Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old (13121 Views)

EFCC To Arraign Female Fraudster For N9Million Scam / Man Beheads Three-year-old Niece In Ondo (graphic Pic) / Police Arraign Lecturer For Raping 18 Year Old Admission Seeker (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by dre11(m): 6:55am On Feb 06, 2015
The police have arraigned 25-year-old painter, Hamzat Afeez, for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl in the Egbeda area of Lagos State.

He was arraigned on one count of rape at the Ebute Meta Chief Magistrate’s Court.

PUNCH Metro had reported how Afeez allegedly took the victim’s younger sister into his room while their mother washed clothes in the house.

The victim was said to have followed Afeez into his room in a bid to play with her sister.

Our correspondent was told that the suspect raped her.

She was said to have narrated the incident to her parents, who alerted policemen from the Gowon Estate Police Station.

PUNCH Metro reported that the suspect, in an attempt to cover up the case, offered to compensate the victim’s family with N100, 000 as payment for her medical bills.

He was said to have been subsequently granted bail by the police.

After our correspondent reported the incident, the Lagos State Government and a non-governmental organisation, Project Alert on Violence Against Women, intervened and the suspect was re-arrested.

He was arraigned on one count of rape.

The charge reads, “That you, Hamzat Afeez aka AZ, on December 13, 2014, at about 2.45pm at Remi Ogunjimi Street, Egbeda, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did have sexual intercourse with a minor, three-year-old, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.”

He pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. A.A. Demi-Ajayi, granted him bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

Meanwhile, PUNCH Metro has learnt that the victim, her sister and mother, had been taken into custody by the Lagos State Government, pending when a permanent relocation arrangement would be made for them.

The victim’s father, Okechukwu, said the NGO had assisted the family with some money.

He added that he was seeking a new apartment in another area of the state.

He said he looked forward to resettling with his family after the trauma of the incident.

He said, “We are no longer living in Egbeda. The state government has taken custody of my wife and kids since the incident to protect them while I am trying to get new accommodation.”

The Executive Director of Project Alert, Mrs. Josephine Effah-Chukwuma, said the group would not give up until it gave justice to the victim.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cops-arraign-painter-for-raping-three-year-old/
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Nickymezor(f): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmmm, this is so ugly. Dat man is an animal and I think he is sick in da head
Dre, hw hv u bin
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Islie: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2015
After our correspondent reported the incident, the Lagos State Government and a non-governmental organisation, Project Alert on Violence Against Women, intervened and the suspect was re-arrested.

Thank goodness for a NGO like this that made sure the suspect was re-arrested because am sure he might try to run away because he has know the implications of what he did by first bribing the girls parents with 100,000 naira

He should be tried speedly and sent to jail
We don't need beast like him on the street with our little kids

... Pls do the needful here, thanks
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by priscaoge(f): 9:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Another rape case angry angry angry

What is wrong with these People?

This is Where we need Jungle Justice. angry angry..Put him in a cage,lock the cage, pour fuel all over his body n set him ablaze angry angry angry So that his likes will desist from d act angry angry

..A 3yr old girl? Jezzzz that Dude is a Bast@rd angry

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by nekaa(f): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
WTH??
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by lilmax(m): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
I like this
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by hazyfm1: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
[size=18pt]DEATH SENTENCE [/size]

He shouldn't come and congest Nigeria prisons

6 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Ovie56(m): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
This kind news don tire me

We go con con dey blame government for every misfortune
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
Why are we having mad men everyday

3 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
I do not know reason why they are sent to prison? Saudi Arabia beheaded about 3 for raping, Nigeria should do the same.

As I love toto reach, I have never rape a woman, what's wrong in taking 1k or 500 naira to ashawo house, negotiate with them and Bleep your toto gentle and coded , clean your dick and waka back go home or 5k to 8k to club and carry olosho. Dis life simple, I have Bleep a lot this way while total girlfriends Bleep not even up to 15 but olosho and ashi don pass 200

11 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by elantraceey(f): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
sad
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by priscaoge(f): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
PUNCH Metro reported that the suspect, in an attempt to cover up the case, offered to compensate the victim’s family with N100, 000 as payment for her medical bills.

After defiling a 3yr old girl? Holy Moses shocked shocked

Why don't u patronize the S3x workers with that money angry angry angry

U deserve to die a painful death angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by 1stola: 9:36am On Feb 06, 2015
Something is wrong with some men of this generation!
A mentally balanced man can't rape.
This is pure wickedness!
Can't this e-goat just go to a br0thel
I think they should just cutoff his diick as punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by seedord247(m): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
This rape shit is getting out of hand...

