Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Need Assistance Pls!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Assistance Pls!!! (1165 Views)

Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance / Assistance Needed To Diagnose Cause Of Overheathing / Tehnical Assistance Need For A 2003 Honda Accord V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Assistance Pls!!! by Devirus2: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2015
Good day gurus in the house. I have an rx 300 lexus cuv and my cel light comes on and goes off periodically. I have scanned and detected the famous P0171 code. I have checked for leaks, cleaned my maf and checked my o2 sensors and everything is working fine. It begun when I bought a new fuel tank and told my mecho to service my injectors. Kindly give suggestions as to helping me. Cos I really hate the sight of my cel every time I drive the car.

Thanks
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Devirus2:
Good day gurus in the house. I have an rx 300 lexus cuv and my cel light comes on and goes off periodically. I have scanned and detected the famous P0171 code. I have checked for leaks, cleaned my maf and checked my o2 sensors and everything is working fine. It begun when I bought a new fuel tank and told my mecho to service my injectors. Kindly give suggestions as to helping me. Cos I really hate the sight of my cel every time I drive the car.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCV11HGqRaI
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Devirus2:
Good day gurus in the house. I have an rx 300 lexus cuv and my cel light comes on and goes off periodically. I have scanned and detected the famous P0171 code. I have checked for leaks , cleaned my maf and checked my o2 sensors and everything is working fine. It begun when I bought a new fuel tank and told my mecho to service my injectors. Kindly give suggestions as to helping me. Cos I really hate the sight of my cel every time I drive the car.

Thanks

How did you do the bolded?

You have a vacuum leak, or possibly a faulty bank1 oxygen sensor. Do a live scan and check values from o2 sensors and post here.
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by chillex8(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

How did you do the bolded?

You have a vacuum leak, or possibly a faulty bank1 oxygen sensor. Do a live scan and check values from o2 sensors and post here.

And what values should he be looking out for
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
chillex8:

The type that cause recurrent epileptic seizures in hyundais grin
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by DECOtech(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
chillex8:

GAZZUZZ:

The type that cause recurrent epileptic seizures in hyundais grin

grin grin grin

Abeg, how una dey?
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by mayor2013: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
@ op go do a complete tune up which involves changing of spark plugs, servicing of injector noozles, checking of fuel pump pressure and servicing of inlet manifold.
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by chillex8(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
DECOtech:

grin grin grin

Abeg, how una dey?

Pardonshocked

Do I know you
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by chillex8(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
mayor2013:
@ op go do a complete tune up which involves changing of spark plugs, servicing of injector noozles, checking of fuel pump pressure and servicing of inlet manifold.

Holy Moses shocked

Dislowman Is this you?
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by Devirus2: 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ok bosses, i'll just do that. Hope it helps, cos before I did a fuel tank change and serviced my injector nozzles, all was very fine. Thanks all the same, i'll update
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
How do you service inlet manifold? undecided
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by chillex8(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
Devirus2:

Thanks

All you need is a live scan.

Maf readings @ idle= 0.4lib/min. Should not go lower than this.

O2 sensors readings= 0.1v-0.9v.

Lastly, have you checked your positive crankcase ventilation valve and hose Start with that.

You should be checking for blockage and stiffness.

Normally, you should hear it flicker when you shake.

I will assume there is no vacuum leak.
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by DECOtech(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
chillex8:
Do I know you
No you don't.

I don't expect you to
Re: Need Assistance Pls!!! by mayor2013: 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
How do you service inlet manifold? undecided

By simply removing carbon deposits in it. Shikenah

(1) (Reply)

The 2016 Acura Nsx - / Need Advice Whether To Buy Nissan Pathfinder 2003 Or Infinity QX4 2003 / Innoson Motors Live At The Senate Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.