Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Doctors' Handwriting - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors' Handwriting (2878 Views)

Doctors Invade UBTH Accounts Department To Enforce Their Salary Payment - Pics / (PHOTO) Doctors Handwriting Can Truly Get One Into Trouble! / Can You Read It? Doctors Handwriting Amuses Patients. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors' Handwriting by Vectormike(m): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2015
I qot to the Hospital and I was directed to a Physician, he wrote down a druq that even a blind would complain.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by jessiecah(f): 1:35am On Feb 09, 2015
Lol...it's not meant for you to understand...the pharmacist will know

2 Likes

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by MockinJay(m): 2:12am On Feb 09, 2015
Way too early to start laughing cheesy so true though
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Vectormike(m): 2:38am On Feb 09, 2015
Some of the Pharmacists don't know what's written.
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by liliangmail(f): 6:38am On Feb 09, 2015
Doctors lack good handwritting!
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 9:03am On Feb 09, 2015
Not all docs have chicken handwriting....

If you see my writing you'd doubt my MBBS....

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by liliangmail(f): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
lagusta@ let me check it out.. if u dont mind undecided kiss
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by defendedvictim(m): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
True...the last prescription I was given by a patient to dispense; mehn!!! D look on my face must have made d patient to doubt my competence
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
This isn't a child's play at all.

This handwriting thing have really caused harm to patients all round

Pharmacists shouldn't be made to decipher doctor's code; they ain't handwriting investigators and it detracts to actual patient care

Most hospitals and clinics in US instituted a mandatory transition to electronic medical record.

At my hospital and clinic, ALL prescription scripts are typed/signed on the patients electronic health record, all I have to do is print it out and hand it to patient OR even better, send it directly to pharmacy and a patient has to do is go to the pharmacist and pick up prescription. So easy, less hassle for both doctor, pharmacist and patient.

Barely anything is hand written anymore at my institution, some patient daily "rounds" notes and nurses orders are still hand written but even so it's minimal and has to be legible and understandable to a 10 year old.

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by liliangmail(f): 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jst like d one i saw today! ! i couldnt read out d Doc's name let alone d patient's name! could it b dy av a very bad handwritting or dy ar tryin to b fast?
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
liliangmail:
lagusta@ let me check it out.. if u dont mind undecided kiss

Okay....

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Vectormike(m): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Smh for Doctors.. #Shakara
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by liliangmail(f): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Smhow clear unlike others
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
Vectormike:
Smh for Doctors.. #Shakara

u jealous
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by zeezahbee(f): 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
Xiadnat:
This isn't a child's play at all.

This handwriting thing have really caused harm to patients all round

Pharmacists shouldn't be made to decipher doctor's code; they ain't handwriting investigators and it detracts to actual patient care

Most hospitals and clinics in US instituted a mandatory transition to electronic medical record.

At my hospital and clinic, ALL prescription scripts are typed/signed on the patients electronic health record, all I have to do is print it out and hand it to patient OR even better, send it directly to pharmacy and a patient has to do is go to the pharmacist and pick up prescription. So easy, less hassle for both doctor, pharmacist and patient.

Barely anything is hand written anymore at my institution, some patient daily "rounds" notes and nurses orders are still hand written but even so it's minimal and has to be legible and understandable to a 10 year old.
Thank you xiadnat. let blame it on nigeria.A pharmacist doesnt even need a paper prescription, everything is on the system already. All the medications the patient has taken from birth and the ones he/she is allergic to will be seen. if a refill is needed, it will also be stated there

P.S That handwriting thing is like a swag for doctors in Nigeria. cheesy SILLY SWAGS. where is lagusta??

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by zeezahbee(f): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Lagusta:

u jealous
wizard cheesy, show me your handwriting tongue
modified: i strolled up and saw it. that was cute tho tongue

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
zeezahbee:
Thank you xiadnat. let blame it on nigeria.A pharmacist doesnt even need a paper prescription, everything is on the system already. All the medications the patient has taken from birth and the ones he/she is allergic to will be seen. if a refill is needed, it will also be stated there

P.S That handwriting thing is like a swag for doctors in Nigeria. cheesy SILLY SWAGS. where is lagusta??

i'm here, have you seen my writing
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by zeezahbee(f): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
liliangmail:
Jst like d one i saw today! ! i couldnt read out d Doc's name let alone d patient's name! could it b dy av a very bad handwritting or dy ar tryin to b fast?
stale swag thats all. part of there empty ego o show they are different
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
zeezahbee:
wizard cheesy, show me your handwriting tongue
modified: i strolled up and saw it. that was cute tho tongue

Thanks sweetheart.... kiss
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Lagusta(m): 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
zeezahbee:

That reminds me...

I have once worked in a private hospital (while I was still a student tho) where the prescription and printing was fully digitized....

We will get there someday!!!
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by LLVelly: 12:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Hahahahaha no be small tin oh,back in 2002,one doctor wrote one of doz tins(for my sake) & gave to my mother, d woman enter market find d tin tire na so she return go d hospital pharmacy dem come bring d drugs sharp-sharp.
NB: it's only d doctor & their pharmacist understands d handwriting.
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Vectormike(m): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2015
Abeqi! That his handwritinq is cute doesn't mean he's cute oo.
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by wollyj1: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
mmmmmm, true, his writing is always illegible until he writes your bill! Your bill is always very legible and clear! grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by Vectormike(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
wollyj1:
mmmmmm, true, his writing is always illegible until he writes your bill! Your bill is always very legible and clear! grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Handwriting by JahzaraAde(f): 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Vectormike:
I qot to the Hospital and I was directed to a Physician, he wrote down a druq that even a blind would complain.

Looool it's a known fact that doctors have bad handwriting - they tell us this at the start of med school.

Next time, ask your doctor to right in capitals, that may help smiley
Re: Doctors' Handwriting by JahzaraAde(f): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
zeezahbee:

Loool really? The doctors in the UK are just as bad o!

(1) (Reply)

Can Muscle Pull/cramp Lead To Death? / Come In Here For All Organic Needs!!! / Late Night Dinner Worsens Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.