Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile (1479 Views)

Pictures From 9/11 Attacks In America / Heartbreaking Pictures From Around The World!! / Pictures From Area Fight In Oshodi Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Jonwesley(m): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
Moderators, I have come to a conclusion in my mind that it does better if DP pictures are removed since people's identities are not needed for an opinion or to express their minds.

This would remove the attention some members seek by pasting pictures that are not theirs. Again multiple registration will be curtailed as some appear as male and female or people hiding their gender and so on.

Why do U visit a lady's DP? To confirm what? Whether she is beautiful, sexy, busty, or even ugly? Even if U find it to be any of the above, who told u that, that is his/her picture. And for those who think this forum is a toasting ground, you are in a fools paradise.

If some men will disguise as a woman and pretend so, I think it's disgusting, and the reverse also as well. Some women won't even state if they are female or not and it's mostly women that are into these acts more.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
gbam! abi na glo
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by defemidefemi(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
don't worry dear, I will bring this issue up in the house b4 Senate president Mark and we will try our best to pass it into law, since that is one of the challenges facing ur own senatorial district. consider it done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
why cant fuckshit be censored to bleeppoo
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by djeezy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
When romance section was filled with mature people. People hardly notice dps but sensible comments. Today you see people using fake profile pictures to gain cheap attention and guys fooling around and sending pms to their fellow guy.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Tallesty1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
It won't change anything, let fools fall and let wise rejoice.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by fuckshit: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
krall:
fück!!! hey, what the fück grin grin
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by MizMyColi(f): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
which one is mizmycolingus..blog..com again? its like blog gives money these days angry
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by djeezy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
e-nuisance. grin
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by MizMyColi(f): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
djeezy:
e-nuisance. grin

mE?

krall:
which one is mizmycolingus..blog..com again? its like blog gives money these days angry

[size=14pt]#iGnored tongue[/size]
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
This one strong oo but evry social networks is meant for dating naa and no b only nairaland fake people dey go to badoo u go fear#fake people everywhere and na guys dey awalys use ladies pictures to scam their fellow men*SMH
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ivyy(f): 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Eyaaa embarassed
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ronald4lif(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
You are making sense but I beg to differ that removing display pictures will bring NL to ruins and may even be the end to this platform. My reasons for this are cited below:

A - With pictures one can easily at least know who they are interacting with, what they look like and often times can detect a fake profile if the person uses one profile pic for like eternity without changing to a different one.

B - For us guys (and maybe the ladies too) we find it interesting quoting ladies often, this somewhat pleases our minds and boost our confidence when approaching women in the real world, when ladies voices their opinion on relationship matters it gives a depth insight of how to handle our various relationships.

C - Without being able to have DP's a whole lot of people, especially the guys would easily claim genders they are not. There will be more guys claiming girls, but with the picture feature and you claim to be a lady without a face to back it up, many ll doubt your claim, and rightly so.

D. Although, I am yet to seek for advice on here, I will most likely consider an advice from a person who at least I know what they look like than a faceless person whenever I seek for public opinion. This might just be me, but others may think same.

E - There are a few people with fake personalities even with their pictures on display, now imagine a scenario when there's no means of having a pic, some will curse the hell out of others how they are short, ugly, dark or even bleached. But if one is not proud enough to show who they are then whatever insults they throw at others becomes baseless.

F - Lastly, without pics some may claim a different base of where they truly are, but with such features such claims can be put to check.

There are a whole lots of advantages of having the dp feature more than not but I wouldn't want to say further so it doesn't get boring reading through.

No one is mandated to have a pic on their profile, if you want to go ahead but if you don't want to your biz. I usually have my reservations on any pseudonym that I haven't seen at least 2 different pictures of theirs. But it wouldn't stop me from interacting with such a person. I am simply here to have fun and kill boredom not to care about who people truly are or the personality they are tryna portray.

1 Like

Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by kika23(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
krall:

Looooool krall grin
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Jeromejnr(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
defemidefemi:
k

K is for kite.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by pwerrymansion(f): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Your opinion is not objective. Most social medium have a column for one to display ones image. Is left for an individual to use their descretions to know when to draw the line. I don't know if u are getting my point.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by free2ryhme: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonwesley:
Moderators, I have come to a conclusion in my mind that it does better if DP pictures are removed since people's identities are not needed for an opinion or to express their minds.

This would remove the attention some members seek by pasting pictures that are not theirs. Again multiple registration will be curtailed as some appear as male and female or people hiding their gender and so on.

Why do U visit a lady's DP? To confirm what? Whether she is beautiful, sexy, busty, or even ugly? Even if U find it to be any of the above, who told u that, that is his/her picture. And for those who think this forum is a toasting ground, you are in a fools paradise.

If some men will disguise as a woman and pretend so, I think it's disgusting, and the reverse also as well. Some women won't even state if they are female or not and it's mostly women that are into these acts more.

I disagree with you on this issue.. It is up to the user what he/she puts as display picture . Inasmuch as people would always take advantage on good things we should not deny those with good intentions the opportunity to express themselves. don't forget pictures says a thousand words
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Jonwesley(m): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
prettythicksme:
This one strong oo but evry social networks is meant for dating naa and no b only nairaland fake people dey go to badoo u go fear#fake people everywhere and na guys dey awalys use ladies pictures to scam their fellow men*SMH

Nairaland! A dating site? Because it's a social network? This is a short sighted opinion to me. Yes fake people exist everywhere, the suggestion was meant to address this anomaly and make nairaland better than any other sites U have had that experience.

