Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Honda Experts Needed Here Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Experts Needed Here Please (3304 Views)

Car Champ. Your Advice Is Needed Here / Advice From Experienced Car Owners/drivers Needed Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2015
Hi,

I'm about to change my Civic 92 coupe to Accord 98 coupe (Baby Boy).

I saw V6 and was like, no go area. But the guy stressed that the V6 3.0i does not consume fuel.

What is your suggestion?

Also, I spend 3k weekly on fuel on my Civic. When I switch to V6, will it reach 5k or 6k?

Thank you in advance for your input.
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by FlyboyZee: 7:00am On Feb 08, 2015
arewatech:
Accord 98 coupe (Henessy)...
'98 Honda Accord is not called "Honda Hennessey". It is called "Honda Baby Boy". I guess the car you are referring to, should be the Baby Boy Coupé.
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 9:16am On Feb 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:

'98 Honda Accord is not called "Honda Hennessey". It is called "Honda Baby Boy". I guess the car you are referring to, should be the Baby Boy Coupé.

Thank you for the correction, we call it Henessy down here in the North while it's Baby Boy in the south. I knew this already, i got carried away when I was writing the post.

Will modify it now.

Thank you once more.

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by FlyboyZee: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2015
arewatech:

Thank you for the correction, we call it Henessy down here in the North while it's Baby Boy in the south. I knew this already, i got carried away when I was writing the post.

Will modify it now.

Thank you once more.
Waoh! I didn't know that.
I know that the 2001-2005 Honda Civic is what is referred to as the Honda Hennessey. While the 1998-2002 North American Honda Accord is what is popularly known as the Baby Boy. (Please, see pix attached below for emphasis). I never knew they had different names up North and down South. Well, we are learning every day.

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Because of traffic, stick with an I4 "watefa"
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I know that the 2001-2005 Honda Civic is what is referred to as the Honda Hennessey. While the 1998-2002 North American Honda Accord is what is popularly known as the Baby Boy. (Please, see pix attached below for emphasis). I never knew they had different names up North and down South. Well, we are learning every day.

We call the Baby Boy, Henessy cheesy
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by FlyboyZee: 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
arewatech:

We call the Baby Boy, Henessy cheesy
Please, what part of the North would that be? Make I no go fall my hand for that side. Lol...

Meanwhile, back to topic. I would advise you stick to the I4 engine. Your proposed upgrade is a nice car you would enjoy to drive. Go boy! Go get her!!!
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by sultaan(m): 3:03am On Feb 09, 2015
If you are used to you 92 Civic I will not suggest you go for a 98 V6 Accord coupe fuel cos on you mind will not be affordable.
If you really want to upgrade get a newer Civic like a 2001-2005 Civic.

Some will say it is not reasonable to suggest another Civic as upgrade but a I-4 Accord could cost him N5k/wk in fuel.
OP is used to a smaller car did not give any reason for a bigger car so instead of weekly cost going to fuel he may also spend the money on a newer upgrade but maintain his weekly budget

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by FlyboyZee: 6:44am On Feb 09, 2015
sultaan:
If you are used to you 92 Civic I will not suggest you go for a 98 V6 Accord coupe fuel cos on you mind will not be affordable.

Some will say it is not reasonable to suggest another Civic as upgrade but a I-4 Accord could cost him N5k/wk in fuel.
OP is used to a smaller car did not give any reason for a bigger car so instead of weekly cost going to fuel he may also spend the money on a newer upgrade but maintain his weekly budget
I agree with you. It seems the OP likes sporty cars. Since he is upgrading, I feel he should have something with more power than the Civic that can give him some excitement. However, there will still be marked difference in the fuel bills for the I4 & V6 Accord models as there will also be marked difference between the Civic and the I4 Accord...
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 9:21am On Feb 09, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Please, what part of the North would that be? Make I no go fall my hand for that side. Lol...

Meanwhile, back to topic. I would advise you stick to the I4 engine. Your proposed upgrade is a nice car you would enjoy to drive. Go boy! Go get her!!!

I assure you of Kaduna, Katsina and Kano. They all call it Henessy. grin

Thank you for the advice man.

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 9:27am On Feb 09, 2015
sultaan:

I agree with you. But if the fuel consumption is not going to double what i'm spending right now, then I can afford that.

I'm a student, also doing some business. I can afford to maintain it, if it's not going to break my savings during rainy days wink
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by lonelydora: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2015
FlyboyZee:

1998 - 2002 Accord is called Honda Henessy in the North (atleast Kaduna i know) and Baby boy in the South.

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by FlyboyZee: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
lonelydora:

1998 - 2002 Accord is called Honda Henessy in the North (atleast Kaduna i know) and Baby boy in the South.
Okay. Thanks. I just learnt a new one and now I know...

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by sultaan(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
As a student stick with the same thing Civic

1 Like

Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
sultaan:
As a student stick with the same thing Civic

Nagode Sultan smiley
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2015
UPDATE: I just fell in Love with a 206 I met. Will settle for that I believe.

Thank you Guys smiley
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2015
arewatech:
UPDATE: I just fell in Love with a 206 I met. Will settle for that I believe.

Thank you Guys smiley

What are the specs please?
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by arewatech(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What are the specs please?

1 door, Manual drive, AC, disk loaders, Fabric Seats, etc
Re: Honda Experts Needed Here Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
arewatech:

1 door, Manual drive, AC, disk loaders, Fabric Seats, etc

Engine type, transmission type, wheel size, year of production

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Sticker Or Emblem In Nigeria Is The Most Powerful? / Difference Between Honda Accord 2003, 2004 And 2005 / Showcasing Classic Mitsubishi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.