Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio (914 Views)

Tinted Glass Permits And Police SPY NUMBERS ... Get Yours In 24hrs ... / Correct Position Of The Law On Tinted Glasses / Toyota Camry 2004 Model With factory tinted Glass price: N1.5M Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by earTHMama: 3:15am On Dec 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Tinted glasses: Errant motorists for prosecution

By Fidelis Soriwei, Benin

The Assistant Inspector- General of Police in charge of Zone 5, Benin, Mr. Suleiman Fakai, has said that the police will take stern measures against politicians and individuals who engage in the unauthorised use of tinted vehicle glasses and those with unmarked number plates in 2009.

The AIG said that the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, had given the directive that those who used vehicles with such number plates without authorisation and their counterparts who used vehicles with tinted glasses be prosecuted in Bayelsa, Delta and Edo states under the control of the zone.

Speaking to journalists on the state of security in the zone, Fakai said that effective prosecution of culprits of the stated offences would commence in the first week of January 2009.

He said that while some of the people using vehicles with unmarked number plates had applied to the police for their usage, it was important that such privileges were not extended to people of dubious character who could abuse them.

He warned against granting such permission to young people who could be reckless enough to release such vehicles to friends to carry out heinous crimes like robbery

He said, "The IG has already given orders; by January next year, we will start charging them to court. Anybody, especially those whose credibility is in doubt by the force and are seen in vehicles with tinted glasses and unmarked number plates, will treated accordingly.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/30/411.html
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by netotse(m): 3:43am On Dec 31, 2008
lol the permit is not expensive to get now, i hear its like 3k or something if u know ur waay so y are they forming activity
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by beecrofty(m): 9:58am On Jan 01, 2009
na today, its beena long time they been troubling people with tints na,
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2009
netotse:

lol the permit is not expensive to get now, i hear its like 3k or something if u know ur waay so y are they forming activity

more like 40k for the REAL thing. and they say its only in abj where the permit is issued
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by 190: 4:48am On Jan 02, 2009
abi
i hate police angry
dem useless diee
if i get gun i go kill an entire station
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by sojioguns(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2009
But really, what other reason can one state to get a legit permit apart from the obvious security reasons for the dignitaries?
I really want to get the permit but the thing is the police will not give me because I am not some dignitary. I need it because I sometimes use my laptop in the car on some journeys and I wouldn't want people seeing that.
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by landis(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2009
and what happens if your CAR comes with 'factory tinted' from abroad?
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by carnal: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2009
if you need a permit,send me a mail at anjola9ja@yahoo.com,will connect you to someone in FORCE H/Q,abuja and will be delivered to your doorstep btween 4-7 days maximum.
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2009
^^^ And touts will always be a part of the system.

Anything in Nigeria to make money!
My car windows are very dark, my rear screen's limo black, while the rear sides are a fraction lighter.

Glad I don't have to pay for the priviledge of having tints.
Re: Tinted Glasses: Errant Motorists For Prosecutio by carnal: 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2009
@siena,maybe you need to learn to rephrase your statement,for the record I only want to assist those who are in need of such services since the same person did assist me too when I need to get mine from the right source,Pls I am not in anyway a tout for your record

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On This Car Palava / Automotive Diagnostic Tool From Autosky / I Need A 9ja Used Car For 300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.