Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

5 Ethical/Courtesy Problems In The Society. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Ethical/Courtesy Problems In The Society. (511 Views)

20 Ways To Show Courtesy / What Are Social Problems In Nigeria / Life Lesson: The Richest Man In The Society Of Then. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ethical/Courtesy Problems In The Society. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Humans interact everyday in the society as this is essential for our existence and continuity. However during the process of interaction, we encounter different problems. Some of this problems are related to ethics and courtesy. Without much ado, here are 5 ethical problems/lack of courtesy have noticed in our environment.
1. JOINING CONVERSATION WITHOUT PERMISSION.
In this society of ours, you see a lot of "gatecrsahing" of private conversation between two people. If you are interested in what a group of people are discussing, courtesy demands that you ask for permission before unveiling your opinion.
2. LATE COMERS
You attend an event, church, class and you see people coming late. In spite of this, they still want to sit in the first row. Growing up, I was taught to be punctual and if I you are late to an event, simply sit at the back.
3.SUICIDE/SELF INFLICTED INJURIES
Do you know that it is selfish when you decide to take your own life? Do you know how many people would be devastated by your death? Do you know that it is a sin when you commit suicide? I once met a girl who always inflict injuries on herself whenever she experiences breakup. This is a sad situation for the society.
4. PLEASE AND THANKS
In communication, there are some rules to be followed. One of these is "please" and "thanks". You don't say "bring my bag" but "Could you bring my bag, please?" And after that you should say "thanks".
5. CHEATING
Cheating is a very serious offence in the school of ethics. It may take various forms which include malpractice during examination. You should not cheat during a test or competition even if nobody is watching. Do you know the implications of cheating? I'll tell you. One of my friends told me she cheated during a recent test. I told her off and poured scorn on all her past test she aced.
This short essay is meant to change our mindset about some few things based on my observation. Criticism? It's allowed.
Re: 5 Ethical/Courtesy Problems In The Society. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mods, kindly move this to the right section.

(1) (Reply)

Types Of People You'll Meet At Bank Doors. / Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter / Happpy New Month To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.