Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria (11201 Views)

UBA Bank 2017 Recruitment For Fresh Graduates In Nigeria / N-Power Graduates In Kaduna Undergoing Verification Process / FG To Employ 200,000 Graduates In October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Guyz abeg do computer science graduates in nigeria wit 1st class degrees get good jobs..And if yes what iz dier average pay..Or 2nd class ..Pls help o.Wana purse d course in uni but not decided yet
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
daamazing:
Guyz abeg do computer science graduates in nigeria wit 1st class degrees get good jobs..And if yes what iz dier average pay..Or 2nd class ..Pls help o.Wana purse d course in uni but not decided yet

As a csc grad, you might not want to look for a job.

Anyway I went to jobberma.n and searched for IT jobs.

3 years experience?

You can make so much more on your own.
btw that's monthly salary though.

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
daamazing:

The market for CS grads at the moment does not look at your grade, it is basically your skill level and experience.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Urine:

The market for CS grads at the moment does not look at your grade, it is basically your skill level and experience.
so pls hw much do u tink is d average pay for a skilled cs grad. .TANKZ for ur reply
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
daamazing:
so pls hw much do u tink is d average pay for a skilled cs grad. .TANKZ for ur reply

Well skills vary and it's quite broad...from networking to programming etc. So you have to be specific.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

Well skills vary and it's quite broad...from networking to programming etc. So you have to be specific.
programming
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
daamazing:
programming

I'm a programmer and I will give you an idea of what levels of the food chain earn.

The top guys that are really good with experience and management skills earn close to a million and in some cases more than a million.

Mid level guys that also very good and well experienced, get 400- 600.

Then there are the guys that are not beginners but not yet on the level of the mid level group, these ones get between 200-300

Rookies get slightly above a 100k in good companies but it might be below that in small scale companies.

Please note that these are for guys with knowledge in well sought after skills like Java (EE inclusive), .NET and most of the major languages used in "Enterprise Development". The figures are just rough estimates to give you an idea.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

I'm a programmer and I will give you an idea of what levels of the food chain earn.

The top guys that are really good with experience and management skills earn close to a million and in some cases more than a million.

Then there are the guys that are not beginners but not yet on the level of the mid level group, these ones get between 200-300

Rookies get slightly above a 100k in good companies but it might be below that in small scale companies.

Please note that these are for guys with knowledge in well sought after skills like Java (EE inclusive), .NET and most of the major languages used in "Enterprise Development". The figures are just rough estimates to give you an idea.
am beginning to love dis.... tanks bro.. so which class do u fall into .. winks
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
daamazing:
am beginning to love dis.... tanks bro.. so which class do u fall into .. winks

It's the best and toughest job around. Lool, if I tell you my class, I will end up giving the whole world an idea of how little I earn.

On second thought, create an arraylist in Java, add some Strings to it, repeat some strings to have duplicates and eliminate the duplicates when you print the results. If you do it, I will tell you the class I belong to.

2 Likes

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

It's the best and toughest job around. Lool, if I tell you my class, I will end up giving the whole world an idea of how little I earn.

On second thought, create an arraylist in Java, add some Strings to it, repeat some strings to have duplicates and eliminate the duplicates when you print the results. If you do it, I will tell you the class I belong to.
hmm
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Ur post was encouraging. I read Computer Science from U.I and graduated.I find it hard to programme but can write little program in java,also php and mysql. I want to be a full time programmer but the profession at the moment is for everyone.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by KELVIN086: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
yes all true but there's one problem, the no of people studying this course are just too much which makes it difficult to get a job after graduation, the competition is just too much.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by cmonek(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
nice post here.. Currently running a PGD program in Computer Sci, really love the course but the Programming aspect can be tiring especially after writing your codes and encounters an error or series of error when you compile and run the codes.. Though abit tiring but I really love the DBMS aspect and I really want to major as a system analyst, a database administrator or a networker.. I hope not being an expert in programming wont deny me of becoming any of the three mentioned stuff?? I need an answer please..
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
ogunjobiali:
Ur post was encouraging. I read Computer Science from U.I and graduated.I find it hard to programme but can write little program in java,also php and mysql. I want to be a full time programmer but the profession at the moment is for everyone.

If you are good, you will always be different from the crowd. If you want to be a programmer, you have to stop thinking it's hard. Download Java How to Program 9th Edition by Deitel and Deitel and start practicing.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
cmonek:
nice post here.. Currently running a PGD program in Computer Sci, really love the course but the Programming aspect can be tiring especially after writing your codes and encounters an error or series of error when you compile and run the codes.. Though abit tiring but I really love the DBMS aspect and I really want to major as a system analyst, a database administrator or a networker.. I hope not being an expert in programming wont deny me of becoming any of the three mentioned stuff?? I need an answer please..