This is where i welcome middle east laws... It's either they cut their thing or they should insert hot iron inside their yansh.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by holicalpha(m): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
I cant believe people still rape @ this age when sex is so easy to get.

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Paradise163(f): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
What's really happening?
What's it with rape this days?
Am forced to think this goes beyond mere pleasure
there might be some fetish reason perhaps for rituals

well

May God keep us and our kids away from this Monsters

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by simplemach(m): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
CONJI, a very difficult situation to handle sometimes.
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by omisakint: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Wow
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Rape everywhere.
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Very bad

Imagine the police granting bail before, if not for the intervention of this NGO , this case would have been long forgotten.

I'm tired of the nigerian police, I think anyone who wins either gej or gmb should really put much focus on the nigerian police force, if I became Nigerian president it would be on my top 5 priorities next to power generation.

MODIFIED:

PLEASE VISIT MY WATCH THREAD FOR YOUR ORIGINAL WATCHES. BEST CHOICE FOR A VALENTINES GIFT.
ALSO SEARCH "TEEK TOK WATCHES" ON YOUR BBM CHANNELS TO SEE LOTS OF PICTURES AND GET SUPER DISCOUNTS. PLUS ONE SUBSCRIBER'S DATA IS PAID FOR EVERY SATURDAY BY 7PM AFTER A PUZZLE GAME IS POSTED.

CHANNEL PIN : C001C20CB

https://www.nairaland.com/2080726/7-original-emporio-armani-chronograph

https://www.nairaland.com/2080841/8-casio-edifice-beside-original

Even if you don't want to buy, just join the channel , feed your eyes, you may buy later.

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by PerfumeRepublik: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Today again
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by englishmart(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
are you telling me that rape cases command more views and traffics that every rape case tend to hit fp?
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by nerodenero: 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
His balls should be cut off.This will serve as deterrent to others.
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by dmjinc(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by yemicoal(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
Sometimes i wonder if this things really happened or just a setup to deal with an enemy angry

1 Like

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by jaybee3(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
Abeg make dem just castrate the mofo shikena
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Rich4god(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2015
What is it these days with the raping of minors...

He has up to 100k and he cant pay for ladies that would last him 1wk...

1 Like

Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Jostico: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2015
wondering what the child would face.
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Lovine: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Not a big deal ater all in the Muslim faith once breast prod it's ready for marriage
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by freshness2020: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Omg!
This is becoming unbecoming!
A strict law should be enacted; maybe die by "hanging upside down" would be good..
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 06, 2015
[b]It is sad to see many anti-progressives call Buhari names because of his tribal accent. Igbo's , Yoruba and Hausa's all have various ways of speaking and pronunciation due to our mother tongue. When i watched father Mbaka's video, his accent was obvious when he pronounced OIL as OYEL but does that makes him an illiterate? General Buhari reads, writes and gives speeches in English, but the hatred by some Nigerians will never let them see that fact.

The most supporters of this present administration are the Igbo's. They see this as an opportunity for them to avenge what was done to them during the civil war. They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

Had APC presented Fashola, Atiku or Kwankwaso , they will still find reasons to vote for GEJ and label Apc candidates bad. This hate is not about buhari, it's the way they feel they can get revenge for refusing to allow them form their Biafran territory. They call Yoruba's slave to the North and all sort of names. They are a petty tribe. Its unfortunate the disunity of this country originates from their region.

In 2011, we all saw GEJ as a messiah and we voted him en-masse irrespective of his tribe and religion. We thought he would deliver us from years of misrule due to his humble look and name GOODLUCK. Nigerians did not vote PDP but GEJ. Then Yoruba's were not tagged slaves for trooping out to vote for him en-masse.

They said APC and Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable. My question is why can't these people be arrested if the statements tagged to them were true GEJ is the commander in chief of all forces in Nigeria and it baffles me how a civilian in Buhari can make his government ungovernable while he sits and watch without taking actions. Isn't that a high level of incompetence?

Good luck Jonathan is the worst president we ever had in this country. The misfortunes of his administrations exceeds the so called transformations. I urge everyone to vote wisely

Sai Buhari cool cool cool[/b]
Re: Cops Arraign Painter For Raping Three-year-old by samzi(m): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2015
hmm. Tins fallin fallin apart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion / 20 Killed In Fresh Kajuru Attack In Kaduna / Timothy Owoeye Nude Video: Court Releases Osun Commissioner, Businessman On Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.