Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai (992 Views)

19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies / 5 Men Trying To Reconnect Electricity, Risk Their Lives (Photos) / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by kachysblog(f): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2015
So sad! And to think that she went to one of the best moral secondary schools in Nigeria. Ebere Sandra Ohakwe 30 and friend Maureen Obidike 33, was arrested by the Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency after they recovered 19.8 kilogrammes of dried weeds, said to be cannabis sativa, from them. Read below:

Punch Metro gathered that the suspects were arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos State during the screening of passengers on an Etihad flight en route to Dubai, United Arab Emirate.

It was learnt that the drug was packaged into about 80 parcels and concealed inside foodstuffs and bottles.Our correspondent gathered that Ebere, who studied Economics, told investigators that her travel agent in Dubai directed her to smuggle the drug as a prerequisite for a free visa….She said,
“I used to export foodstuffs to Dubai since 2012. Each time I go to Dubai, I stay for two months and come back because I have no permanent visa. I came to Nigeria since December 2014 to spend the Christmas and New Year holidays at home. While I was preparing to go back, my travel agent in Dubai called me that somebody will give me a parcel to bring to him. He promised me that if I could bring it to him he will prepare my next visa for free. That was how I agreed to take it.”

Obidike, in her statement, described her arrest as the backlash of keeping a deceitful friend.

“My friend did not tell me that she had drugs in the luggage before she checked in in my name. She told me that it was foodstuffs, but it turned out to be cannabis. I feel very sad,” she said.

The NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Umar Hamza, said the case was under investigation.

He said,

“We found 78 parcels of dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis sativa weighing 19.8kg inside foodstuffs and bottles of local alcoholic beverage. The case is under investigation and the suspects are assisting our team of investigators.”

The agency’s Chairman, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, called on travellers to be sure of the content of their luggage before travelling.

“Members of the public must take necessary preventive measures to ensure that they have no drugs in their luggage. They must also not collect luggage from people when travelling. This is very important because such luggage may contain drugs,” Giade said.

http://kachysblog.com/2015/02/pic-ebere-ohakwe-friend-arrested-trying-smuggle-19-8kg-cannabis-dubai/

Re: Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by DesChyko: 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
#Hustle..

If say dem succeed now, two years later, you go see for news.
'Top Nigerian female business mogul tells her story; Says God is her motivation' grin
Re: Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by kestolove95(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
why must e be igbo's everytym?...dix people givn us bad name since 1914...I think itss high tym we allow dix peopl go form dia Biafra
Re: Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by freshness2020: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
kestolove95:
why must e be igbo's everytym?...dix people givn us bad name since 1914...I think itss high tym we allow dix peopl go form dia Biafra
Shut τ̲̅ђe f*** up bigot!
Ofe nmanu like ♈όϋ !
Re: Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by kestolove95(m): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
freshness2020:

Shut τ̲̅ђe f*** up bigot!
guy calm dwn and face d facts...ar dey not igbos?d drug pushers dat wia excuted in philipine last year the 2nigerian among them...ar dey not igbos...so what u sayn?
Re: Pic: 2 Friends Ebere&maureen Arrested Trying To Smuggle 19.8kg Cannabis To Dubai by Wuuworld(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
kestolove95:
Don't stress urself,we will soon form our own country,a country with the like of Chimamanda Adichie,Genevieve Nnaji,Psquare, and every other world respected dignitaries Nigeria ever have...then u stick with ur Italy and Dubai aristos sisters.....Money for hand,back for ground set of people..

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Beggars In The Southern Part Of Nigeria Fluent In Hausa Language? / Stephanie Okereke Shows Off Hot Legs In Mini-gown | Photo / England-premiership New Comer For Next Season 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.