This post reminds me of how the lads used to lament when we just started. Programing might be tough @ times but so is farming and bricklaying. You need to fight the fear first and you will be fine. The best feeling on earth is when you defeat an army of errors. Running to networking or Database Admin won't solve the problem. If you become a DA how will you write a stored procedure?
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by jonath0012(m): 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Bros, can I pm you... I want to change my career entirely to IT ... Programming to be precise....., I need you input
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
jonath0012:

Bros, can I pm you... I want to change my career entirely to IT ... Programming to be precise....., I need you input

What are you waiting for? Send that pm straight away.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by cmonek(m): 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

This post reminds me of how the lads used to lament when we just started. Programing might be tough @ times but so is farming and bricklaying. You need to fight the fear first and you will be fine. The best feeling on earth is when you defeat an army of errors. Running to networking or Database Admin won't solve the problem. If you become a DA how will you write a stored procedure?
thanks for the encouragement.. I will definitely face the army of errors and ensure they are thoroughly debugged.. Thanks once more. Where are you based bro?
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

If you are good, you will always be different from the crowd. If you want to be a programmer, you have to stop thinking it's hard. Download Java How to Program 9th Edition by Deitel and Deitel and start practicing.
Thnks 4 the words.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Bro, is there a way I can work with you to sharpen my programming knowlegde.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by timijoseph01(m): 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hmmmm... Always wanted to be a Comp. Scientist 4rm ma JSS3.. Spent days n 9t on internet,, reading ebook, surfing net, meeting net gurus....
U knw what im studying now.. Im an 200l Agric student.. Datz how worse ma school is,, not dat ma grades didnt meet up,, but because i knw no one..
Im begining to lose dat vibe in mie,, jst like all hope is lost...
Maybe one day,, i may turn out doing what iv always wanted to do...
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Love your enlightening personality. I can perceive things through my MTN Data Connection. I'm that wierd grin grin
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by kingsleyugo41(m): 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

i studied computer engineering,pls i want to know about networking and the pay thanks
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by kingsleyugo41(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

i studied computer engineering,i want to know abt networking engineering and the pay thanks
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by kingsleyugo41(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

what abt computer engineering
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
timijoseph01:
Hmmmm... Always wanted to be a Comp. Scientist 4rm ma JSS3.. Spent days n 9t on internet,, reading ebook, surfing net, meeting net gurus....
U knw what im studying now.. Im an 200l Agric student.. Datz how worse ma school is,, not dat ma grades didnt meet up,, but because i knw no one..
Im begining to lose dat vibe in mie,, jst like all hope is lost...
Maybe one day,, i may turn out doing what iv always wanted to do...

Had the same problem too but when I saw that I was losing interest, heck, I never had interest Sef, you know what I did? Told my parents to stop pushing me about and deciding for me, threw a tantrum till they gave in and then I finally applied for the course. I think you should do that if you can
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by Urine: 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
@cmonek: Lagos
@ogunjobiali: download the book I told you about and start reading. That's the first step.
@taiwolusol: Guy, you funny o.
@timijoseph01: all hope is not lost, I know quite a number of programmers that didn't study CS.
@kingsleyugo41:I'm not sure, I will try to find out when I have time.
Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by ps3o(m): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
after going through all comments, I must commend everyone's effort so well. since I graduated from the higher institution, i have been a freelance programmer. and it had really helped me gain grounds...trained so many young guys and still enjoying the career

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Graduates In Nigeria by geekybabe(f): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
kingsleyugo41:
i studied computer engineering,i want to know abt networking engineering and the pay thanks

Well lemme just say a thing or two here. Either computer science or computer engineering, after graduation(bsc), it really doesn't matter. What matters is that you have developed relevant skills over time and you can actually solve problems, in the IT field.Tech is fun, and the interesting part is there are a lot of evolving areas everyday.

Programming is great, but not every one will write codes. I just suggest you find an area that really interests you in IT, do proper research online( job prospects, current technologies), and then follow your passion. It becomes easier if you can find someone who has been in the field for some years to mentor you..or at least share ideas with you.

The Networking Field is great..and for some of us who have dabbled into it, its quite interesting. The only major challenge is getting hands-on field experience even if you have certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CEH and all of that). Just very few IT/Networking firms would employ people who cannot actually fix problems on site. Besides, the Networking field is saturated with a lot of non-IT people who have gone to do all these certifications and feel they deserve to be given a chance at jobs too. You cant blame anyone. But After paying so much for all these exams, it becomes extremely frustrating if you still cant find a good job.

So if you are still in school, please by all means develop skills, soft skills. You might not necessarily start with java or c++ if you wanna learn how to code. start simple. maybe web languages like HTML5, Php. Or you can learn my favorite, Python smiley. Then gradually you can make the leap to more advanced languages. Then look out for internships. Join IT forums online, ask questions, look out for educative tech sites (techcabal, stackoverflow, Quora, etc) where you can ask questions and fill your head with exciting ideas.. Take free online course on sites like coursera.org, udemy, etc.

Most Importantly.. Dont focus on the money for a start. just focus on being great at whatever it is you decide to do. Money will always come. Build a great network of tech people.. They are plenty here on NL, and LinkedIn too. If you stay in lag, look out for place where you can meet tech people. (e.g co-creation hub in yaba)

Trust Me.. I'm just starting out too. But One thing i know, Tech is cool, fun and really exciting.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Food Concepts Plc (owners Of Chicken Republic) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Gtbank Interview Format / Jobs from Michael Craig (for Nigerian Consulting Firm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.