If Nairaland is a dating site, I might as well delist my registration. I'm not needed, neither do I need any date.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Gbengem(m): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesy

cheesycheesycheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesycheesycheesy

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by temitemi1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
Are u one of the transgendered grin cheesy
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Jonwesley(m): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
free2ryhme:

I disagree with you on this issue.. It is up to the user what he/she puts as display picture . Inasmuch as people would always take advantage on good things we should not deny those with good intentions the opportunity to express themselves. don't forget pictures says a thousand words

Pictures says a thousand words....

And when the picture turns fake, how many words does it say?

See, opinions on thread are basically on gender, experience, education, intuition, such intangibles and ain't physical appearance whether beautiful, handsome or what U have. Not what is felt, but is there, can't U understand?
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by free2ryhme: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonwesley:

Pictures says a thousand words....

And when the picture turns fake, how many words does it say?

See, opinions on thread are basically on gender, experience, education, intuition, such intangibles and ain't physical appearance whether beautiful, handsome or what U have. Not what is felt, but is there, can't U understand?

cant you read

because people upload fake dp and falsify there bio datas on naira land does not mean we should totally abolish the idea. what about those who have real dp and bio data? what now happens to them? u should also note the sun shines on the good and evil likewise when it rains
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin sad
wink grin grin grin
smiley angry cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin angry grin grin grin grin angry
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by themejiwalker(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mehn u be prof?

ronald4lif:
You are making sense but I beg to differ that removing display pictures will bring NL to ruins and may even be the end to this platform. My reasons for this are cited below:

A - With pictures one can easily at least know who they are interacting with, what they look like and often times can detect a fake profile if the person uses one profile pic for like eternity without changing to a different one.

B - For us guys (and maybe the ladies too) we find it interesting quoting ladies often, this somewhat pleases our minds and boost our confidence when approaching women in the real world, when ladies voices their opinion on relationship matters it gives a depth insight of how to handle our various relationships.

C - Without being able to have DP's a whole lot of people, especially the guys would easily claim genders they are not. There will be more guys claiming girls, but with the picture feature and you claim to be a lady without a face to back it up, many ll doubt your claim, and rightly so.

D. Although, I am yet to seek for advice on here, I will most likely consider an advice from a person who at least I know what they look like than a faceless person whenever I seek for public opinion. This might just be me, but others may think same.

E - There are a few people with fake personalities even with their pictures on display, now imagine a scenario when there's no means of having a pic, some will curse the hell out of others how they are short, ugly, dark or even bleached. But if one is not proud enough to show who they are then whatever insults they throw at others becomes baseless.

F - Lastly, without pics some may claim a different base of where they truly are, but with such features such claims can be put to check.

There are a whole lots of advantages of having the dp feature more than not but I wouldn't want to say further so it doesn't get boring reading through.

No one is mandated to have a pic on their profile, if you want to go ahead but if you don't want to your biz. I usually have my reservations on any pseudonym that I haven't seen at least 2 different pictures of theirs. But it wouldn't stop me from interacting with such a person. I am simply here to have fun and kill boredom not to care about who people truly are or the personality they are tryna portray.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Jonwesley(m): 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
free2ryhme:

cant you read

because people upload fake dp and falsify there bio datas on naira land does not mean we should totally abolish the idea. what about those who have real dp and bio data? what now happens to them? u should also note the sun shines on the good and evil likewise when it rains

Stop castigating some one by such comments "can't you read?"...

You are like the type that can easily be carried away by sight. Yes I know some will have good intentions, and my comments is basically a suggestion on how to frustrate those that take advantage of the good people here, no insults please.

How many people display pictures on their profile pages, about 20% or thereabouts. Some display inanimate objects, pictures they like.

And of those 20% fake pictures abound particularly fake ladies pictures by people of low self esteem or to deceive innocent people into believing they are so and so.

Without pictures we can learn from people's experiences and their knowledge, willingly expressed.
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ronald4lif(m): 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
themejiwalker:
Mehn u be prof?

Lol! No brother, I am not, just a learner smiley

1 Like

Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by free2ryhme: 10:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonwesley:

Stop castigating some one by such comments "can't you read?"...

You are like the type that can easily be carried away by sight. Yes I know some will have good intentions, and my comments is basically a suggestion on how to frustrate those that take advantage of the good people here, no insults please.

How many people display pictures on their profile pages, about 20% or thereabouts. Some display inanimate objects, pictures they like.

And of those 20% fake pictures abound particularly fake ladies pictures by people of low self esteem or to deceive innocent people into believing they are so and so.

Without pictures we can learn from people's experiences and their knowledge, willingly expressed.

but wait oo

it is their dp, their mb and their time. whatever they feel comfortable to do as long as it does not go against the vision on the forum then there is nothing wrong.

It is up to them to do what they feel is comfortable. if you think this is an issue try ignoring this percentage of people with such preferences so you don't get a heart attack all in the name of getting to know them grin.

after all you were never consulted before the engaged the internet
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ronald4lif(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
ivyy:
Eyaaa embarassed

undecided
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ivyy(f): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
ronald4lif:

undecided
Now that you have my attention what do you want angry
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by ronald4lif(m): 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
ivyy:

Now that you have my attention what do you want angry

Lol! I want chop, wetin you cook
Re: I Suggest We Remove Pictures From Our Profile by Karleb(m): 4:36am On Feb 11, 2015
defemidefemi:
don't worry dear, I will bring this issue up in the house b4 Senate president Mark and we will try our best to pass it into law, since that is one of the challenges facing ur own senatorial district. consider it done.

grin grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

45 ISIS Terrorists Died Of Food Poison/ Breaking Ramadan Fast In Mosul Iraq / Girl Cries Out On Twitter After Having The Best Sex Of Her Life / Describe Your Ex- Using Only Movie Titles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.