: Inter University Transfer by agbajesaid(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2015
HouseOfBalloons:
which university do you want to transfer to?
anyone that runs MBBS programme and that accept transfer. Some dont especially the first generation ones but i know some do but i dont know them

(1) (Reply)

Niger Govt To Recruit New University of Education Staff With N594.6m / Photos: 8 Wonders Of The World. / Federal Government BEA Scholarship Award Application For 2016/2017 Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.