Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often (868 Views)

Do You Want To Air (on Radio Or Mix) That Hit Song? Let Us Do That For You / Looking For Radio Presenters Nationwide / Revenue Opportunity For Radio Presenters And Radio Personalities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often by zipitup(m): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2008
Hi every one! Happy New Yr. There's something I've been wondering about. when promoting a new song of a new artiste on radio, is it ethical to give the presenters money? If so, how much should one reasonably give the presenters, and how often?

My friend and i argued over this topic some time back. he's a budding artiste, and i'd like to hear from my fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often by tosinadeda: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2008
Re: Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often by Ekitiman1(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2009
Its not,

its against the law in America, don't know bout Naija sha

anyway, why not let the quality and likability of the song decide
Re: Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often by seunscooby: 2:30am On Mar 29, 2009
some djs don't take money-eg dj tommy of 93.7. but most others will no matter how hot your track is. even most of your biggest naija acts still pay. its very wrong but most things work upside down in Naija and if you can't beat them you just gats to join them
Re: Is It Ethical To Pay Radio Presenters To Air Songs. If So How Much, How Often by manmustwac(m): 1:03am On Apr 08, 2009
seunscooby:

some djs don't take money-eg dj tommy of 93.7. but most others will no matter how hot your track is. even most of your biggest naija acts still pay. its very wrong but most things work upside down in Naija and if you can't beat them you just gats to join them
So u have to bribe DJs to play your songs? Here in london its not like that. DJs will always be more than happy to be the first person to play your new tune if your popular artiste and the artistes are paid when their music is aired on the radio its called royalties.

(1) (Reply)

Music/Media Training & sales of equipment @discount Price / .. / How Can One Ht It Big In Naija Music Buisness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.