Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? (23201 Views)

Why Insider Frauds Thrive In Banks- Assbifi / How Much Capital Will Be Needed To Start A Mini Supermarket? / Can The Distribution And Sale Of Used Books And Novels Thrive In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by mckelli(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
Lagos has an already made market for your business proposal don't forget location and localisation matters in every business, moreso you will need an online payment system in Nigeria to explore all makerting strategies, you can contact us on www.owode.com for more information because these days technological advancement is also playing it's part in the growth of Nigerian economy.
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 6:15am On Dec 17, 2009
Invest in canning our local cooked meals e.g canned jollof rice, canned ogi,canned akara,canned okro soup and canned yam tubers.
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by OFSL(f): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2009
Deleted
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by malvino: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hello sir,
      I will like to  tell you that I am very interested in getting to know what you intend to do in you you venture. To tell you the truth I am also nursing the idea myself.
      I would be very obliged if I could partner up with you in this your wonderful venture.
  I current have some ideas you could use in establishing your prospective shopping mall.
This is my mail grandyklace@gmail.com. Kindly contact me so we can start your wonderful ideas together.
Thanks cheesy
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by malvino: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2009
or better still can I have your e-mail or you send your number to my email I will try to get in touch with you.
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by yomite112: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2009
Can anyone pls tell me how to contact the moderators in the business section. I have tried contacting Naijacutee through her email but no reply and FOD didnt give any email address. I will be very grateful if anyone can help.
Thank you in advance
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by emilylove: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
I really think www.wow-nike.com is a good online shop for us !
There are a lot of products in it !
All of them are fashionable and cheap price !
High quality !
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by dragonlord: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
Dude a super market is a good idea but there other businesses u can get involved in that u won't have to bother urself about staff thieft keeping ur perishable goods at recommended temperatures considering d poor state of our power supply. Look if u er serious contact me let's rub minds. Kingsdenver@yahoo.com
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by uzuz(f): 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hello, Good day to you. We are making some researches trying to find Nigerian supermarkets online so that we can advertise our business to them. We are a trading company in the uk, we are involved with a lot of top brands distributors for consumer goods(ideal for supermarkets) we want to be able to advertise our services for you. We are based in London and we source and consolidate consumer goods for our clients, we are also involved in freight forwarding, both sea, air and road. Please let us know if you would like more information. You can visit our website for more information, www.check4more.com and please feel free to contact us if you need more information. Thanks
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by Akposkin: 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2010
Good one
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by trending83(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
Learn how you can earn up to N17.496 million without traveling out of your country. It`s easy and simple and you can make all that money from the comfort of your home. Contact me on 08073400383 to know more about this program.

Trending83
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
@trending83

How much have u made so far?
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by JesusloveU: 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2010
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2010
where's the OP

its already 4 years,
does anyone know of any big supermarket which opened in Ikorodu between 2007 and now

1 Like

Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by benny4ever: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
My friend, dont be discouraged. If your have prayed about it and you are convinced it is what you want to do, please go for it.However, you must brace yourself for the challenges which some of the respondents have already mentioned.I am actually thinking about the same biz amongs others I am considering as alternative source of generating funds.

Like a few mentioned, you will need to address issues like power (phcn), I am thinking of investing on solar to combat that.
Security is quiet important, you may need CCTV, good security outfit etc. Security should be both internal and external. You may consider time of biz (closing time etc). I know a supermarket where I live (De Prince in Gbagada), that came up with an entry gate like what you have in the banks,that allows one person at a time and checks at the gate of your receipt.It may not be perfect but at lest something.Where to source your goods and price is also very important.

Location is important,but you dont have to go to Ikeja,Ikoyi,Lekki to start (you may when you grow bigger),there are parts of the country that is developing and population is increasing, if you get it right in terms of strategy and pricing etc, you can make it, in terms of numbers. You can come to Gbagada and find out how DePrince went about making it. I intend to do that when I am fully ready and yes I am thinking of starting in one of the new areas outside Lagos. So Ikorodu will not be a bad place to start. Do not despise days of little beginning, just be focused,hardworking,strategic (plan properly,do your market survey etc very well) and pray well (No matter how hard you plan, you will face unforeseen challenges). Hope to see you at the top. All the best.
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by Jakemond(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
Thank you everyone!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I stumble unto the thread by accident while I was researching on viability of opening a supermarket in Nigeria. I have read through all you comment without posting  any myself. You guys have shown tremendous insight on the topic and have helped greatly in my decision making. It's been seven months since I found the thread and I'm happy to report that  I have completed the infrastructure for the supermarket, registered the name and will open for business 01 Oct 2011.

It was unfortunate that the guy who solicited you help more than 4yrs ago did not see the need to update you all as to how far he had gone with his mega plan.  Once again thank you all.  By the way, I chose Owerri as my location, constructed a 3 story building to accommodate supermarket, gift shop, electronics and apparels.

I will start another thread relating to this similar topic and look forward to you 2 sense.

1 Like

Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by DetectiveDeb: 6:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Op please we need an update
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by uwa1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
please i want to know how much will be needed to do this business, also what are involved... how do i register under the manufacturers and get cheaper goods... how do i know a good location and also list of good that i have to start with.. thanks alot..

Jakemond:
Thank you everyone!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I stumble unto the thread by accident while I was researching on viability of opening a supermarket in Nigeria. I have read through all you comment without posting  any myself. You guys have shown tremendous insight on the topic and have helped greatly in my decision making. It's been seven months since I found the thread and I'm happy to report that  I have completed the infrastructure for the supermarket, registered the name and will open for business 01 Oct 2011.

It was unfortunate that the guy who solicited you help more than 4yrs ago did not see the need to update you all as to how far he had gone with his mega plan.  Once again thank you all.  By the way, I chose Owerri as my location, constructed a 3 story building to accommodate supermarket, gift shop, electronics and apparels.

I will start another thread relating to this similar topic and look forward to you 2 sense.
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by uwa1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
please i want to know how much will be needed to do this business, also what are involved... how do i register under the manufacturers and get cheaper goods... how do i know a good location and also list of good that i have to start with.. thanks alot..
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by Homeyfav: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
o;'[p
Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by TRADEFAIRng(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2019
Revealed: WHERE IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY FRESH FOOD ITEMS IN ABUJA.

It is not Wuse Market, it is not Garki Int. Market, No, it is not Karimo Market. Wrong again, it is not Nyanya market and it is definitely not Utako market.

The right answer is Belle.ng. Yes, that's right and surprisingly so. Take for instance, this Belle Full Indomie Noodles costs about #200 - #250 in other markets, but it is sold for as low as #130 here https://belle.ng/indomie-instant-noodles-belle-full-chicken-flavour . This giant snails costs between #450-#550 each in Wuse Market. Get it for just #199 on Belle.ng here
https://belle.ng/giant-snail-1-big-size .
This crate of eggs goes for between #1100-#1300 elswhere, get it for just #890 here https://belle.ng/egg-crate-of-30. This big, live catfish sells for #1300 elsewhere but buy it for just #700 here https://belle.ng/cat-fish-cut.

This Smoked Goat Head costs between #900-#1500 in other markets. Get it as low as #600 only on Belle.ng here https://belle.ng/goat-head-smoked.

There are more exciting offers in store. Enjoy the tour and please, don't fail to share this good news with your yard people�.

#Bellefoods #AbujaGroceries #OnlineSupermarket #OnlineGrocerystore #farmersmarket #freshfoods #choplife #Abujafoodie #Pamperyourbelle

Re: Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? by konews: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense / CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.