Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer (1497 Views)

40-year-old Nigerian Makes World's First Hand-woven Car / Photos: 14 Year Old Nigerian Wins The US Kids Golf Teen World Championship / Rich Man Buys 51 Yr Old Nigerian As Toy For His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer by kikelomojessy(f): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Debbie Doowuese Ajom, a 15-year-old SS3 student, has two published novels to her credit. The young author, who published her first novel at the age of nine, says concern for the plight of the poor and the less privileged members of the society activated her creative ingenuity.  
Although she has attended public schools all her life, 15-year-old Debbie Doowuese Ajom is one latest example of a teenager determined to etch her name on the literary map of Nigeria and the world. Born some 15 years ago, Debbie has already published two fictional works.
Her first novel titled ‘The Magic Stone and Other Stories’ was published in 2010 when she was only 9 and in JSS 1. Four years later, she authored the second novel ‘Escape from Shackles.’
She told Weekly Trust in Abuja that she developed the passion for creative writing when she was in primary six, adding that all her books are weaved around the plight of the poor in the society.
“All my books are about the underprivileged and how they struggle to make it in life. These books reflect the sufferings of the people and their unyielding passion to free themselves from the chains of poverty. I want to be the voice of the voiceless; I want to be there for those who cannot come out and talk, I will speak for them,” Debbie said.      
The second child in a family of four, Debbie who dails from Mbayion, in Gboko LGA of Benue State is currently a student of Government Secondary School, Kwali, Abuja. She had her first stint with formal education at the LGEA Primary School, Gbuushi, Gboko Local Government Area of Benue State. She was transferred to LGEA Primary School, Barkin Ado, in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, where she completed her primary education.
“For me, studying in public school does not make any difference. Anywhere you go to school, whether in a private or public school, what matters is what you have upstairs,” she says.
The teenage author says the contents of her novels are sourced mainly from her experiences with her poor grandparents, who are polygamists as well as her friends.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/bookshelf/
Re: 15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer by kikelomojessy(f): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Bring up your child in the way of God, light, knowledge, wisdom etc and they will not depart from it.
Re: 15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer by simplemach(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
God bless this child
Re: 15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer by Acekidc4(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nice work Miss!! U re Blessed!!
Re: 15year Old Nigerian Teenage Writer by Ehimenboy(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
Keep your dreams alive. Let not any dowse them from their present glow.

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank: HR Interview 2016 / Internship: The Nurses Stolen Birthright- NursingWorldNigeria / PVC Hose/offshore Oil Delivery Hose From China Manufacturer Recruitment Salesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.